• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
See above.. maybe you did and forgot?
Nah never got a text message. Prob because I have my google acc linked? My settings don't even look like yours.

lb7D6mR.jpg

I'm thinking they are just using my gmail info. Channel is old as fuck though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Protip to beating this game

(The hardest thing is playing this thing without the undub holy shit those voices, also getting to people before demons kill them)

I beat the 3DS "ultimate" edition so that included an extra chapter. It was very tough but I'm not sure if it was toned down compared to the DS ver. Yeah that dub was something special.

Haven't tried the second one but I own it on 3DS as well. Any good in your opinion?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I beat the 3DS "ultimate" edition so that included an extra chapter. It was very tough but I'm not sure if it was toned down compared to the DS ver. Yeah that dub was something special.

Haven't tried the second one but I own it on 3DS as well. Any good in your opinion?
That's a screenshot from overclocked though. Holy dance makes bosses a joke but getting there can be annoying. It is definitely more of a challenge than the other SMT games for sure.

The second one is very Evangelion inspired, the cast is mostly forgettable and I think it is easier as well. Play Stella Glow instead. While slower and easier it has a better cast and it is actually closer to being a SMT game if anything. (get the undub if possible, Atlus games have terrible dubs, I'm assuming you have a modded 3ds or are playing on a emulator though. )

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Nah I have a vanilla 3DS but I want to get one, jailbreak it, and then I can play Dragon Quest Theaterrhythm.

I've played Stella Glow. Kinda bounced off of it due to the pace. I literally just skip through the Disgaea dialogue (my main squeeze in the SRPG genre) so unless the story is actually really good I skip past it. It's not even a value judgment against the game. I'll still happily play a good SRPG But Stella Glow was too slow. Nothing against the game. I'm sure it has charm.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nah I have a vanilla 3DS but I want to get one, jailbreak it, and then I can play Dragon Quest Theaterrhythm.

I've played Stella Glow. Kinda bounced off of it due to the pace. I literally just skip through the Disgaea dialogue (my main squeeze in the SRPG genre) so unless the story is actually really good I skip past it. It's not even a value judgment against the game. I'll still happily play a good SRPG But Stella Glow was too slow. Nothing against the game. I'm sure it has charm.
Yeah that was my main complaint outside the dub. How slow the gameplay was. Modding your 3ds lets you play all those unstranslated games you have, dlc no longer available ect. I'd advise getting the N3ds if you want to play your snes games properly though. I think the og 3ds has problems with that.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Sorry I meant "vanilla" as in "not modded". We have an assortment of N3DS, 2DS, N3DS XL, etc in the house.

Gonna probably pick up one of the smaller N3DS with interchangable plates and hack that one.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry I meant "vanilla" as in "not modded". We have an assortment of N3DS, 2DS, N3DS XL, etc in the house.

Gonna probably pick up one of the smaller N3DS with interchangable plates and hack that one.
I have one of those as well. My circlepad's plastic wore out, wish it was made with better quality. I never even played any games that would make it come apart either. Even so, I wonder why they killed off the N3d in NA though, people liked the customizable aspect of it. Has the best buttons of all 3ds as well.

Top Bottom