• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

wwm0nkey

So the prototype had a lot of content and it actually played good so it WAS up to standards.

Yeah Capcom just hates Megaman, though that much was obvious when they decided not to release the prototype.

qq more

wwm0nkey said:
So the prototype had a lot of content and it actually played good so it WAS up to standards.

Yeah Capcom just hates Megaman, though that much was obvious when they decided not to release the prototype.
Seriously, fuck Capcom. I'm gonna be bitter towards Capcom for a longggggggggggg time.

wwm0nkey

qq more said:
Seriously, fuck Capcom. I'm gonna be bitter towards Capcom for a longggggggggggg time.
Same

Now say if they decided to bring it back and include the prototype in MH Tri G then all will be forgiven.

I just don't get it though even if you are bitter at an ex employee they should suck it up and at least see how the prototype does before canning the entire game.

I mean seriously

I played for about three hours. I was surprised how much content there was in the Prototype Version, considering that it seemed like it was essentially going to be a playable demo. Not only were there a good number of missions, but after completing all the missions you could simply explore the environments and talk with NPCs, or you could go to the debug room to see even more behind-the-scenes stuff. I definitely could have spent more time playing the game than I did (and I would have if I’d known it was going to be my only chance to play it!)

Reading that pissed me off even more

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Anonymous Tipster said:
Someday, Mega Man Legends, someday....

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE
Hope is dead. It has been replaced by bitter, seething rage and perennial depression.

Now if you will excuse me, my house isn't going to paint itself black.

kunonabi

That interview makes me even more pissed off that Capcom pulled this crap. Doesn't help that I'm really not interested in anything Capcom is putting out aside from a 3DS game that has no chance in hell of being localized by them.

AzureJericho said:
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I really wish I hadn't read this. They had a scenario ready and everything?! And this shit sounds so cool.

Seriously. That part just crushed me. That sounds FANTASTIC.

BlueWord

qq more said:

Pretty much my feeling since this happened. I used to love this company, too. I want the old Capcom back. :(

wwm0nkey

320935_2436743197637_1223442899_32959874_1069046219_n.jpg

What that was apparently posted on on /v/:

- Street Fighter x Tekken Reveals: Rolento, Zangief, Heihachi, Lili (Everyone probably knows this already). Demo of new build on show floor.
- Street Fighter x Tekken announced for PC and as a Wii U launch window title. 360/PC versions will have an exclusive character (like Cole is for PS3/Vita), as will the Wii U version. The characters themselves will not be specified.
- SSF4AE 2012 officially named Super Street Fighter IV Upper (at least in Japan). Adds Hugo and Poison and will still be free for owners of SSF4AE. Demo of new build on show floor, includes Hugo and Poison. Announcement that this is definitely the final version of SF4, as the team is going to start a new project shortly.
- UMvC3: Rest of new characters get reveal trailers. Demo build with every character on show floor.
- Mega Man Legends 3: Announcement that due to fan feedback, development will restart in November.
- Mega Man 6, 7, X2, X3 and Mega Man 64 announced for Wii Virtual Console. Mega Man 2 and 3 (GB), as well as Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 (NES) announced for 3DS Virtual Console.
- Mega Man 8, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne announced for PSone Classics.
- Vampire Savior: Online Edition announced for PSN. HD remastering ala 3SO with GGPO online. Demo on show floor.
- Marvel vs Capcom Collection announced for PSN. Includes X-Men VS Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. No remastering, but will include GGPO online play. No demo.
- Trailers, release dates and demos of most every game you already know about (DMC, MH, RE, etc)

Are we all going to go LOL4chan? It's not that absurd that Capcom's faith in the 3DS has be revived by Nintendo's desperate acts.

Gravijah

"- Mega Man 6, 7, X2, X3 and Mega Man 64 announced for Wii Virtual Console. Mega Man 2 and 3 (GB), as well as Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 (NES) announced for 3DS Virtual Console.
- Mega Man 8, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne announced for PSone Classics."

lol

NEO0MJ

scytheavatar said:
Are we all going to go LOL4chan? It's not that absurd that Capcom's faith in the 3DS has be revived by Nintendo's desperate acts.

It's everything else that really stands out.

jackdoe

Gravijah said:
"- Mega Man 6, 7, X2, X3 and Mega Man 64 announced for Wii Virtual Console. Mega Man 2 and 3 (GB), as well as Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 (NES) announced for 3DS Virtual Console.
- Mega Man 8, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne announced for PSone Classics."

lol
That's not the most "lol" part though:
"Marvel vs Capcom Collection announced for PSN. Includes X-Men VS Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. No remastering, but will include GGPO online play. No demo."

Gravijah

jackdoe said:
That's not the most "lol" part though:
"Marvel vs Capcom Collection announced for PSN. Includes X-Men VS Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. No remastering, but will include GGPO online play. No demo."

The whole thing is insane. Absolutely insane.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
scytheavatar said:

Don't get trolled by this shit, come on this reads like a Capcom fans wet dream. It's jizzing bullshit all over.

Is this for TGS? In which case, we know were getting 4 characters revealed for TGS and the rest presumably left for NYCC according to another /v/ leak that was validated by the person who leaked UMvC3 himself, lupinko. If that doesn't tip you off: more likely bullshit than not.

And LOL at MvC collection using GGPO... for 4 titles in one... LOL

Gravijah said:

lol

This is all i want for christmas, please spirit of christmas, grant me this wish.

qq more

scytheavatar said:

Come on man. This is so obviously fake, so damn fake that I'm surprised anyone would believe it. Since when does a company announce so many ports and collections at once?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also bullshit because it says no demo of UMvC3 when Seth already confirmed he's giving one.

Yeah I don't think you need more reasons. The pattern is clear.

Zen

Banned
Well over 45,160 (decently close to/over 50 000 if you combine the likes for each internation sub group board) people have liked the facebook group, still going at about 100 per day.

The US Devroom has almost 16 000 members and is now only 2300 members behind Lost Planet, and the petition on Capcoms site is over 8000 signed.

Also the fangame is apparently continuing and they're going to be using the unity engine.

Also, Capcom is stupid for cancelling this game.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
It's been more than a month, and I'm still upset over this. I think that whole situation could have been handled better. Even just a small generic polite statement from Capcom's PR "we understand there are many fans out there and rest assured Mega Man will be back for more adventures in the future" would have been nice.

But no. For some reason, cancelling Universe, removing from MVC3 and cancelling Legends 3 is not a problem.

Doesn't help that this happens on 3DS either, considering all the context.

Top Bottom