• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

nush

I ate Chinese food on the Fourth of July. No ragrets it was homemade and delicious.

Well, technically it was Singaporean food, I guess.

Happy birfday, 'Murica.
AlexCrispyHamsterFood_2Sizes_-2_2400x2400.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I had a glorious time camping this weekend. One day was kind of shit weather but it was with good friends so weather doesn't really hurt the experience. I should have taken more photos but I honestly tried to avoid playing on my phone the entire time.

We have been getting the same spot now for a few years, which is nice and secluded enough for privacy & music. Still close enough to the water that hauling our kayaks and gear around isn't an issue. Interestingly, we heard that some of the RV campers were commenting that the tent campers get way more room than the RV/electric spots. I suppose this is one of the few upsides to the number of tent camping spots shrinking these days. I get the RV thing when you're old, but I see so many young couples RV camping for no real reason. Also, people driving atvs and utvs to drop off their waste instead of walking bums me out. Like, you're outdoors, fucking walk people!

Anyway, good times and I am glad we make this excursion each year.

LpWVqy9.jpg

gxLPcyg.jpg

yk01lq2.jpg

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I actually don’t mind the bad weather days camping, sometimes just chillin and playing board games or cards while the rain falls is a good time…freak snow storms where your wife and in laws get caught on a hike and almost get lost because the trail gets covered, not so much.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
April Fool's idea: the staff all change their names to Ree mod names and just for that day moderate like they do over there.

Everyone will be banned within twenty minutes.
Are all the bans from that day gonna be permanent or reversed the next day

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why have sircaw and dcmk7 gone? :messenger_pensive:

2 good posters man. We’ve lost some good people in the last year and a lot of the replacements act like coorperate bots.

Lady Jane

Banned
Console wars arent what they used to be like in 2020 and 2021.

They still weren't as bad as they were in the 7th gen. The Xbox vs PS was at its peak. Fun times. It was still high when the 8th gen started but I think the lack of software on both sides calmed the war down and it hasn't come back to 7th gen levels since.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
They still weren't as bad as they were in the 7th gen. The Xbox vs PS was at its peak. Fun times. It was still high when the 8th gen started but I think the lack of software on both sides calmed the war down and it hasn't come back to 7th gen levels since.

I got back into gaming with the PS3. When I went online looking for communities to discuss the hobby with I found GAF of course (if one googled "video games" back then one of the top results was GAF) and Penny Arcade. On both forums it was nearly impossible to even discuss some games without people console warring.

I remember being like "Jesus Christ I don't care if it runs at a higher resolution or whatever on 360, I think both PSN and Live are great, I just need an answer to this fucking puzzle".

Zeroing

Banned
Why have sircaw and dcmk7 gone? :messenger_pensive:

2 good posters man. We’ve lost some good people in the last year and a lot of the replacements act like coorperate bots.
I’m also thinking of going! tommib tommib also stop posting, he had good reasons. All the funny posters seems to be leaving! Gaming is becoming like a serious business :(

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Uuuuuuggggghhhhhh it sounds like my wife’s best friend and her husband are headed for divorce…she told the husband last night she was taking the kid to her sister’s and peaced out.

We found out today; I texted him then he called me as distraught as I’ve ever heard anyone. Call ended with him slamming something and I was like…holy shit. I’m driving down there immediately and hoping I don’t find a body. He was on the phone with the bank when I got there. We took some shots and talked for a while, I feel so fucking bad but also don’t want to take sides. I know there are two sides, but honestly he’s a stand up guy and has worked on whatever gripes she’s had over the years and he was feeling like he was in a good spot. They had a great vacation, great weekend and holiday then after the festivities she’s like byeee.

Fuck me. I feel so bad for him. I’m sure when my wife gets home I’ll hear the other side but I legit think she fucking blindsided him and has been planning this…goddammit.

Star-Lord

Today is a good news/bad news kinda day.

On the one hand, the police have found the guy who took my phone and wallet. They have him in custody awaiting court, but my items were nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand, the office have, for some reason, blocked only off-topic forum on NeoGAF. Everything else is good to go, but not OT.

Fuckers.

Zeroing

Banned
Let me tell you about the Age of Tesseract. A glorious time. A most assuredly based time.
So I’ve missed all the fun! I knew there here tons of gays here before… then the great battle happened and most went into exile to the other side!!! The power of the ring is just too powerful and corrupt men.

Someone needs to start making a book about this!

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Update on our friends: I fully expected to hear more from my wife about reasons for her friend to leave her husband but nah, we were talking it over and we both agree the friend is taking out whatever other issues she has on her husband, or is just done with the relationship and looking for a way out. Everything sounds like she reached a conclusion and worked her way backwards to find reasons to justify it…so my wife’s going to ask her if she wants my wife to listen or to give her feedback, and if it’s feedback she’s going to tell her she skipped some steps before drastically upending her life over stuff that can easily be worked out. And that’s one reason why I love my wife. She’s just as if not more concerned about the husband and what he’s going through right now even though the wife was her friend longer.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage and teezzy teezzy please stop fighting! If you must do it on while naked and stream it!!!

Thanks 😊
I actually like teezzy. To me, it's just banter and I assume the same is true for him. I just like to poke him when he's depressed posting on Gaf.

Well I joined the storm damage club tonight. A tree fell on my house. Water leaking in, rain all night tonight and I can't get it tarped until morning. Go buckets and towels go go go!
Dude, that sucks! Are you also in tornado alley? Hopefully there's not too much damage to the structure. Hopefully your insurance is decent too. It was interesting talking to others who got hit by the storm that rocked my house a while back. It sounds like State Farm and some others were being assholes about paying out. For example, the roofer that came yesterday told me that some insurance companies were counting the shingles damaged and only offering to replace those. I lucked out, as my insurance gave me money for the whole roof replacement. Might just be a regional thing with the adjusters being the pricks but who knows.

On the plus side, construction material costs are starting to come down. Lead times still suck but hopefully some project work gets moved around for the home repairs needed.

Today is a good news/bad news kinda day.

On the one hand, the police have found the guy who took my phone and wallet. They have him in custody awaiting court, but my items were nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand, the office have, for some reason, blocked only off-topic forum on NeoGAF. Everything else is good to go, but not OT.

Fuckers.
Damn. Were you able to get your cards and ID sorted then? Hopefully not much in cash went 'missing'.

Time to get a VPN. I caved and got one for when I'm in office or on the road.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Damn. Were you Abel to get your cards and ID sorted then? Hopefully not much in cash went 'missing'.

Time to get a VPN. I caved and got one for when I'm in office or on the road.
My bank got replacement cards to me pretty fast, given it was through a crime that I lost them. They arrived within a few days. Alas, the loose cash that was in my wallet couldn't be replaced, but there wasn't that much.

And I'd considered a VPN, but I don't want to risk pissing the company off. I've not worked there long; bypassing the filter might not go down too well.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My bank got replacement cards to me pretty fast, given it was through a crime that I lost them. They arrived within a few days. Alas, the loose cash that was in my wallet couldn't be replaced, but there wasn't that much.

And I'd considered a VPN, but I don't want to risk pissing the company off. I've not worked there long; bypassing the filter might not go down too well.
They won't really be able to tell you're connecting to a VPN. I used to be able to use my home network as a VPN but my current ISP doesn't allow that on their provided router.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

That would get you fired at my office.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nah, Tay is good. He just adapts well to each environment. He was good when he was here and is good at DPad. Not so good at REE, but that's because it''s REE.
Every time I read one of his posts, I consider if I could make a more milquetoast version of it and always come up empty. The man has no soul. No spirit. No fire. No cojones. Hopefully he never changes. The world needs people to laugh at.

That would get you fired at my office.

My work forces us to use a VPN on our laptops. I just switch on my personal one on my phone to bypass the work filter. It just means any browsing I do needs to be on personal devices.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Every time I read one of his posts, I consider if I could make a more milquetoast version of it and always come up empty. The man has no soul. No spirit. No fire. No cojones. Hopefully he never changes. The world needs people to laugh at.

My work forces us to use a VPN on our laptops. I just switch on my personal one on my phone to bypass the work filter. It just means any browsing I do needs to be on personal devices.
We have a different kind of VPN for work. But yeah, everyone basically has a cell phone these days. We're looking into prohibiting personal web browsing. Not for time wasting reasons but just security ones. So much crap on websites.

Top Bottom