• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many BROTHAAAAs have preordered Phantom Pain? The only game I've ever preordered was the Master Chief Collection and I swore I'd never do it again. Yet I preordered Phantom Pain without any idea as to when it's releasing...

waiting for CE's and LE's and Europe delay to decide what I preorder and if it will be from abroad or not.

Will buy the inevitable Phantom Pain PS4 too.

Akiller

"Wow... Impressive!"

happy-dog-o.gif

Excellent Dawg!

*MGS2 VR Mission cleared theme*

Had a call from the job company I'm applying for. I was worried because I was doing test and one of them crashed online at question 6 of 30. Couldn't continue because it was listed as "completed".

When I explained the issue, they looked it up and told me I had 20%. They were like "ouch..." so I wasn't sure they'd believe me. I could just be making this stuff up for all they know.

But then they looked at the second test which I did manage to complete (the tests were about Microsoft Word and Excel, advanced functions) and she saw I had 97%. She was like "Wow... Impressive!" and then she instantly said "don't worry, we won't count the other test then!"

happy-dog-o.gif

tumblr_nelgtvdQ8G1r7sijxo1_400.gif

I dreamed earlier that The Phantom Pain released. Following an update for Ground Zeroes, there was an extra option on the main menu screen to download The Phantom Pain. It was one of the most spectacular experiences of my life. And then I woke up.

Man-Crying.jpg

brau

I dreamed earlier that The Phantom Pain released. Following an update for Ground Zeroes, there was an extra option on the main menu screen to download The Phantom Pain. It was one of the most spectacular experiences of my life. And then I woke up.

ugh.. i've been waking up with MGS trailer music every day for the last week. Dunno why. I am not even watching the trailer.

Did y'all check out that GameTheorist video about Snake's weed habit. Thought the video was baity because the title of the video indicated this, but it only talked about it at the last 3 or 4 minutes.

brau

wuuuuuut!???

so we are getting excited again?

Everytime they tease us i... i....

ib1udzntusR8Z2.gif

HURT ME.... HURT ME MOOOOOOOAR!

So, Johnny Sasaki is a Genome Soldier that is theoretically enhanced by Big Boss's genes, right? But he's afraid of needles... so is he really? Also, do these injections affect his appearance? Is that why he resembles young Solid Snake/BB? Or was this just a plot device for Meryl to see "young Snake" and become enamored, as she could no longer be in love with emotionally scarred and physically aged Old Snake?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So, Johnny Sasaki is a Genome Soldier that is theoretically enhanced by Big Boss's genes, right? But he's afraid of needles... so is he really? Also, do these injections affect his appearance? Is that why he resembles young Solid Snake/BB? Or was this just a plot device for Meryl to see "young Snake" and become enamored, as she could no longer be in love with emotionally scarred and physically aged Old Snake?

I didn't think he looked like Young Snake. Is that thing then?

I didn't think he looked like Young Snake. Is that thing then?

280px-MGS4JohnnyPP.png

Am I crazy? Other than softened features, I always assumed he was meant to resemble Snake. though looking at the Young Snake mask kind of throws this off.

This is on the Giant Bomb wiki:
In Metal Gear Solid 4, Johnny, also known to others as Akiba, plays a larger and more significant role. He is a member of Rat Patrol, Meryl's squad sent to observe and keep peace in various war zones. Though he proves to be an asset to the team, he continues to contract diarrhea and performs silly/dangerous actions throughout the game. At a key point, he saves Meryl's life. Upon removing his mask, it is revealed he looks a lot like Snake in his younger days. From then on, he becomes a love interest of Meryl's.

Proves nothing besides the fact that others have thought the same.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope people see it's not our boy JunkerHQ who says this, it's that Alligator guy so take it with a huge grain of salt.

I don't believe anything anymore.

Get out. And never come back.

I am not joking.

Did you expect clicking on that spoiler tag there will be "jk". Well, no. That wasn't the case.

Uhh... clicking another spoiler tag, huh?

Kept you spoiler tagging, huh?

Get out already!

Well... jk

I hope you're happy now..

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
280px-MGS4JohnnyPP.png

Am I crazy? Other than softened features, I always assumed he was meant to resemble Snake. though looking at the Young Snake mask kind of throws this off.

This is on the Giant Bomb wiki:

Proves nothing besides the fact that others have thought the same.

Huh. That's news to me. I guess he does. When I first played it, I thought he looked like:

Prince_charming_worried_face_sherk_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom