• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Rookje

Eck, I always thought that was just loads of pomade.

I'll try this for a couple weeks maybe, but I still don't think it is a sanitary idea.
That's honestly around 5+ products, probably 45 minutes of work for 1-2 professionals. Plus professional lighting and photographer.

Nine times out of ten he wears a hat in candids. And when he doesn't, it looks like this:

candids-robert-pattinson-8302649-666-1000.jpg

or this:

rob-on-holly-stephens-saturday-showdown-25-mar-2006.jpg

I can believe he doesn't wash it, it does look greasy. But when it's professionally styled it does add a lot of luster and body you wouldn't normally have if he washed it all the time.

Alright guys, my hair is about 4 1/2 inches long on the top, probably about 2 inches on the side, and is wavy, with slight curls on the sides. What should I do?

Alright guys, my hair is about 4 1/2 inches long on the top, probably about 2 inches on the side, and is wavy, with slight curls on the sides. What should I do?

When I get like that I enjoy an off center part and then accentuate the waves.

I think mine is a little bit longer here but that's the gist.

edit: also the curls at the sides are awesome, try twisting them into your fingers and see how it looks with your face shape.

Boken

Banned
Dear team,

My annoying as hair beats out clay and hair spray together.

Is there anything better? Am I doing it wrong? Which pomade has the best hold?

Rehynn

I don't see the appeal in pomade. It's sticky and hard to wash out. Never looked good for me but I guess some other people could pull it off.

Water-based pomades wash out just like gel, and I wouldn't even characterize them as sticky. The look is subjective, I personally love the slick, shiny look.

Servbot24

Banned
Have any of you guys used Rogaine? My family has a long tradition of bald men, I'm going to see if I can break that tradition. Currently using Rogaine, thickening shampoo, and taking lots of vitamins, calcium and biotin

Have any of you guys used Rogaine? My family has a long tradition of bald men, I'm going to see if I can break that tradition. Currently using Rogaine, thickening shampoo, and taking lots of vitamins, calcium and biotin

I seriously just bought Rogain (well the equate kind) yesterday. I'm 24 but it feels and looks like my is getting thinner by the minute. I want to stop it before it gets bad.

Damn was that guy from Mad Men's hairline always this bad?

tumblr_mo5ykljseb1rer5yko3_500.gif
Since S5, the actor's shaved back his natural hairline to convey the character's professional and personal stress. It looks more hilariously exaggerated with each passing episode.

Dat dedication to the craft, though.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

I don't know why, but thinking about him shaving it for the show just makes me cringe so hard. I saw a picture floating around of his hairline stubble at its normal height.

Dat dedication, but man I would never do that.

Rehynn

tumblr_mo5ykljseb1rer5yko3_500.gif

meanwhile the perfect hairline.

MV5BNDQ2MDA1NzIwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA5MjQ1Nw@@._V1._SX640_SY884_.jpg

WTF... I'm only halfway into season 2 of the show. Didn't expect Campbell to look like that in later seasons.

Yeah my hairline receded seemingly beyond repair, until I started using Dr. Bronner's magic soap. Now it is back to the perfect height above my eyebrows.

It's pretty awesome that that stuff actually works.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
No it really just beats other shampoos by not removing as much of the oils, at least from what I have seen.

What exactly is this? I just checked out the website and they don't seem to sell any shampoos. Which product exactly do you use? My hairline isn't receding but if what you say is true then there's no harm in trying it out.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
What exactly is this? I just checked out the website and they don't seem to sell any shampoos. Which product exactly do you use? My hairline isn't receding but if what you say is true then there's no harm in trying it out.

I was just joking with him.

Bronner's magic soap is an 18 in one. You can wash most things from your hair, to your floors. It's organic and uses hemp seed oil. So far I have have used it as shampoo, face wash, body wash, and a cleaner for plastic products. As a face wash it has been incredible good. I have also enjoyed it as a shampoo, just because it doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and fluffy.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was just joking with him.

Bronner's magic soap is an 18 in one. You can wash most things from your hair, to your floors. It's organic and uses hemp seed oil. So far I have have used it as shampoo, face wash, body wash, and a cleaner for plastic products. As a face wash it has been incredible good. I have also enjoyed it as a shampoo, just because it doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and fluffy.

Haha OK, I was gonna say that stuff sounds incredible if it reversed your receding hairline.

Anyway I might check it out sometime down the line.

Tawpgun

Alright, I need some help. I've never really liked my hair, but its only been getting worse. My hairline blows and I'm starting to thin/lose some, especially along the sides/temple region.

I have thick, curly hair and feel like I can't do anything with it. Is there anyway I can make it look decent?

This is how I normally have it. I usually don't do much to my hair. Just kinda put it down. Low maintenance.
QB8RqD0.jpg

This is just to get an idea of what the hairline is.
V3W4Yai.jpg

freshair

Anyone have recommendations for low shine, high/firm hold product?

I'm currently using a mixture of Baxter Clay and American Crew Fiber. There's a few strands (held together with product) of my hair in the front that doesn't adhere to the rest of the hair and kind of dangles down on my forehead.

I've tried finishing it off with hairspray and a blowdryer as well, but nothing. I might just cut those strand short as a last ditch effort.

What's the best place to get Hanz De Fuko stuff? I got the quicksand one last time from Amazon, but it looks like its not on there anymore.

What's the best place to get Hanz De Fuko stuff? I got the quicksand one last time from Amazon, but it looks like its not on there anymore.

The only place ive seen it is on this hair product site that comes up if you google it. Think its like £23 a go though.

That feel when the barber isnt your usual one and your desprate enough to chance it.

Didnt really listen to what I said and talked about how shitty his life was rather than spending time sorting it out.

Feel like I need it recut and its only been a week...whats annoying is there are 4 guys there.
One is my usual guy hes knows whats up, stays open longer to cut my hair and is pretty chill, then another who is really good but hard to talk with to pass the time then the owner whos abit of a dick but cuts well and last is the dude who cut my hair. Not that great but is ok to chat with..

kaskade

I just bought it off their site. Not sure if the code works but DATV gave me 15% off. They also send a sample of one of their other products to try.

I just bought it off their site. Not sure if the code works but DATV gave me 15% off. They also send a sample of one of their other products to try.

Sweet, thanks. Looks like I get to save on shipping. I think I'm going to give the sponge wax a try this time too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
whats the point where you guys realize "now is the time for a haircut".

I wish I could afford regular trimmings, but I can't so I have to wait for the back bottom portion of my hair and the sides to start "pillowing" as my stylists have used that term before.

That's when I know it is time for a haircut.

Kraftwerk

Going to go for a cut tomorrow. Now that I have started growing a beard, I can play with more styles i.e more experimental. Going to google some pictures to take with me.

Or I could wait and just let it grow to something like this;

Going to go for a cut tomorrow. Now that I have started growing a beard, I can play with more styles i.e more experimental. Going to google some pictures to take with me.

Or I could wait and just let it grow to something like this;

Something tells me that style only looks good on him.

Kraftwerk

Something tells me that style only looks good on him.

True, but I have had long hair before. I can pull it off, and It will be even more glorious with a beard. But too much maintenance for me. I am still going for a cut tomorrow. I will probably experiment with the longer style this winter.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It probably helps that his hair is thick and straight. That's how he gets those layers of long strands of hair. If it was wavy or thin, that wouldn't work out too well.

Top Bottom