• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC this August!

Opa-Pa

X8 was okay.

I really enjoyed the last Mega Man collection. However, I have never played the Mega Man games after 6. Are they any better or worse than 1-6? I'm interested in trying this out.

YMMV honestly. I think 7 is garbage but a lot of people like it, and I adore 8 despite it being very different but lots of people hate it haha. 9 and 10 are legitimately good tho, especially 9 which is fantastic and actually better than the majority of the original 6 IMO. The collection is worth it for that one alone.

A audio issue still remains where the audio "pops" on certain tracks. Depending on the player its either not noticeable or game breaking. I had no issues with it personally as I only noticed it a couple of times.

Otherwise the port is great in my opinion. No input lag to the controls (I play the games all the time on the original hardware and had no problems in this regard) and the challenge mode was an excellent addition that gave me tons of replay value to a series I've probably played to death!

Yes, Legacy Collection is very, very good, at least on the platforms I frequently play it on (PS4 and 3DS). PS4 has some very rare audio issues and Mega Man 5 is broken on 3DS (you can switch to the japanese version though which has no issues), but those aside they're mostly flawless.

I think Digital Eclipse did a great job considering the roundabout stuff they had to pull off to avoid doing "traditional" emulation, and I'm actually kinda worried about this upcoming one because it looks like they're not involved.

MrBadger

You know what, this is exactly what I've wanted. I've never played 7, 8 or 10 and 9 is my favourite Mega Man game. I've heard mixed things about 7 and 8, but 10 is a game I've always wanted to play. Actually kinda glad we're getting this instead of an X collection because out of all the X games I've played, I only like the first one. Maybe we'll get one later.

Sephzilla

X8 was great though.

YmuRofs.gif

Sciz

I really enjoyed the last Mega Man collection. However, I have never played the Mega Man games after 6. Are they any better or worse than 1-6? I'm interested in trying this out.

7 is designed well enough, but has a bunch of mechanical rough spots that make it feel less good to play than its predecessors. 8 has the exact opposite problem. 9 and 10 are both good recreations of the NES style.

Giga Man

I think X8 was the first Mega Man X I played and finished, and I enjoyed it. (The first actual X game I played was Command Mission, which I enjoyed as well, but that's an RPG.)

Blackage

Weird there's no Megaman & Base in this collection.

I know Megaman 8 gets alot of hate, but I really think it's a probably one of the best looking Megaman games and the last time they made any attempt to do anything flashy or nice with the graphics before they gave up and went back to an 8-bit style, also the soundtrack is fantastic, I could listen to the stage select music on loop for hours. :p

D3VI0US

This is half assed, we should get Rockman and Bass, Power Battle 1 and 2, MegaMan Soccer, and Battle and Chase or whatever the cart racer was called.

StarPhlox

... There's only one X game after X7, which is X8 -- the game we're discussing, so that's a weird way to put it. :p

No sir, X8 is legitimately great. No, it's not as good as X1-X4, of course, but I actually have no problem putting it equal to or above X5.

There were, I believe, two bad stages, to be fair. The vehicle ones. But all of the 2D stuff? Very good level design and unique differences between characters. Oh, and awesome music (maybe the best final boss track in the series).

Yes there are redeeming aspects and I don't think it's an actively bad game, but I do not think it's great like X1,X2, and X4 are. I like X3 and X5 as well but to me they are good, not great. X8 is a step below those not just because of the 2 vehicle stages, but the 2 auto-scrollers (Earthrock Trilobyte and Burn Rooster). Before you know it, you have half of the stages being pretty terrible! I resent it further for being the last X game we received (13 years and going strong) and ending with another cliffhanger. If Capcom just let the series naturally conclude after X5 I would never beg for a follow-up.

StarPhlox

You think they'd ever do a MML collection or is it too obscure?

Not too obscure necessarily but probably just unnecessary at this point. All those games are on Vita now which is probably the best we will ever get. They didn't age as gracefully as the 2D Mega Man Classic/X/Zero/ZX games and after the Legends 3 debacle I just can't imagine them ever bringing it up again outside of individual ports.

Opa-Pa

I expect 9 & 10 to have all of its DLC.

I never got to play as Bass.

They seem to do. The Mega Man Killers are featured in the key art and Capcom's PR says their DLC stages are included in MM10.

Digital Eclipse is not involved with MMLC2 https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/871747103738941440

Ugh.

Welp, expected but still worrying.

I'm sure MM9 and 10 will turn out fine, but now I'm worried for 8.

You think they'd ever do a MML collection or is it too obscure?

Haha...

Eusis

Weird there's no Megaman & Base in this collection.

I know Megaman 8 gets alot of hate, but I really think it's a probably one of the best looking Megaman games and the last time they made any attempt to do anything flashy or nice with the graphics before they gave up and went back to an 8-bit style, also the soundtrack is fantastic, I could listen to the stage select music on loop for hours. :p
Ohhh, shit, yeah. They should've got the SNES version officially brought over this way to make it a really good collection.

And crazy what searching on Capcpom turns up. I forgot that while they were failing at typing over and over they announced Mega Man X for 3DS Virtual Console rather than Wii back in 2012... yet here we are in 2017 and MMX really is on 3DS Virtual Console.

WarRock

I don't see power battles on that list. Where's power battles.
For real, Power Battles co-op is fun as heck.

Edit: yo capcom pls, include that Operation Shooting Star mission from the BN1 remake in this hypothetical collection that you should make, thanks
That is one of those things that I'm not sure I want. It was so half-assed. And BN1 is just so outdated in general.

A BN Collection brings up some interesting possibilities. Would they use the DS versions of BN5? Would the chips/cards unlocks be included (like the bonus from eCards in the MMZ Collection)? Battle Chip Challenge would be in it? Vanilla BN1 or Operation Shooting Star BN1? Game breaking glitches from BN4 (and broken AI) would be fixed? Would it include Starforce (because for sure a SF Collection has no market appeal on its own)? If yes, what about the unlockable card stuff from SF3? And so on...

Maybe they can do a Megaman Weird Stuff Collection and put it in classic spin-offs, Legends, Starforce and Command Mission )=

rackham

Banned
... There's only one X game after X7, which is X8 -- the game we're discussing, so that's a weird way to put it. :p

No sir, X8 is legitimately great. No, it's not as good as X1-X4, of course, but I actually have no problem putting it equal to or above X5.

There were, I believe, two bad stages, to be fair. The vehicle ones. But all of the 2D stuff? Very good level design and unique differences between characters. Oh, and awesome music (maybe the best final boss track in the series).
Theres x command mission if you want to count it.

Said several times before, but no Mega Man & Bass and no GB games is pretty unfortunate. And they really need the Saturn enhancements of Mega Man 8 to be there.

Happy these games are now on PC, especially 9 and 10.

If I can't have the Saturn content / stage layouts in 8, at least I hope they include the japanese voices. :(

No Digital Eclipse is worrying. The emulation better be good.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Agreed, the two vehicle stages were a miss, but the rest of X8 is legitimately a real solid Megaman experience.

OmegaFax

Anyone scoured Twitter or seen re-tweets of this announcement by companies that have a known portfolio of making compilations like this? I guess we won't know who developed this until there's a Steam listing for it?

MattG-PTB

Anyone scoured Twitter or seen re-tweets of this announcement by companies that have a known portfolio of making compilations like this? I guess we won't know who developed this until there's a Steam listing for it?

I really wish that these trailers would slip the developer name in at the end with the small print about how the PlayStation logo is property of Sony, Xbox logo is the property of Microsoft, etc. Just throw a little bone to curious people.

Parsnip

I'm potentially in. Don't remember playing 7 a ton nor 8 at all.

Curious to see what kind of emulation solutions they will use.

ZeoVGM

Banned

I remember a few months ago, there was a thread where X8 got brought up, talk was kind of negative and then it turned out a few couple people thought we were talking about X7. I feel like this is happening here.

X8 is good, guys. It's got some flaws but it's certainly a good game.

Theres x command mission if you want to count it.

Also not garbage. A number of issues, certainly but not garbage.

I wish people would learn there can be something in between Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X7 in terms of quality. Not everything is amazing or garbage.

Dreanmirc

Neo Member
I think (hope) they saved MM&B for Legacy Collection 3, with: SFxMM, the portable games, Battle & Chase, Board, Battle & Fighters, Super Adventure, Wily Tower and Soccer!

Tsunamo

I can understand some of the other spin-offs but it's such a shame we're not getting Megaman and Bass with it, that would've prettymuch been the whole main Megaman series right there.

I'll grab it for sure if they're decent ports. It's so nice to have 7/8 on modern platforms (and 9 and 10 ported to current gen)

Hopefully JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE isn't in any of the Time Trial Challenges. Imagine having to sit through that every time you want to make an attempt at a Gold Medal.

Mega Man Legends-acy collection when!?

The poor games only just made it into the tail end of the ps3, they don't deserve to be trapped on the
moon
old hardware.

There's no English version of the SNES game they can put in.

Edit: and I doubt anyone wants the GBA version.

Leave it in untranslated... It's a mega Man game, not dragon quest. Or hire an additional programmer and copy-paste the gba translation into it after the prerequisite formatting and dialogue hacks are made.

StAidan

Really happy to see Mega Man 9 coming to PC in particular. I played it on the Wii originally, and even back then I was concerned about the digital preservation of it. Quite possibly my favorite of the Mega Man series.

Really happy to see Mega Man 9 coming to PC in particular. I played it on the Wii originally, and even back then I was concerned about the digital preservation of it. Quite possibly my favorite of the Mega Man series.

The game is fully playable in dolphin, so it would have been as preserved as any other console title not ported to pc.

No MegaMan and Bass is lame. Should have thrown Soccer in also. And then get the X series out ASAP.

Cool to have nine and ten of modern consoles, though. Weird that there's no Switch given the first collection came to 3DS. Maybe we can hope for a complete collection of both eventually.

StAidan

The game is fully playable in dolphin, so it would have been as preserved as any other console title not ported to pc.

True, I guess I should clarify, I was concerned about the digital preservation of it for me specifically, and I won't play it in Dolphin.

Top Bottom