• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

I'm seriously going to lose it if we don't get a release date this month.

Fucking hell, I don't even have the energy anymore to reply to garbage posts like that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150548777&postcount=501

Posts like that really annoy me. What Kojima is doing with MGSV is far more ambitious than anything I've seen so far in this gen. It's mindblowing that they are getting an open world game to run at 1080p/60fps with that visual fidelity with a day and night cycle, dynamic weather and dynamic AI systems for enemy soldiers and even animals. Plus all the base building elements that can instantly be accessed through the iDroid while being on a mission. And like always the insane attention to detail that has been in every Metal Gear game. There is just sooo much going on in that game. Meanwhile in UC4.. you can now swing a rope, hide under foliage and have dynamic moving chest hair.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm seriously going to lose it if we don't get a release date this month.

Posts like that really annoy me. What Kojima is doing with MGSV is far more ambitious than anything I've seen so far in this gen. It's mindblowing that they are getting an open world game to run at 1080p/60fps with that visual fidelity with a day and night cycle, dynamic weather and dynamic AI systems for enemy soldiers and even animals. Plus all the base building elements that can instantly be accessed through the iDroid while being on a mission. And like always the insane attention to detail that has been in every Metal Gear game. There is just sooo much going on in that game. Meanwhile in UC4.. you can now swing a rope, hide under foliage and have dynamic moving chest hair.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Watch sum Berserk, S4nic.

Even Chinner has seen it.

I'm stuck at work but goddamn that reminds me I need to finish Cowboy Bebop and Monster first :3

Btw. what's with that S4nic shit? I remember I was on phone and someone posted a Sonic video and I think Chinner was heavily involved with this but never really knew what the heck is going on.

Skullface

I'm stuck at work but goddamn that reminds me I need to finish Cowboy Bebop and Monster first :3

Btw. what's with that S4nic shit? I remember I was on phone and someone posted a Sonic video and I think Chinner was heavily involved with this but never really knew what the heck is going on.

You've been accused of the need to gotta go fast.
2ab.gif

Skullface

I don't like to be a douchebag but aren't you in the wrong thread to discuss this stuff?

I think that if we had a page worth of Persona discussion it would be inappropriate, but Outer GAF has a clubhouse like environment. All things Metal Gear and shared interests with our brothers. I for one hate Persona with the force of a million suns, but it doesn't bother me that people are discussing it.

Skullface

what shirts did you order? i really want an outer heaven one

All the pictures I had in that post. I Can't wait for my Outer Heaven hoody! Redbubble takes for ever. They're still in the process of making them. It'll probably be another couple days.

Edit: Wasn't sure what post you quoted me on, so just in case you missed it, I'll repost my purchases:
fig,black,mens,ffffff.jpg

fig,black,mhoodie,ffffff.3u1.jpg
fig,asphalt,mhoodie,ffffff.3u1.jpg
fig,black,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg
fig,asphalt,mens,ffffff.jpg

Dawg

Had a call from the job company I'm applying for. I was worried because I was doing test and one of them crashed online at question 6 of 30. Couldn't continue because it was listed as "completed".

When I explained the issue, they looked it up and told me I had 20%. They were like "ouch..." so I wasn't sure they'd believe me. I could just be making this stuff up for all they know.

But then they looked at the second test which I did manage to complete (the tests were about Microsoft Word and Excel, advanced functions) and she saw I had 97%. She was like "Wow... Impressive!" and then she instantly said "don't worry, we won't count the other test then!"

happy-dog-o.gif

Jindrax

Had a call from the job company I'm applying for. I was worried because I was doing test and one of them crashed online at question 6 of 30. Couldn't continue because it was listed as "completed".

When I explained the issue, they looked it up and told me I had 20%. They were like "ouch..." so I wasn't sure they'd believe me. I could just be making this stuff up for all they know.

But then they looked at the second test which I did manage to complete (the tests were about Microsoft Word and Excel, advanced functions) and she saw I had 97%. She was like "Wow... Impressive!" and then she instantly said "don't worry, we won't count the other test then!"

happy-dog-o.gif

MY DAAAWWGGGGG!!!!!!!

Where're you applying bro?

Skullface

So how many BROTHAAAAs have preordered Phantom Pain? The only game I've ever preordered was the Master Chief Collection and I swore I'd never do it again. Yet I preordered Phantom Pain without any idea as to when it's releasing...

Lernaean

Banned

happy-dog-o.gif

Excellent my Dawg!

So how many BROTHAAAAs have preordered Phantom Pain? The only game I've ever preordered was the Master Chief Collection and I swore I'd never do it again. Yet I preordered Phantom Pain without any idea as to when it's releasing...

I haven't. I'll wait for all options to be announced before i do. I'm thinking for DD for PC and the most ridiculous collector's edition for PS4, as i have all MGS games in physical and limited editions on PS platforms.
PC will be my primary campaign play, and will decide on Online once is see where the rest of Outer GAF is heading.

sexyelder

Ahh, The Master Chief Collection... "Regret, Regret, Regret..."

Edit: I haven't preordered yet, waiting for a special addition announcement.

Never preorder. Though I regret not preordering KH2.5 Collectors Edition.

That heartless.

2719225-screen+shot+2014-11-05+at+5.14.19+pm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom