• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men are flocking to a McDonald's in Taiwan to ogle a female employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thought experiment , if you saw her picture outside of the context of this article, what would you guess her age to be?

Umm...do you know how many asian girls look younger than they are? Hell, just asians in general? I'm 24 but I look like I'm 14. So accounting for the fact that she is Asian, you could easily add another decade to what her appeared age might be and you'll get something closer to her actual age.

Kyou

ej4iQ.gif

Thanks for the laughs guys!

Dude, it's fine. I'd totally be wary due to the influence of media and lack of knowledge, too. I'd probably just be like "WELP SHE LOOKS TOO YOUNG ABORT ABORT". But I recognize my ignorance as such instead of backpedaling and pointing fingers.

No need to keep hiding behind a holier than thou veil. That's more towards other people and not just you.

Umm...do you know how many asian girls look younger than they are? Hell, just asians in general? I'm 24 but I look like I'm 14. So accounting for the fact that she is Asian, you could easily add another decade to what her appeared age might be and you'll get something closer to her actual age.
Yeah, that fetish is all about milfs in school outfits...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

That's what I'd say.

If I had to guess her age I'd say: "she's Asian, you can't guess her age".

Iph

Banned
Better than the sons of electrician's actively participating in the sexual abuse and predation of children and underaged women, unpunished.

Must suck to be an attractive Asian woman only to people tell you that you look like a child and the only men who would be attracted to you must be pedophiles. This thread sure has a lot of stupid comments.

Yeah, she's almost like a version of those Dead or Alive characters where it's a child's face sown on to a women's body.

Idk guys. Her face looks too slim to be 10 years old. She has no baby fat. I'd put her in her late teens/early 20s if I was passing her in the street. She also looks like she's wearing those circle lenses, which I don't personally mind, but there's a point where it becomes too obvious. And I don't expect 10 year olds to be wearing them lol

Dude, it's fine. I'd totally be wary due to the influence of media and lack of knowledge, too. I'd probably just be like "WELP SHE LOOKS TOO YOUNG ABORT ABORT". But I recognize my ignorance as such instead of backpedaling and pointing fingers.

No need to keep hiding behind a holier than thou veil. That's more towards other people and not just you.

I'm in no way backpedaling.

You can't paint this as exclusively an eastern vs. western perceptions thing when clearly a load of people from her country are into her because of the unambiguous reason of how young she looks.

You can't paint this as exclusively an eastern vs. western perceptions thing when clearly a load of people from her country are into her because of the unambiguous reason of how young she looks.

That's cherrypicking what I've said in my post. I suggest you read over them again.

You are right, though. You aren't backpedaling. Just digging a deeper hole.

rtcn63

Maybe it's more due to her resembling a robot/doll/anime character?

The first pic made her look like a fucking robot, in the rest she's looks pretty cute.

but still, don't stalk her at work for the love of everything.

That's cherrypicking what I've said in my post. I suggest you read over them again.

You are right, though. You aren't backpedaling. Just digging a deeper hole.

You implied I was ignorant of how Asian women looked and I replied that actual people from Asia are calling her things like Lolita.

If I'm missing something, please articulate it.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Female employees are required to wear short skirts, and heels? Jesus, why would any woman work there? Standing all day in sneakers is hard enough, but I can't imagine standing around all day in those.

It means she has some type of management responsibility.

injurai

Banned
No.. I'm pretty sure I made the point I was trying to make.

tis a silly point though.

people have been attracted to youthful looks for ages.

a 60 year old millionaire going for a 20 year old eye candy isn't some mysterious aspect of humanity.

i really hope this isn't turning into a typical "anime gaf ugh" knee jerk reaction cause AN ADULT person looks youthful but SOMEHOW its bad to be attracted to them for their physical attributes.

taking pics and stuff is creeper status yah, but being attracted to her physical featuresis bad because of their own hangups? eehh....getting close to body shaming bruh

He was making the point that they don't know the connotations behind the term Lolita when they use it. Which whether they are aware or not (and obviously there legal age is 12), you can't just expect other people to divorce the term lolita from that of 12 year old girls. So yeah, arguing "but but but It's a fashion trend." is entirely missing the point that when using the word without also leveraging the "12 year old prepubescent connotation" is indeed not knowing what it means to use the term.

And you RockTurtle, not sure if you just weren't following the thread of the argument, but you're really projecting on a tangent there for something that wasn't being said.

diamount

Banned
Whatever. She's cute-ish, her looks are apparently in demand and something tells me she won't need to be working at McDonald's much longer. She'll scoop up some rich guy and use her new fame to make a great living as a weatherperson, actress, or something.

I will refrain my disgust for people actually acting like pedos around an underage person. Of which sadly, there are way too many out there.

BTW - I love the quote of the manager. Basically said he's upset at the ones not buying. He's perfectly okay using her sexuality to sell, he's just mad some of her "followers" aren't buying. Sounds like a pimp.

She's been known for 5 years, very doubtful she will become more 'known' than she already is. Regarldess, the whole doll-thing is followed by a lot of women in asia it seems,

She's been known for 5 years, very doubtful she will become more 'known' than she already is. Regarldess, the whole doll-thing is followed by a lot of women in asia it seems,

Never understood that. I think it looks really creepy, using some special contacts and using make-up to make themselves look like that, but if they like it, its okay.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wonder what people in this thread would think of Boram from T-ara. She looks 14 and 50 at the same time. It's crazy.

The Doll "look" is something created through plastic surgery/makeup etc., Asian women may look young for their age but looking that young takes some effort.

You implied I was ignorant of how Asian women looked and I replied that actual people from Asia are calling her things like Lolita.

If I'm missing something, please articulate it.

I don't see why I should have to when I, and many others, have done so already,but for you? Anything.

See, you've made a few choice errors in your judgement.

1. Saying "people from Asia are calling her lolita" is actually wrong. It's a subset of creepy dudes. In fact, if you went to Asia, I'm sure they'd know her age outright instead of being baffled by her looks because it's a normality there.

- In the same way, you could apply some people from other countries calling younger popstars "hot schoolgirls" because of their looks and wouldn't assume that to be the pure basis of their attraction because it's not different for you. On that point...

2. Attraction isn't the same from person to person. If a creepy subset of dudes is calling her hot because of her youth appearance reminds them of younger girls, that's on them. Other people call find her cute and attractive without attributing child-like features (or in your case, insecurities!) to her looks.

- This is where the guy who talks about his girlfriend looking younger should be an issue for people here, because it must mean he's a pedo due to her youthful appear, right?

3. Your thought experience, while cute, did the opposite of what you intended it to do. People who live in China responded, people who didn't responded, and even I responded with my own personal insecurities. We differ, though, because I recognize it, but you just don't seem to wanna fix that.

So, that's about as much as I can dumb that down. Nobody is saying those creepy dudes should be attributing her looks to that of a child. Nobody is siding with them. In fact, numerous times, people have explained that she doesn't even look like a 10-year-old girl to you, and that the mere thought of doing so to her and younger looking Asian women is borderline racism.

But hey, here we are.

if she doesn't care why should you?

Because just look at her-- she's too dumb to understand she's being objectified and needs ME to save her from these asshole sexist sex freaks. She probably doesn't realize that they are just thinking about how "hot" she is and how they just want to "fuck" her and it would be terrible if she ever found out. It disgusts me how a woman can't just dress up for...well, some woman reason I don't understand, but you know she should just be able to do it without being about "looking hot" like all guys seem to think women dress up for. Why can't men just respect the artfulness of beauty? The purity of this gorgeous woman's soul? I just look at her and see someone I could go see Inside Out with and then maybe shake hands with and part ways after some dessert at Applebee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom