• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Boney

Banned
boneyav.jpg

shaowebb

Utako said:
Welcome to every company above the level of start-up.

Stop scapegoating Inafune for this Utako. Yeah its shit that it got cancelled, but he had very legitimate reasons for his departure. Not every company is so generalized like you say either. Read up on companies like Valve or Insomniac and you'll see how wrong your generalization about every company being like that is.

He had legitimate reasons to go. It wasn't his fault and given the shit Capcom pulls they would've made him cancel it even if he was still with them.

So stop trying to find a target to hate in one person. It was a Capcom thing that did this, NOT an Inafune thing.

Borman

IMG_2814.jpg

Got this beauty in the mail today, a custom MML figure! Well worth the cost. Ignore the cat/dog hair that found its way onto him already. More pictures later!

Kerrby

Banned
Roto13 said:
He left Capcom because it was a horrible place for him to be working. You expect someone to stick with a job they hate so you can have a sequel to a game that nobody outside of this thread gives a shit about in the first place. (Which, by the way, he tried to keep working on after leaving Capcom but they simply wouldn't let him.)

You post like an asshole also.

Actually you post like an arsehole. Opinions, what are they man?

Who would blame Capcom for not letting him finish working on the game after he left the company on what seems like bad terms.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Gravijah said:
close the wound.
the wound will never fully heal. we must learn to live with the pain, and channel it into something more. something terrible. together will will form a writhing phalanx of rage that will shatter capcom's ramparts and send a message that cannot be ignored!

or we can all just have a cry about it. :(

Roto13

Kerrby said:
Actually you post like an arsehole. Opinions, what are they man?
"In my opinion, Inafune should have continued to be unhappy at work for another year or two so I can play a video game."

Hmm, nope, pretty sure that's still the opinion of an asshole.

Give it another go, though, you'll get me someday I'm sure.

Blame the gazillion people that wouldn't have given a shit about the game if it hadn't been cancelled. This would have bombed even harder than its predecessors.

There was obviously some behind-the-scene shit going on between the company's management and Inafune. When Yoshiki Okamoto (the previous head of R&D at Capcom) left, Kenzo Tsujimoto practically begged him to stay – to the point where he offered him a huge raise. When Inafune left, no one even cared. Afterward, he gave this huge interview in which he criticized Capcom's employment, management and development structure. And subsequently, the company cancelled Inafune's projects and removed all of the interviews with him on their investor relations page. That's about as radical as you can go with the departure of an employee.

Zen

Banned
The executive board hated Inafune and Inafune hated them, that's why they cancelled the his projects and turned down his offer to work with Capcom on his existing commitments.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=142177362547179

So the average likes per day has actually been going up over the past month as we're getting closer to 50k. There's some stuff cooing for when we do get there. I think a general problem thus far has been a lack of direct pointed communication and not making use of the media as well as they could. But it's encouraging to see that things have leveled it and are actually picking up a bit.

Roto13 said:
"In my opinion, Inafune should have continued to be unhappy at work for another year or two so I can play a video game."

Hmm, nope, pretty sure that's still the opinion of an asshole.

Give it another go, though, you'll get me someday I'm sure.

He wouldn't have had to work another year or two, maybe another 6 months, after a certain point the game would have been relatively impossible to cancel because of sunk costs.

Zen

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
Game would have bombed.

Doubtful, sure it was a niche P but it still sold hundreds of thousands of units back on the PS1. They certainly could have captured a decent amount of market share on the then content starved 3DS.

Roto13

Zen said:
He wouldn't have had to work another year or two, maybe another 6 months, after a certain point the game would have been relatively impossible to cancel because of sunk costs.
And what makes you think 6 months is the magic number?

Boney

Banned
Zen said:
Doubtful, sure it was a niche P but it still sold hundreds of thousands of units back on the PS1. They certainly could have captured a decent amount of market share on the then content starved 3DS.
Well Inafune resigned in October and this was cancelled in june.

June was it? I don't even wanna check

Kerrby

Banned
Boney said:
can't believe we have kerrrby shitting up this sacred burial ground

People need to let it go, the game is cancelled and won't be coming back.

The bar on Facebook should've been set realistically; it hasn't even reached 50,000 yet.

Kerrby said:
People need to let it go, the game is cancelled and won't be coming back.

The bar on Facebook should've been set realistically; it hasn't even reached 50,000 yet.
Why do you resent us? Why must you act this way towards us? We have done nothing to you to deserve the subhuman level of respect you have shown us.

Kerrby

Banned
AzureNightmare said:
Why do you resent us? Why must you act this way towards us? We have done nothing to you to deserve the subhuman level of respect you have shown us.

I want the game too but it just aint gonna happen chief.

Zen

Banned
Kerrby said:
I want the game too but it just aint gonna happen chief.

That doesn't really answer his question, I mean so what if this is how people want to deal with the fact taht the game has been cancelled.

At least we might get a few cool fangames out of this, even if the game doesn't come back.

It came up recently that the facebook group is now being visited directly by Capcom japans IP. Interesting. I think that there also needs to be a public push to CC2 to see if some more public comments can be generated.

Utako

Banned
Roto13 said:
He left Capcom because it was a horrible place for him to be working. You expect someone to stick with a job they hate so you can have a sequel to a game that nobody outside of this thread gives a shit about in the first place. (Which, by the way, he tried to keep working on after leaving Capcom but they simply wouldn't let him.)

You post like an asshole also.
YES! YES I EXPECT THAT!! ASSHOLE OR NO! INAFUNE THE GAP DRESSES BETTER THAN YOOOOU!!!!

wwm0nkey

The Bringback MML3 fan page made a video for NYCC, they are setting up a fan booth even.

Video

Really don't think I've ever seen so many people that cared about a game so much.

Mzo

God damn I want this game to be made so bad.

SO BAD.

They should've never announced it. It was already dead in my heart.

Why did they bring it back?

Top Bottom