• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezzy

Banned
So I am having a bowl of soup and I hand ground some black peppercorns & dried green onion in my mortar & pestle (don’t ask). I sat down and started eating the soup and was surprised at the heat. The intensity kept building. How the hell are black peppercorns this fucking hot? It took me a minute to realize I had last used the mortar & pestle to grind up some my the wife’s dried firecracker pequin peppers. 50k - 100k scoville rating.

That’s a spicy bowl of chicken & wild rice.

Lately I've been smashing this scorpion pepper sauce

81mfRbDyLBL._SL1500_.jpg

It's delicious but I was curious why it was kicking my ass so hard.

Then I checked the scoville online

Screenshot_20220710-181132_Chrome.jpg

Allegedly these scorpion peppers are just below Carolina reapers... I didn't know that upon purchase but maaaaan hahaha 😆

Great sauce though

haxan7

Banned
I bought mine to crush dried cardamom. Ended up using it for cardamom once and like twenty different things afterwards (including guac).
I forgot I actually did plan to use mine to crush up seasonings. I did that for maybe a year then stopped. I was buying those big 1 pound bags of dried rosemary, thyme, etc from amazon. I might have a few of them still.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I forgot I actually did plan to use mine to crush up seasonings. I did that for maybe a year then stopped. I was buying those big 1 pound bags of dried rosemary, thyme, etc from amazon. I might have a few of them still.

There's an Indian-owned store near me that has a spice section that is unbelievable. I'll try to get a pic of it next time I visit. But they have rack after rack of every spice one can imagine in various quantities from tiny bags to large restaurant-bulk ordinances. I have so much spice in my pantry it's silly thanks to them.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Lately I've been smashing this scorpion pepper sauce

81mfRbDyLBL._SL1500_.jpg

It's delicious but I was curious why it was kicking my ass so hard.

Then I checked the scoville online

Screenshot_20220710-181132_Chrome.jpg

Allegedly these scorpion peppers are just below Carolina reapers... I didn't know that upon purchase but maaaaan hahaha 😆

Great sauce though
Nice I'm always trying to find a really hot sauce but they aren't easy to find in France. This Carolina reaper sound so tenting, I've never tried something so high on the scoville scale... When I was a kid I used to eat fresh pilipili pepper when I helped my mother buying groceries and I loved it but they're only between 50000 and 175000 on the scale.

Peggies

Gold Member
Is anyone playing "The Dark Pictures Anthology"?

Next part will take place in HH Holmes' murder hotel. He's one of my favoutite serial killers. So excited :messenger_face_screaming:.

Peggies

Gold Member
I'm great, thanks for asking! What are you up to on this fine Tuesday morning?

I downloaded The Man From Medan when I saw it on the PlayStation Plus games catalogue, but I'm yet to play it.
Ah well you know, all the fun stuff like changing diapers, washing vomit out of my hair... sometimes I miss work :pie_thinking:.

Play it! It's really entertaining.

Star-Lord

Ah well you know, all the fun stuff like changing diapers, washing vomit out of my hair... sometimes I miss work.

Play it! It's really entertaining.
I must admit that reading stuff like that really does make me think that not being a parent is a good thing. Then again, as an only child and with both my parents being dead, it sucks to know that our family line is about to come to an end. I'd take the changing diapers and washing vomit out my hair (good luck ruining my hair, you little punk, I have none!) if it meant I'd contributed something to this world and actually achieved something in life. Instead, I'm sitting here in the office, browsing a gaming forum, waiting to go home and play videogames and eat junk food. Yay(!)

I see that TDPA is made by Supermassive, so I'm assuming it plays similar to Until Dawn?

Star-Lord

I am good, working while in the garden, feeling like a digital nomad.
See, now this is where I'm thankful for working in a cool, air-conditioned office. The UK is going through something of a heatwave at the moment, and I can't handle the heat at all. As a middle-aged, fat, bald man, it does not work for me whatsoever. I can wear shorts and light-coloured clothing all I want, but the moment I step into direct sunlight, I turn into an oversized sweaty mess.

Peggies

Gold Member
I must admit that reading stuff like that really does make me think that not being a parent is a good thing. Then again, as an only child and with both my parents being dead, it sucks to know that our family line is about to come to an end. I'd take the changing diapers and washing vomit out my hair (good luck ruining my hair, you little punk, I have none!) if it meant I'd contributed something to this world and actually achieved something in life. Instead, I'm sitting here in the office, browsing a gaming forum, waiting to go home and play videogames and eat junk food. Yay(!)

I see that TDPA is made by Supermassive, so I'm assuming it plays similar to Until Dawn?
Yeah well, being a parent is neither unconditionally great nor bad. It is what it is. But my little Dante is the nicest and funniest person I know so I'm ok with changing his shitty diapers and my hair smelling of his puke for a while.

Yes it's similat to that. Also interactive and choice based.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
See, now this is where I'm thankful for working in a cool, air-conditioned office. The UK is going through something of a heatwave at the moment, and I can't handle the heat at all. As a middle-aged, fat, bald man, it does not work for me whatsoever. I can wear shorts and light-coloured clothing all I want, but the moment I step into direct sunlight, I turn into an oversized sweaty mess.
Oh well, here is not that hot anymore, I just felt like being in tune with nature... I think I can handle heat very well, cold not so much. I would freeze to death.

It is a great day today.

"also my dog step on a bee..."

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I can't even stand travelling to Europe in the Summer anymore. I'm used to live at 16C. Even 20C is hot for me.

Star-Lord

Yeah well, being a parent is neither unconditionally great nor bad. It is what it is. But my little Dante is the nicest and funniest person I know so I'm ok with changing his shitty diapers and my hair smelling of his puke for a while.
I didn't mean to offend you.

Artoris

Gold Member
Oh well, here is not that hot anymore, I just felt like being in tune with nature... I think I can handle heat very well, cold not so much. I would freeze to death.

It is a great day today.

That sounds very gay

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Kids are both complete fucking pains in the ass and one of the only things that provides me continued joy and motivation to be better every day. Lots of sleepless nights and whining and poop to deal with, but the first time they say “dada” or “I love you daddy…”…it’s been worth it.
Yep. You don't know what love really is until you have a child. You may love your partner but it's not the same. You can live without them. I can't imagine living without my kid.

Lady Jane

Banned
Has anyone done one of those 23 and me tests? Or something similar? I see they're on sale for prime day.

Mine was hilariously wrong. My parents and entire blood family are Polish and I'm the first to be born outside of Europe. 23 and me claimed I was 39% Mexican and not a mention of Poland. My skin is as white as the paper I write on and I can't tan to save my life. My "Mexican heritage" is still a running joke with my friends. The results gave us more entertainment than we expected so I can't foul the company too much.

To their defense, they got my husband and sister right.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Has anyone done one of those 23 and me tests? Or something similar? I see they're on sale for prime day.
I wouldn't because they can sell your data. I'm surprised they even charge for it tbh.

Kids are both complete fucking pains in the ass and one of the only things that provides me continued joy and motivation to be better every day. Lots of sleepless nights and whining and poop to deal with, but the first time they say “dada” or “I love you daddy…”…it’s been worth it.
Man, skip all the urine and feces and just get you a girl with daddy issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom