• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

I wanted to punch a baby last night while putting together an Ikea bookcase. Shits infuriating. It should be simple but it never is.
My “fuck IKEA we’re never shopping there again” story is when we bought our current house, my wife got a kitchen table and chairs set online…and it shipped in 4 boxes, but we only got one and the tracking number for that one. So I had to call them and wait on hold for 2 hours to figure out where the rest of it was, as you can’t do much with just the table top. Then they sent 2 more, but not the 4th box…so another 90 minutes on hold to get the final box a week later…

Aaaaand wife thought it was too small once I got it together. We put up with it for a couple years then got another set, local store, paid for it to be delivered and the delivery guy goes “do you want all this assembled?”

Fuckin yes I do, I didn’t go to IKEA for a reason homey get that drill out

Lady Jane

Banned
Lord almighty am I glad we moved away from the same city as my husband's family. His sister has three kids so that's three birthday parties to attend plus buying presents. She's now started doing "half-age" birthday parties FOR EACH KID. She sent a group text pressuring everyone to attend with a gift registry lol. Get bent

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Lord almighty am I glad we moved away from the same city as my husband's family. His sister has three kids so that's three birthday parties to attend plus buying presents. She's now started doing "half-age" birthday parties FOR EACH KID. She sent a group text pressuring everyone to attend with a gift registry lol. Get bent
Sounds like your SIL and my SIL should be BFF. Except mine has 4 and does just as much stupid shit…I did get to opt out of the baptism this weekend in favor of taking the older kiddo to a birthday party tho…

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
47a8fuupuoa91.jpg

Thaedolus

How was your weekend everyone? I've been feeling a bit depressed lately. Seems everyday is the same and will be until I die and I hate it.

lfxZKak.jpg
I just spent 20 minutes looking for my work computer only to find it when I sat on my office chair…fuckin black on black, it hid itself there from me on purpose!!

Oh well, after all that now I need a break:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I just spent 20 minutes looking for my work computer only to find it when I sat on my office chair…fuckin black on black, it hid itself there from me on purpose!!

Oh well, after all that now I need a break:

I actually watch these old commercials haha. Did yesterday. Amazing how many products are not available or stores closed now.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Come to the US and help me with my various house projects. I hate that shit.
I would probably switch to be a contractor if I could but I'm relatively close to retirement with a 70% defined pension plan. That's why I don't change jobs really, plus it pays well for only 35h a week. You should post pics about your endeavour.

Thaedolus

I’ve got the boomerest of boomers fucking my shit up today fam, I swear to god submitting to a regulatory body is like playing roulette…some people are totally chill and have a modicum of intelligence and understanding, others need their face rubbed into everything.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I would probably switch to be a contractor if I could but I'm relatively close to retirement with a 70% defined pension plan. That's why I don't change jobs really, plus it pays well for only 35h a week. You should post pics about your endeavour.
I would not want to publicly embarrass myself. My handyman skills are sufficient but definitely not contractor-grade.

We want to tear out our back porch but that won't happen until next year. I'd like to find a metal or some alternative step system as the current one really needs to go. I'd just do it all this year but the wife is installing a green house in a few weeks. Plus all the roof repairs in a. few weeks.

I'll need to redo the ceiling from the water damage so I am debating on just replacing all the dry wall. We Will also need to replace the siding and windows next year. And lots of landscaping changes.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So I am having a bowl of soup and I hand ground some black peppercorns & dried green onion in my mortar & pestle (don’t ask). I sat down and started eating the soup and was surprised at the heat. The intensity kept building. How the hell are black peppercorns this fucking hot? It took me a minute to realize I had last used the mortar & pestle to grind up some my the wife’s dried firecracker pequin peppers. 50k - 100k scoville rating.

That’s a spicy bowl of chicken & wild rice.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
So I am having a bowl of soup and I hand ground some black peppercorns & dried green onion in my mortar & pestle (don’t ask). I sat down and started eating the soup and was surprised at the heat. The intensity kept building. How the hell are black peppercorns this fucking hot? It took me a minute to realize I had last used the mortar & pestle to grind up some my the wife’s dried firecracker pequin peppers. 50k - 100k scoville rating.

I bet there's some kind of chemical reaction when the peppercorns are crushed.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This was beyond that. I normally use a grinder for the pepper but since I had the green onion to grind, I needed something to help out. I think the time before I ground up something like 15 of those firecracker peppers. The heat was on par with those.

I do enjoy the smell of fresh cracked pepper.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
No, just using the wring pepper.
This was beyond that. I normally use a grinder for the pepper but since I had the green onion to grind, I needed something to help out. I think the time before I ground up something like 15 of those firecracker peppers. The heat was on par with those.

I do enjoy the smell of fresh cracked pepper.
So you used Grindr for such hot event then you had to use fresh poppers to deal with it.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned

I too own a mortar and pestle. It was purchased for preparing delicious fresh guacamole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom