• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

I hope its not some psycho mantis bullshit.

MGS V should be a story about why Big Boss became a villain and Kojima putting a redeeming spin on it.

It was all to take down the Patriots
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Maybe the hospital escape happens after the crash (hence bandages) and results with BB falling into a coma?

the coma comes almost immediately after GZ though, the "what about him" scene where they use the AED on BB, the doctor says he's alive but in a coma

GZ helicopter crash --> hospital defibrillator scene --> coma --> 9 year wake up

there could be something between the chopper crash and the coma itself, but it can't be all that much

the lack of horn in the "what about him" scene is strange though

Going by MG1 - MG2 and even MGS4
one way or another the horn will be taken out at some point because his head looked perfect in all three of those games.

brau

the coma comes almost immediately after GZ though, the "what about him" scene where they use the AED on BB, the doctor says he's alive but in a coma

GZ helicopter crash --> hospital defibrillator scene --> coma --> 9 year wake up

there could be something between the chopper crash and the coma itself, but it can't be all that much

the lack of horn in the "what about him" scene is strange though

In that video linked Kojima says that the hospital scene that they revealed the game with is how you start TPP.

brau

right. the game starts with the coma wake-up and subsequent escape with ishmael, mantis,
volgin
, horse sequence with ocelot

That makes sense to me.

but... the escape is in the same facility where he is in a coma?

I hope the game has a lot of nightmare looking things.... or just nightmares.
Like the whale.

That makes sense to me.

but... the escape is in the same facility where he is in a coma?

yeah, it's the same room in
cyprus
. it's presumably not the same hospital he was taken to initially after the helicopter crash. he was probably moved to that facility, given how far away it is from the OG motherbase

brau

yeah, it's the same room in
cyprus
. it's presumably not the same hospital he was taken to initially after the helicopter crash. he was probably moved to that facility, given how far away it is from the OG motherbase

So the whole location makes sense so far? Motherbase location and all?

@KOJIMA: This is what happens when we don't have a release date Kojima.. i hope you are happy.

Its possible this was posted before. But BB looks awesome.
RED DEMON.
B6_i8j-CAAM-S9e.jpg

So the whole location makes sense so far? Motherbase location and all?

@KOJIMA: This is what happens when we don't have a release date Kojima.. i hope you are happy.

the logistics of how he ends up where he is at the start of TPP are unknown. i would assume it was to keep the fact that he is alive a secret. i also assume that the soldiers invading the hospital are there to get BB because they discovered he's alive and where he is

brau

make two, just to be safe.

I think this would be the safest.

Would it be possible for GZ to get an update close to release with more story, setting up to TPP something extra? what would be the special reward that was talked from GZ? can't be the beta for TPP... then again, it could be.

MGS Threads just make you ask too many questions and then something happens and all of it is discarded. Usually followed by pictures of Kojima smiling.

Would it be possible for GZ to get an update close to release with more story, setting up to TPP something extra? what would be the special reward that was talked from GZ? can't be the beta for TPP... then again, it could be.

It sounded like GZ won't get updated, they said the plan was to revisit it in TPP if you have finished GZ.

Skullface

The trailer will have sound.

If it is a trailer, I'm looking forward to what ever rocking song he decided to use for it. I'd love to see him use King Crimson's "Epitaph". Nuclear was clearly influenced by it, and it could certainly be appropriate.

An epitaph (from Greek ἐπιτάφιος epitaphios "a funeral oration" from ἐπί epi "at, over" and τάφος taphos "tomb")[1][2] is a short text honoring a deceased person.

If it is a trailer, I'm looking forward to what ever rocking song he decided to use for it. I'd love to see him use King Crimson's "Epitaph". Nuclear was clearly influenced by it, and it could certainly be appropriate.

Just listened to it. It sounds like it would fit into anything, especially metal gear,

Playing ground zeroes today trying to s rank all missions again. Every other time I turn on my ps4 I get an itch to play it. I can't imagine how much content TPP will have. I remember Kojima saying he was afraid some people wouldn't finish it.

Pinewood

I hope all TPP-s side ops are like GZ-s, or even longer. Peace Walkers small missions are great for a PSP I think, but a bigger sandbox should lend itself to more elaborate missions.

And pleeeease let us replay all the missions after completing the game. This seems given after PW and GZ, but you never know.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope all TPP-s side ops are like GZ-s, or even longer. Peace Walkers small missions are great for a PSP I think, but a bigger sandbox should lend itself to more elaborate missions.

And pleeeease let us replay all the missions after completing the game. This seems given after PW and GZ, but you never know.

That's confirmed, for example if you do a lot of headshots in that mission and then come back and replay the mission the Fox engine will remember and the guards will wear helmets now.

That's confirmed, for example if you do a lot of headshots in that mission and then come back and replay the mission the Fox engine will remember and the guards will wear helmets now.

I'm not sure it'll be exactly like that in the real game, the demos were staged with two different builds of the game. I think they will learn if you revisit a base but might be different for starting the first mission or a new game+.
Of course, they might have a replay old mission option anyway but with the permadeath and choices they've talked about it sounds quite different to P.W's mission select, so I'm expecting an option to start a game from a complete save like Portable Ops.

I'm not sure it'll be exactly like that in the real game, the demos were staged with two different builds of the game. I think they will learn if you revisit a base but might be different for starting the first mission or a new game+.

i presume it will be just like peace walker with no new game plus, it's mission-based, all missions will open to revisit whenever you want. i'm pretty sure that's what eyestone was referring to with the enemy adaptation. i highly doubt they'd block off revisiting missions. that would defeat the purpose and make the game too linear

brau

I think he has mentioned it a few times already in every play through. He had it in the last jungle gameplay where they try to tranq headshot and it bounces from them using a helmet, and i think also in one of the commentary in Afghanistan where they are scouting the place at night and day.

Maybe the followup of a series of missions? Not really sure how it will end up in the final release.

hm on second thoughts PO didn't have mission rankings. But the permadeath thing confuses me, couldn't you go and get a dead buddy a second time by replaying that mission again?

-Deimos

GUYS. Seriously. Stop posting crap that isn't confirmed in your thread titles. There's absolutely no hints of a trailer or release date from that source. Putting a question mark doesn't make it OK.

"MGSV to appear at Taipei Game Show" is acceptable. Not "MGSV release date + trailer + gameplay demo + DLC announcement + MGS themed circus act incoming??????!?!!?!?????"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Troy Baker: "... Just in terms of everything you can do... Skyrim looks like an afternoon playpen next to it."

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom