• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
He's scared. :messenger_sunglasses:

BfCacKM.jpg

Halo 2 just isn't designed as well. It's the only game I would never replay on legendary, because it just isn't fun like that. The one-hit snipers alone...

Lmao at the staircase, though. I was surprised a few months ago to find out that it was still a nightmare after 20 years. I don't think it's even possible to get through it without some amount of cheese.

I also completely agree on the art style. I did the 343 version once, and I'll never go back again. It was okay, other than completely ruining the intro of the Flood, and it was cool to see it with (sort of modern) tech. It's just that Bungie's version is so much more artistically interesting, that it actually kind of affects enjoyment of the game itself. Things look so much more mysterious, ancient, cool, or better fit whatever tone the mission is going for.

Was just doing the third level where you save Keyes and the beginning in the desert I actually might prefer the new visuals, the problem is they are more bright, the old version is a darker game with more atmosphere I feel. Sometimes the new stuff is just a little too busy, so I kinda switch around between them as I go. It's amazing to me how much fun the game still is 20 years on, though. I'm currently co-oping it Legendary with a friend who never played a Halo game in his life and our plan is to do the entire franchise via MCC (which means waiting for certain entries).

Birdo

Banned
I still don’t understand what gamergate is

The timeline from my own sideline observations during that time:

1. Female developer shags journos for high review score.
2. Public find out through a disgruntled ex.
3. Journos band together by posting articles about gamers being evil and "Dead" (All on the same day lol).
4. Gamers get angry about the media clique calling them dead.
5. Meme war.
6. Journos create narrative that they are victims of harassment.
7. Some women use this narrative to make a living from simp donations.
8. Neogaf staff take the side of journos and mass ban anyone who doesn't fall in line with these women.
9. #MeToo and #BelieveWomen slowly forms.
10. Owner of Neogaf accused of harassment without evidence.
11. Simp Neogaf staff Believe Women and leave to create their own private hell hole.
12. There still isn't a Dreamcast 2.

Does neogaf have communities on like steam and stuff you know how there's steam groups. Also on PS4 I know there's a community section I used to use it for destiny fireteam building. Or even just a thread for posting all your user names that you use across different gaming platforms? If we could have signatures at the bottom of our posts I would totally put all that information there.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I like the colour and verdana is the only font i like from the selection; unfortunately, for some reason the font kicks the font size up a notch and kills the effect. Are there guidelines against it?
He's prob just being nice about it but shit is annoying to read. But no, not against the rules at all. :)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Does neogaf have communities on like steam and stuff you know how there's steam groups. Also on PS4 I know there's a community section I used to use it for destiny fireteam building. Or even just a thread for posting all your user names that you use across different gaming platforms? If we could have signatures at the bottom of our posts I would totally put all that information there.

8bsYt3T.jpg

Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese and I did some Discord chat and PSN chat awhile back. I think Melon Melon was there.

There's a PSN group that barely gets used.

I think there was some headway on a steam group but to be honest I dunno.

With stuff locked down, some kind of Official quote-unquote GAF matchmaking Thing. There is a matchmaking channel on the Discord but again, not used all that much last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom