• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear 20th Anniversary website opens

dak1dsk1

Banned
Danne-Danger said:
Considering the hate MGS3 got for the camera in "vanilla", I can't really see how they could justify putting that version in there. And if they do it for 3 they'll have to do it for 2.

Or so I hope. :p
I would totally rebuy mgs2 with mgs3:subsistence camera controls.

dak1dsk1 said:

Same. Manual camera was a godsend for me. Though MGS3 needed it a lot more than MGS2 does, because of the size of the environments.

DieH@rd

Banned
dak1dsk1 said:
Didn't MGS1 for psx have expansions discs with extra missions? Are these included in this package?

Yes, there was MGS: Intergral, but i dont know if its included here...

Integral has the VR Missions, which were released seperatly in the USA and Europe. And there is a first person mode for the MGS in Integral and if i remember correctly it has the difficulties of the european version, too.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
BigBoss said:
Translation:
I came across him in a town in the Middle East.

However prosperous it once had been, the town was now engulfed in war.

It was a pointless conflict between PMC mercenaries and local militia fighters.

War had since become a commodity in a marketplace governed by immense capital.

Amid this stood a man who fought alone and for himself.

An aged warhorse.

Solid Snake.

Formerly known as a hero who saved the world, he was now labeled a criminal who'd brought it to ruin.

Though tired of battle, he returned to the fight.

His aim was to put an end to his cursed blood.

To him, this was his atonement.

Solid Snake, senescent soldier.

What secrets lie in that blood?

Credit to Upuaut at TUS

So they blamed the Manhattan incident on Solid Snake (which would make sense considering Solidus impersonated him in MGS2).

dak1dsk1

Banned
The last week I have been playing mgs, mgs2 and mgs3:s. I need MORE, hence ordering Twin Snakes. Frankly I don't care, if people in here disapprove.

Twin Snakes is fun, but it's just an interesting aside to me. MGS1 on PS1 is what matters. personally, i felt adding MGS2 gameplay to MGS1's scenarios made it all too easy.

That 20th Anniversary into is so awesome. :D

neptunes

dak1dsk1 said:
The last week I have been playing mgs, mgs2 and mgs3:s. I need MORE, hence ordering Twin Snakes. Frankly I don't care, if people in here disapprove.
enjoy it, it's a good game

Don't pay any mind to what people here might say.

cvxfreak

dak1dsk1 said:

Twin Snakes certainly isn't a bad game, but I can see why it doesn't measure up to Kojima's actual efforts.

Since you need more MGS, TTS is really a good buy.

KTallguy

Banned
Verboten said:
I hate this, I can't stop smiling.

Verboten
Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down! Never gonna run around and desert you!
(Today, 09:38 AM)
Reply | Quote

Neither can I :lol

Yagharek

MGS4 is going to cost me $1000 (Australian). I can just tell.

I have no complaints. MGS3 is probably the best game I have ever played.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
dak1dsk1 said:
Same here. The MGS2 camera didnt bother me that much, but the camera implemented in MGS3: subsistence worked co much better than the fixed camera from MGS2.

momolicious said:
why dont konami have some MGS4 trailer countdown website up yet... this might mean we wont be able to see it

I'd like to guess it's because he realises that countdowns = your site dying for 2 hours following.

Jesus, I remember trying to view the trailer on the site last E3. People were happy they even got a loading screen for the flash.

momolicious said:
yea but i would rather have confirmation that we will get to see the dang trailer on wednsday

If it's at the conference, you'll be able to watch it. There may be an extended one to worry about, that's a whole other matter.

Baron

Are the Metal Gear games in the anniversary collection easy to play through if one can't speak/read Japanese? Is there any English in the games? I am thinking of picking this up and putting my Japanese region PS2 to good use. I've never played a Metal Gear game, though. Is this a bad idea?

KTallguy

Banned
Baron said:
Are the Metal Gear games in the anniversary collection easy to play through if one can't speak/read Japanese? Is there any English in the games? I am thinking of picking this up and putting my Japanese region PS2 to good use. I've never played a Metal Gear game, though. Is this a bad idea?

If you can't understand the game, I wouldn't play. The games are complex, and the story is good, so you don't want to skip it.

Baron

KTallguy said:
If you can't understand the game, I wouldn't play. The games are complex, and the story is good, so you don't want to skip it.

I figured as much. It's a good deal on this collection though - all those games for about $80. But if I don't understand the story, I suppose I really shouldn't bother. I'm not a giant enough Metal Gear fan that I'd want to buy the set just to have it.

Top Bottom