• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shifty Shifty having the "Oh No It's" or "The Definitive" in light blue below his avatar is freaking me out.

Plus my OCD starts going because it's not the same shade of blue as his username.

Nymphae

Banned
Plus my OCD starts going because it's not the same shade of blue as his username.

I can't remember the name now but I just saw a user with a Snake Pliskin avatar, and he made the image of snake match the blue colour of his name, perhaps coincidental, but I noted it because it looked sweet.

Edit: It's driving me nuts I can't find this user now lol

Last edited:

Shifty

Shifty Shifty having the "Oh No It's" or "The Definitive" in light blue below his avatar is freaking me out.
Hey, that's
570613.jpg
Oh No It's Shifty
to you, buster! I'm innovating over here!

Whattt?! I checked the RGB values and everything, right down to the subtle 80% opacity.

Could you be one of those heathen light theme users with their slightly different CSS styling? :messenger_fearful:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whattt?! I checked the RGB values and everything, right down to the subtle 80% opacity.

Could you be one of those heathen light theme users with their slightly different CSS styling? :messenger_fearful:
Yep, that's it. Looks great in dark theme though lol

Shifty

I've also noticed that it varies depending on whether or not you have the Poppins font locally.

For whatever reason the actual GAF text appears bolder post-install on my machine.

Nymphae

Banned
Ok so I fucked that up and the pixels I was reading were not the same, this one I tried to get the exact same area from the H's, and it's only off by one point. So yeah I think it's merely the background contrast making the slightly thinner upper type appear a sligtly different shade.

8IkOpWX.png

This is on my screen, jshackles jshackles wow that is a lot different than mine:

j7GrdmU.png

Shifty

If he's using an 80% transparency, the blue will be altered on light and dark themes differently. Gotta test things for both themes Shifty Shifty
I did, and then decided to prioritize the superior one :messenger_halo:

Sometimes you gotta cut corners and go exclusive to hit that ship deadline. I might see about refactoring the implementation without alpha next time I fiddle with it.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I did, and then decided to prioritize the superior one :messenger_halo:

Sometimes you gotta cut corners and go exclusive to hit that ship deadline. I might see about refactoring the implementation without alpha next time I fiddle with it.

Huh, I didn't notice this until checking it just now but the blue member name is coloured differently on light and dark themes, perhaps due to a transparency being used (how did you determine this Shifty Shifty ?), which means you have to choose one or the other (you chose correct).

It would be nice if it was just the same blue, it could be.

Shifty

Huh, I didn't notice this until checking it just now but the blue member name is coloured differently on light and dark themes, perhaps due to a transparency being used (how did you determine this Shifty Shifty ?), which means you have to choose one or the other (you chose correct).

It would be nice if it was just the same blue, it could be.
You can hit F12 and inspect the styling of individual elements on the page using your browser's debugger. Or right click something and do 'Inspect Element'.

Since dark theme does the alpha trick the best compromise that could be reached without alpha would probably be incorrect on both themes :messenger_weary:

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I don't get why Off Topic shit posting has spiked recently. I see it a lot with this thread, people never used to spam this thread with nonsense, now whenever someone makes a post, there's a procession of NeoGaf OT regulars coming in here and having their way with the thread. I try not to complain about it because, for one it's a meta thread and it's meant to be about any and all things forum related, and activity ebbs and flows over time and it will probably pass. But I wish people would use the Discord if they just want to back and forth jokes dozens of times a minute. Every time I see a meta gaf notification I'm hoping for something thoughtful, and lately it's been a deluge of shit posts and in-jokes that you get swarmed for if you complain about.
Yeah, it's annoying.
MUH TAG
U R A DUM
HAHA LOLE I SHITPOSTED XDD

jshackles

Why did this thread stop talking about my A-List NeoGAF celebrity achievement?

Its important we continue discussing about it.
Well, the news cycle moved on as it tends to do. In fact

23sKbo3.png

Thank you to everyone who has reacted to me - I hope I haven't triggered you guys too much.

AbsoluteSkeletalGoose-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Nymphae

Banned
I clicked the like button on a MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima post, and then saw that Papa Papa was annoyed that MHK was trying to get cheap likes.

I was going to unlike the post by MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima before realizing how stupid I was being, and now I just feel guilty.

I have to pick a side.

Presumably you clicked it because you liked it? You feel guilty for not taking action based on Matt's opinion?

Ornlu

Banned
The Off Site thread frequently stops notifying me of new posts.

I thought it was maybe a safety feature.

TBH I think you stop getting notifications on posts if you don't click on ALL the most recent notifications for that thread. That's my guess anyway; I have a few threads that stop notifying me as well.

Top Bottom