• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
bathroom break.. ouuuughh
jjjj.png

Dawg

You can see his freaky front face without it if you use the mod.

rsz_screen_shot_2014-12-29_at_172322-720x405.jpg

What is interesting is that Skull Face doesn't wear the mask in ground Zeroes.

You can see it here:

2500476-5281784845-IFVeN.jpg

But not here:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think he only starts wearing it after those 9 years have passed. Which means the scene from the E3 2013 trailer (with the subtext) is from a point further into the story. Maybe when he meets Big Boss again? He does tell his soldiers to point their guns down.

You can kinda see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c1a5c55-8&t=6m52s

Just before it cuts off, two of his front soldiers will put the gun down. I think he meets BB in that scene.

You can see his freaky front face without it if you use the mod.

rsz_screen_shot_2014-12-29_at_172322-720x405.jpg

What is interesting is that Skull Face doesn't wear the mask in ground Zeroes.

what's even more interesting/strange is that he has lesions or scars around he right eye and forehead (in the same area as the shrapnel) like we know VS will in TPP.

skullface is a time-traveling medic confirmed

Dawg

what's even more interesting/strange is that he has lesions or scars around he right eye and forehead (in the same area as the shrapnel) like we know VS will in TPP.

skullface is a time-traveling medic confirmed

I hate how we can't see that part of his face post-GZ, like in the trailer I linked.

Of course, maybe it's done on purpose with crazy Kojima :> When he's together with BB in the E3 2014 trailer, we don't see his face either :>

The story of the Red Ogre and Blue Ogre. There are theories that this story is related.

http://montages.blogspot.co.nz/2006/04/naita-aka-oni.html

hmmmm...is BB the red ogre? motherbase and msf was his initial "party" instead of being embraced by the world, motherbase was destroyed. I assumed earlier that he will be in good-standing with the US at the end of the game so he could start foxhound. is skullface the blue ogre?

Dawg

Going back to the horn discussion. The horn doesn't look like schrapnel. It looks different. The more I look at it, the more it looks like some crazy ass tech inside his head. Like a black crystal idk it looks strange. Definitely doesn't look like schrapnel imo.

gfSrr3i.png

Combined with this:

B7PEDAWCIAAK9nH.jpg

And the bandages once he escapes...

Naw, every day I get the feeling that horn has been surgically implanted. People said the lack of schrapnel in the GDC trailer was because it's a work in progress... but this is Kojima. He's a perfectionist. Seems to me like there was a reason he'd show that particular scene. Could be wrong tho.

brau

I'm definitely getting the CE. It'll be my first CE and I'm expecting the robot arm to come with it.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I would love the robot arm in the CE. It's definitely better than some of those figurines they have been showing.

I'll get it digital, and the CE. It's gonna be epic when it happens.

JayEH

I'll be so pissed if Big Boss' reason for turning evil isn't because of his actions. Don't do this Kojima. I know you like the character a lot and want to have justifications for his actions but...not like this please.

brau

I'll be so pissed if Big Boss' reason for turning evil isn't because of his actions. Don't do this Kojima. I know you like the character a lot and want to have justifications for his actions but...not like this please.

what else could it be? i think in most games they always described BB as someone who was turned to worse by his actions and view. I would hope that Kojima stay true to this. Anything else would not really make much sense.

what else could it be? i think in most games they always described BB as someone who was turned to worse by his actions and view. I would hope that Kojima stay true to this. Anything else would not really make much sense.

there are ways to rationalize BBs actions and make him a more sympathetic villain without resorting to the age-old mind-control shit

When people say shrapnel are they saying that is a tiny piece of what was in Paz? Or are they saying there was a third bomb?

wat

we're talking about the horn. could be a piece of the helicopter

Dawg

What are the odds of a piece of vagina bomb flying into BB's face though?

Anyway, since we've seen the hospital scene before the coma, he didn't get the horn through the helicopter crash or whatever.

Unless Kojima retconned that trailer.

JayEH

Someone had a theory that the horn was implanted there and causes him to be evil or something like that. I don't necessarily buy it but just thinking the possibility that happening is chilling.

What are the odds of a piece of vagina bomb flying into BB's face though?

Anyway, since we've seen the hospital scene before the coma, he didn't get the horn through the helicopter crash or whatever.

Unless Kojima retconned that trailer.

hahaha, it's a trailer, certainly things could be changed. wouldn't make it a retcon

Dawg

Someone had a theory that the horn was implanted there and causes him to be evil or something like that. I don't necessarily buy it but just thinking the possibility that happening is chilling.

I can see the horn being implanted as a possibility, but that doesn't have to mean the horn makes him evil.

At the same time, you have to wonder why Kojima is adding a horn. Seems like an important part of the story. Don't think he did it just because it's a better way to show BB's demon transformation.

brau

I can see the horn being implanted as a possibility, but that doesn't have to mean the horn makes him evil.

At the same time, you have to wonder why Kojima is adding a horn. Seems like an important part of the story. Don't think he did it just because it's a better way to show BB's demon transformation.

na... he has said plenty of times its an aesthetic choice. Making him look more like a devil. Like with the hanging strap that is supposed to be his tail. It would be really weak if this was the cause. We have seen BB hang to dry, betrayed and used. now everything he has built was wiped out. No indication he would be righteous at this point. BB is evil because of his actions and reactions. No other way around it.

Dawg

na... he has said plenty of times its an aesthetic choice. Making him look more like a devil. Like with the hanging strap that is supposed to be his tail. It would be really weak if this was the cause. We have seen BB hang to dry, betrayed and used. now everything he has built was wiped out. No indication he would be righteous at this point. BB is evil because of his actions and reactions. No other way around it.

All right. While I agree with your post and I'd like to believe the aesthetic argument... that still doesn't explain how he got it. And yes, for the moment I'll keep believing they implanted it. There's a few arguments that support this. The trailer is the biggest example, but BB wearing bandages after 9yrs in coma is something too ;p

brau

All right. While I agree with your post and I'd like to believe the aesthetic argument... that still doesn't explain how he got it. And yes, for the moment I'll keep believing they implanted it. There's a few arguments that support this. The trailer is the biggest example, but BB wearing bandages after 9yrs in coma is something too ;p

Well, they really have not explained how he got it. I do believe Kojima said that the chopper crash was not the reason for the coma. Correct me if i am wrong here tho. He said that it was something else that will be revealed in the prologue to TPP. I do believe we will see maybe how he ended there in flashbacks? maybe as you play through the hospital?

I also think he said the shard is made out of some particular element, and there was no indication that it was on board of the chopper.

Well, they really have not explained how he got it. I do believe Kojima said that the chopper crash was not the reason for the coma. Correct me if i am wrong here tho. He said that it was something else that will be revealed in the prologue to TPP. I do believe we will see maybe how he ended there in flashbacks? maybe as you play through the hospital?

I also think he said the shard is made out of some particular element, and there was no indication that it was on board of the chopper.

kojima never said that. everything shown implies the helicopter crash --> hospital scene --> coma

Dawg

Yes, I have the same theory about the horn being some kind of strange element. It really does look... strange? :p

It's a crystal made by the patriots infused with the AI of The Boss.

Yes, I have the same theory about the horn being some kind of strange element. It really does look... strange? :p

he said part of it was bone, not sure if that's there to explain why it gets bigger or what

brau

Well... i was just reading about damage to the brain and what it can cause, and i guess it might be plausible his behavior is emphasized by this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681794-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/69193539

know a thing or two about the brain, the frontal lobes, and how they're responsible for creating and distributing dopemine and serotonin to the rest of the brain, and they also play a role in higher executive functionality of the brain. If his right frontal lobe is completely destroyed, than what little chemicals it was producing in his brain have been severed, as well as much functionality when it comes to critical decision making and interpersonal relationships. He should also become more paranoid, as the lack of serotonin will make him anxious and in need of a fix and one will also develop ADHD-like symptoms. He'll not only lack vital human emotional brain chemicals, he'll be in desperation for them.

I guess this makes him lack the choice and make it feel like its inevitable because its an outside factor. That would be really lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom