• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Uhhhh...

XfpmPV.png

Palpable

Looks like they forgot to take all of her weapons, that's kind of an oversight but then again when you have super speed, strength, and invisibility perhaps the handgun isn't the biggest threat.

I'd be curious as to how they even got the cuffs on her then.

Maybe she's into that sort of thing, though... aaaaaayyyyyyyyeeeeeee.

Looks like they forgot to take all of her weapons, that's kind of an oversight but then again when you have super speed, strength, and invisibility perhaps the handgun isn't the biggest threat.
That whole scene is strange. Shes just sitting there by herself, with no guards, and the helicopters hovering with doors open. It's like they wanted her to escape.

The second one, though I need to update the logo a bit. The words, especially "Outer" look a bit out of place.

I didn't noticed that banner writing until now. :D

No one in particular. Though, I suggest you might subscribe for GAF Gold.

If you decide to update the Outer GAF, I would be more than happy to update the banner!

Also, I will subscribe! :lol

*nods* nice!

i really like like this one.

a vote for the second one here too!

Dammit, and I like this thread title.

Nice work LD!

Thank you, BROTHERS!!!!!!!!

I'd be curious as to how they even got the cuffs on her then.

Maybe she's into that sort of thing, though... aaaaaayyyyyyyyeeeeeee.

That whole scene is strange. Shes just sitting there by herself, with no guards, and the helicopters hovering with doors open. It's like they wanted her to escape.

It is taken completely out of context just like all of the other things we have seen, which brings us back to the fact that we literally have almost no idea what's going on in the story besides:

• Kaz and Big Boss and friends are out for revenge
  • Big Boss is losing it, and will be a big theme
  • Cypher/Zero/The Patriots and Big Boss's relationship will get some exposition but we all know it won't be the focus
  • It seems we will be caught up in several conflicts across the world, not just the ones(I assume we probably will do some things) we end up creating
  • Cyprus, Afghanistan, and South Africa/Africa have been confirmed as areas
  • Motherbase stuff
  • Boss battles will return
  • Open World
  • Metal Gear Online 3
  • Outer Heaven plays some role in the story as well
  • Potentially so big, it's Too big to finish
  • No release date, aside from 2015 BELIEVE EXTRA HARD

Seriously. Fucking fake concept weapons. Goddamnit Konami.

I wouldn't be hurt if they called it something else while maintaining the function and look of the gun itself.

I mean the M16A1 in MGS4 was called the XM177E2...

This is a real one:

1523xm177c.jpg

Also known as a CAR15, primarily used by US Special Forces in Vietnam.

Lernaean

Banned
Too bad it won't be called that in the game. ;_;

Seriously. Fucking fake concept weapons. Goddamnit Konami.

It's also the gun licencing costs. It's better to have free fake guns than actually pay numerous manufacturers for licence to use their guns in your work.
I don't know if it's definitely a fact, but i read sometime that it's the reason for not using real guns in many media.

Palpable

It's also the gun licencing costs. It's better to have free fake guns than actually pay numerous manufacturers for licence to use their guns in your work.
I don't know if it's definitely a fact, but i read sometime that it's the reason for not using real guns in many media.

Oh it's the reason, but why now? Every other MGS game has a mix of real and sci-fi guns.

If you decide to update the Outer GAF, I would be more than happy to update the banner!

I guess the writing is better now... Uhh... I'm not sure...
lelhpswg.png

Must. Hold. Back. Perfectionism.

May I throw out an idea to use the GAF logo as the circular background behind the skull/wings? Ugh, I really need to get PS back. I've got the itch!

Dude.

afsirhtp.gif

I tried that. It looks like Garbage. We are not that kind of people.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

That had always been a contentious point for me. There's some irony in a series that essentially promotes peace and the avoidance of violence paying actual gun manufacturers money.

I'm very okay with them using fake guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom