• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

I'm running out of hair product. Now to decide what I should try next. Anyone have anything they've been liking?

I want to see a pic when it's done though!

You're lucky you can get a cut by him. I'd love to get one. Seems like a genuinely cool dude as well.

Eh just realized how low my funds are and that I'm out of product.... I think I'll just stop in tomorrow and get some more clay

Jzero

My hair is so thick that even the American Crew pomade i bought barely works haha I have to put a lot of it for it to work and stay on my hair all day. Sucks i'm too broke to keep buying it often.

Rehynn

My hair is so thick that even the American Crew pomade i bought barely works haha I have to put a lot of it for it to work and stay on my hair all day. Sucks i'm too broke to keep buying it often.

It's probably not the right product for your hair then. Are you looking for hold or texture / sheen?

Neymar does it better. It could have worked if the guy wasn't a total dork and heavily balding.

Neymar.jpg

Shining

I'm currently rocking this hairdo and i love it. My question for you long haired people is: how do you handle your nape hair? You know, that irritating shorter hair at the base of your neck that just won't grow any longer than a few inches. Currently i'm using hairpins but am thinking about cutting it off. Bad idea?

Rookje

I'm currently rocking this hairdo and i love it. My question for you long haired people is: how do you handle your nape hair? You know, that irritating shorter hair at the base of your neck that just won't grow any longer than a few inches. Currently i'm using hairpins but am thinking about cutting it off. Bad idea?

I had a hairbun a few months ago. Cut it for the summer though, but I miss it :(

IMO just rock it as is.

kaskade

Got my clay pomade in. I think I'm just going to wait until thursday when I get my cut to use it. My hair is a little unruly right now. Comes in a glass jar though. High society.

Anyway, I'm thinking of going with a one on the sides. Usually I get a 2 but I don't know if it'll look too short. Probably go a but shorter on the top as well. My hair is pretty unruly when it gets longer.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
My hair doesn't like being grown out into a mane as beautiful as Horse Det or Rehynn's, but at least I got a cut today that I'm happy with.

tumblr_mpowtj5yvH1qjbrwqo1_1280.jpg

stupid gigantic ears ;__;

Your hair looks great man. I wish I had the balls to do something like that.

My hair doesn't like being grown out into a mane as beautiful as Horse Det or Rehynn's, but at least I got a cut today that I'm happy with.

looking good man!

#teambigears

Rehynn

That's a very nice cut, and there's nothing wrong with the ears. And believe me, the "mane" really can be a bitch.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I mean, yeah, the guy cutting my hair found a frightened miniature Schnauzer that had gotten disoriented and tangled in my hair at least two weeks ago. That li'l fella was lucky to be alive!

stn

Thick is good. I have literally the finest hair in the world. Its so soft and shines naturally all the time (unless greasy). Women may want to run their hands through it all day but its the absolute worst for styling.

I can either cut it really short and get a bit of volume (current) or it just grows into what Justin Bieber used to have. No other options.

balddemon

Banned
I have thick hair as well, any suggestions for what to style it with? and how? I'm currently using American Crew's Fiber (the blue container) which is okay- good hold at least. I might try their other kind, but just looking for suggestions.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I have thick hair as well, any suggestions for what to style it with? and how? I'm currently using American Crew's Fiber (the blue container) which is okay- good hold at least. I might try their other kind, but just looking for suggestions.

Having tried quite a few low- and mid-range products, I've been most consistently happy with Gatsby Spiky Edge (the pink one) for when my hair is short and Gatsby Air Rise (green) for when it's grown out longer.

Pomades can work in super thick hair -- guy used it on mine yesterday after the cut -- but I'm personally just not a fan of the shiny/wet look. I have extremely oily skin, so it tends to add to the visual effect that I've always just stepped out of the pool or something. :\

Pocks

It's been 7 weeks since my last cut, and you can really tell haha. I want to cut it short for summer, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye. So instead I do nothing, and I end up with my longest hair and my longest beard — in the summer.
KuGsj.gif

I just need to find a way to embrace the waves. I'm thinking I'll just throw some anti-frizz in there, maybe trim the sides and back, and rock it.

maxxpower

It's been 7 weeks since my last cut, and you can really tell haha. I want to cut it short for summer, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye. So instead I do nothing, and I end up with my longest hair and my longest beard — in the summer.
KuGsj.gif

I just need to find a way to embrace the waves. I'm thinking I'll just throw some anti-frizz in there, maybe trim the sides and back, and rock it.

I wish I was a beautiful man like you so I could pull off that hairstyle.

Rehynn

Yeah, find a way to get rid of the frizz, but cutting it short is no longer an option, what you have going on now looks too awesome for that.

My hair basically looks like that with three exceptions:

1- My hair is not highlighted like that. Is your hair naturally highlighted, or did you dye it?

2- My hair is curlier.

3- I have a weird hairline

Also, anybody know hot to make my hair not frizzy?

Apologies if this post makes no sense, I've basically not slept for two days.

Pocks

My hair basically looks like that with three exceptions:

1- My hair is not highlighted like that. Is your hair naturally highlighted, or did you dye it?

2- My hair is curlier.

3- I have a weird hairline

Also, anybody know hot to make my hair not frizzy?

Apologies if this post makes no sense, I've basically not slept for two days.

They are natural highlights. I also didn't have any product in my hair for that picture, I just ran my fingers through it for some light moulding after I woke up.

I second the frizz comment. I prefer something that will keep the hair light and fluffy, but I understand that might not really be possible.

Rehynn

I second the frizz comment. I prefer something that will keep the hair light and fluffy, but I understand that might not really be possible.

Some people here have posted products that can help eliminate frizz, so try searching/reading through the thread.

Jojoba shampoo + conditioner for dry hair worked quite well for me but nowadays I only use the latter and get even better results. Getting a better blowdryer (and learning how to blowdry your hair for the desired effect) or not blowdrying your hair at all might work too.

Tom_Cody

I still have the disconnected short back and sides. It has been hot as hell in NYC so I decided to fade the sides.

The side view probably provides a better view of how short it is.

This haircut has become almost ubiquitous is my neighborhood so I have been strongly thinking of changing styles. Lacking a better idea though I keep getting it cut like this. That, and also that my girlfriend likes it.

I still have the disconnected short back and sides. It has been hot as hell in NYC so I decided to fade the sides.

This haircut has become almost ubiquitous is my neighborhood so I have been strongly thinking of changing styles. Lacking a better idea though I keep getting it cut like this. That, and also that my girlfriend likes it.

Haha I was thinking the same thing the other day but I couldn't think of an alternative.

kaskade

Pretty much have exactly the same one. I'm in a small town so mine is still hip, happening, and cool. In all seriousness though, people do compliment it. I've never really gotten compliments about my hair before I went to this style.

I went shorter on the sides this time though. Usually go with a 2 but went for a 1. I figure there's the heat, and it'll stay nicer longer. I almost just want to buzz the sides myself but I'd probably fuck it up somehow.

Oh yeah, I got a 1.5 and its was perfect! I was told for the longest time that 1/5 did not exist. Matchs the "4" on the beard trimer I have so its nice an even.

Do you go to a salon?

I used to for a long time, guy was adamant it was 1 or 2, no in between even though there is a huge leap.

Never really thought about it after that as I stuck to 2, then tried 1 and didnt like it and it wasnt till last week did I actually bother to ask at my barbers (indecently the two best guys have left for the summer and it was a new not so good guy).

Hate having to find a new place to go, such a risk and nearly everywhere around me is either a saloon or super value shit haricuts :(

CFMOORE!

i wanna thank whichever LA gaffer mentioned Baxter Finley many pages back. I went today and got a really awesome haircut that they tailored to my needs as someone with thinning hair and shitty hairline.

Top Bottom