• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC this August!

Pinky

Banned
Glad to see 9 & 10 ported to modern hardware. I had both games on the Wii, but it died a few years ago. I couldn't care less about 7 & 8.

Probably unpopular opinon, but I hope they consider doing a legacy collection of the gameboy games because they're pretty different overall compared to the NES versions.

muzzymate

Never liked the way Mega Man 7 & 8 felt and I already have 9 & 10 thru Xbox One's backwards compatibility. Will probably skip out on this one until a decent sale. Hoping they eventually release a Mega Man X Collection. The original Mega Man Legacy & Disney Afternoon Collections are fantastic though!

and here we are with another trash collection with even less game than the previous one...

i'm still happy with my collection released 15 years ago that contain more games...

sure it's nice to see megaman 9 and 10 to pc... but still, fuck them

jett

D-Member
MM9 is great. MM10 I never played, but I figure it isn't too shabby. The other two are better left forgotten.

Weird Capcom ditched Digital Eclipse. They didn't use emulation, did they? They sort of recreated the games in their own engine, at least that's what I kind of understood. I imagine this new collection will be using regular-ass no-frills emulators.

4 games is weird when a) they could simply have added them in the original Legacy collection like they were supposed to, and b) there are still some Classic Mega Man games that didn't make it in.

Keym

I got incredibly excited for a second when I saw the MM Gameboy bosses on the right, only to get my hopes and dreams crushed once I read it was just 7-10. Maybe someday they'll port the best classic MM games...

Eh...well, at least Megaman 9 & 10 are good.
Too bad they're sharing space with the two worst games of the original series.
The lack of Megaman & Bass is also disheartening. Maybe it shows up in "all spin-off" collection with Megaman Soccer, Power Battles, etc.

The only good thing to come from X6 was that one guy who did...
- X no upgrades
- All Reploids
- Nightmare Difficulty
- No damage
- Buster Only

run. It really shows how BAD the game is. Then there's X7 and X8...yeah...

HideOfBeast's run? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8

Was Dr. Light voiced by Elmer Fudd in that dub?

RootCause

Cool, but I hope this is only the beginning.
We need X collection, Zero/ZX collection, BN collection, and Star Force collection.

and here we are with another trash collection with even less game than the previous one...

i'm still happy with my collection released 15 years ago that contain more games...

sure it's nice to see megaman 9 and 10 to pc... but still, fuck them

You do realize the emulation in the Anniversary collections was beyond awful, right?

Guess an X Collection is next containing X1-5, X6 can burn
burn, burn to the ground, burn, burn, burn to the ground
for all I care, and I don't think Capcom would want to bother making a PS2 emulator just for X8.

Which one is better?

Both the PS1 and Saturn versions of Mega Man 8 perform and look identically the same, it's only that the Saturn release has extra content like Wood Man and Cut Man as extra robot masters

KingBroly

Banned
Neither of those things are true. 8 is a normal length.

And "grindy?" Huh?

7 feels too methodical.

8 has long levels, with long sections and mid-bosses. It becomes extremely tedious by the end with all of the ridiculous things it wants you to do.

I love Mega Man, and I love 3 out of these 4 games (MM10, not so much) but I feel after having paid for both 9 and 10 at launch individually on Xbox 360, both of which are backwards compatible, and paid full price for the first Legacy Collection, paying $20 to play MM7 and MM8 on my Xbox One is too much. Also, I feel that these 4 games should have likely been included in the original Legacy Collection.

I will likely sit this one out until there's a sale. There's not enough here that's worthwhile to me to pay the full price.

I'm excited for getting 9 and 10 on more consoles, but also disappointed it's just those 4 games.

Did the 3DS version of the first do THAT bad that they decided to not bother with Nintendo versions of their collections anymore? I'm still getting this on Steam, but a portable version would've made me buy it twice.

mrmickfran

This will be the first time that 9 & 10 will be available physically.

I wasn't going to plan on double dipping, but when you put it that way...

Fuck

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Was really hoping for Rockman and Bass in this collection. I always thought of it as a mainline title but I guess it is a spinoff in reality.

I hope they make a Mega Man spinoff collection next with the sports and racing games as well.

yyr

So happy 9 and 10 are getting ported to modern platforms, 9 especially!

As has been pointed out already, 9 and 10 are already on Xbox One, at the low, low price of FREE if you already bought them on 360.

So I can't justify paying $20 for just Mega Man 7 and 8, especially considering that I have the PS1 version of 8 on my Vita already. I'll probably wait on this until it's $5 or less.

Zia

MM9 is great. MM10 I never played, but I figure it isn't too shabby. The other two are better left forgotten.

Weird Capcom ditched Digital Eclipse. They didn't use emulation, did they? They sort of recreated the games in their own engine, at least that's what I kind of understood. I imagine this new collection will be using regular-ass no-frills emulators.

They said at one point that they were working on getting their emulation tech working with more modern platforms, but maybe they're stuck using it with NES games.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Also explains why there may not be a 3DS version as they'd have to create an engine for it.
But yeah, I'm worried about the emulation here. We'll see.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The only good thing to come from X6 was that one guy who did...
- X no upgrades
- All Reploids
- Nightmare Difficulty
- No damage
- Buster Only

run. It really shows how BAD the game is. Then there's X7 and X8...yeah...

X8 is a very good game and doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside X7 like that.

TreIII

Probably unpopular opinon, but I hope they consider doing a legacy collection of the gameboy games because they're pretty different overall compared to the NES versions.

You wouldn't be the only one. Barring "Rockman World 2" (MM2GB), the GB series is pretty legit.

Hell, I remember when Capcom announced that they were going to do a "MMGB Anniversary Collection" for GBA, many, many moons ago. A friend of mine on a Rockman BBS actually still has his receipt from that!

Wildo09

I think classic MegaMan games dated pretty badly, so I'm not as excited as some people here are. If Capcom releases a Z/ZX collection though, that would be magnificent.

Top Bottom