• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men are flocking to a McDonald's in Taiwan to ogle a female employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSN

Banned
Im not reading those seben pages, just point me at Slayven's thirsty ass posts so I can quote them and laugh.

Holy shit, even there- they only have m&m and oreo flurries? They really need to bring some reece's pieces and some other toppings back into the mix.

ayy lmao
alien_equal_to_anime_by_zenki1389.jpg

YCB06sX.gif

Kenstar

You implied I was ignorant of how Asian women looked and I replied that actual people from Asia are calling her things like Lolita.

If I'm missing something, please articulate it.

>actual people
>one blogger with a history of nsfw/sfw photos of women if you bothered to check his history

She's called the Mcdonalds Goddess, and If some American 4channer decides to call her 'Sexy like my 10yr old niece' on /b/, then Taiwan Newspapers dont get to say 'Incest-prone Americans are calling her sexy and child-like'

It's the same shit as when some niche fetish site runs a web poll asking something stupid like 'would you rather have a 2d GF than a 3d' and 70 out of 100 random users click the 2d box so we get stupid articles about how 'Japanese Men Show shocking preference towards cartoon anime women, also how bout their birthrate amirite'

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If she enjoys the attention, then what's the problem exactly?

Why are there so many of you here in this thread act as if you represent her feelings about all this? As if some of you have the authority to decide whether she should enjoy the attention or not.

I don't see why I should have to when I, and many others, have done so already,but for you? Anything.

See, you've made a few choice errors in your judgement.

1. Saying "people from Asia are calling her lolita" is actually wrong. It's a subset of creepy dudes. In fact, if you went to Asia, I'm sure they'd know her age outright instead of being baffled by her looks because it's a normality there.

- In the same way, you could apply some people from other countries calling younger popstars "hot schoolgirls" because of their looks and wouldn't assume that to be the pure basis of their attraction because it's not different for you. On that point...

2. Attraction isn't the same from person to person. If a creepy subset of dudes is calling her hot because of her youth appearance reminds them of younger girls, that's on them. Other people call find her cute and attractive without attributing child-like features (or in your case, insecurities!) to her looks.

- This is where the guy who talks about his girlfriend looking younger should be an issue for people here, because it must mean he's a pedo due to her youthful appear, right?

3. Your thought experience, while cute, did the opposite of what you intended it to do. People who live in China responded, people who didn't responded, and even I responded with my own personal insecurities. We differ, though, because I recognize it, but you just don't seem to wanna fix that.

So, that's about as much as I can dumb that down. Nobody is saying those creepy dudes should be attributing her looks to that of a child. Nobody is siding with them. In fact, numerous times, people have explained that she doesn't even look like a 10-year-old girl to you, and that the mere thought of doing so to her and younger looking Asian women is borderline racism.

But hey, here we are.

This thing started with the "creepy subset" and branched out from there. If I'm understanding the chronology of events, the blogger who referred to her as "Lolita" is the one who started the craze/creep shots. No one would be talking about her without these stalkers/creeps, so you can't just divorce them from the conversation and act like this is some innocent thing, sorry.

I think by condoning this craze you are (consciously or unconsciously) condoning some very unhealthy stuff.

Kenstar

This thing started with the "creepy subset" and branched out from there. If I'm understanding the chronology of events, the blogger who referred to her as "Lolita" is the one who started the craze/creep shots. No one would be talking about her without these stalkers/creeps, so you can't just divorce them from the conversation and act like this is some innocent thing, sorry.

I think by condoning this craze you are (consciously or unconsciously) condoning some very unhealthy stuff.

Actually, doing some Google translate-fu the lolita references are from her dressed up as lolita fashion from two years back, and she's now dressed differently.

(I've kept the hyperlinks intact so you can see what he was referring to, they lead to older posts)
"Last week, a netizen message to me,
that he saw I had filmed LORI little maid ,
now in his company to go to work next to McDonald's.
So take a chance to say to the scene,
and found that two years later,
still the same cute little Lolita,
put on this uniform after
a little more feminine."

See was little Lolita,
into today's "Wei micro sister,"
a dazzling two years really passed ah ~ Finally, once again thank Taiwan Samsung Electronics (shares) "Galaxy S6 working girl meat reconnaissance" activity solicitation and The author share. [More] sister Wei micro year McDonald's Lolita little maid

The lolita references are regarding this older uniform she used to wear

1387902825-4146049932.jpg

This is what happens when you half ass your 'articles' that are really just a paragraph, link and some pics of those crazy asians

Man, you just keep twisting my words even though it's clear as day.

Regardless if a creepy subset of people brought this to your attention or not, you can make the decision to see it another way. If Buzzfeed puts up an article about a person being a beautiful hunk/goddess of something, does that automatically make the reader fit into one position? It's like you forget people have differing opinions.

I never acted like this is some innocent thing. Go ahead, Point out where I said that. I'm saying there are creepy people, and there are people who aren't trying to look at her in a creepy way. You are trying your hardest to lump the two groups together.

Lastly, I ain't condoning anything. All I'm saying is if people find her attractive, it's not because they see her as a child every single time. But you, however, are condoning the ongoing racism of attributing younger asian girls with the looks of a 10 year old.

This is why I keep suggesting you read my posts. Elsewise you just keep making things up and it's not a good look.

Edit: And the guy above just displayed your timeline as off, which wasn't even the point of our immediate discussion anyway.

Grazzt

Yeah, because women are saints, right? Remember the case of this guy?

enhanced-12271-1395935286-15.jpg

People can find people to be very attractive. Shocking, I know.

Ok now I'm deeply regret that I didn't get the chance to see my potential Brazilian roomie because a Taiwanese girl came first (who is nothing like the one in OP).

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
i don't think i've ever seen a girl wearing a skirt to work at mcd's.

also, is she aware of this internet fandom?

Yes. She has appeared on Taiwanese variety/talk shows.

Such as the one here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uokhAeViYEw&feature=player_detailpage#t=1171

She looks far more normal on the show. The host also pointed out that she looked more like a reasonable looking human being and I think the photos in the OP were taken by zealous fans who went on to use photoshop to make her look even more doll like.

Seriously, she looks normal for a girl her age. Taiwanese girls also like to dress young and are influenced by Japanese and Korean fashion trends. We Asians just look younger in general and we tend to find westerners "older looking". An average 20 year old American might seem like he or she is 30 years old from our perception of how one should look like at a certain age.

well, gotta admit, these are some good looking fellas

not sure I see the problem here. Heck I go to a pub that serves shit food specifically because there's a top model level waitress

Taiwan's entertainment circle is strange when it comes to giving opportunities to random good looking or popular but regular people. I'm sure more than 2 girls have gotten music album releases just because they got noticed while selling road side snacks. I vaguely recall a Soya Beancurd Girl and a Chicken Cutlet Girl.

The two guys in your quote are quite suspicious though because the photos looked staged and they have mentioned that they've tried doing part time modelling. These might just be some guys who are trying to bank on the phenomenon of celebrity-hood via being good looking food sellers.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I think her creator did a fantastic job. She almost doesn't look like a robot.

No but seriously there's something about her that is creeping me out.

She looks normal in videos. The guy who took the pictures photo shopped her too much.

televator

She's cute but im not going to creep it up at McD's just to oogle at her. People are weird.

I would creep a McD's for dat bacon club tho.

akira28

The lolita references are regarding this older uniform she used to wear

1387902825-4146049932.jpg

This is what happens when you half ass your 'articles' that are really just a paragraph, link and some pics of those crazy asians

oh. ohh. I fully approve. she doesn't look like a child there.

nib95

Banned
She's pretty cute, but I can't say I find her stunning or super attractive or anything. Looks far too young for my tastes. Bit creepy people are flocking to the store just to see her tbh.

It's too bad she can't meet western beauty standards. How shameful.
/s

I don't think the number of people showing up to take pictures of her is cool, though, especially if it's causing problems for her or the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom