• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 happening? Kojima visits PG, Dinner Meeting with Kamiya & Minami

PLEASE

MAKE A SEQUEL

PLEEEEEEEEEASE

Then when it comes out I'll play it instead of finishing TW101, then also play the PC version before finishing TW101

TW101: The game that beat Neiteio ;)

I haven't finished it either...even though I love it

Imagine if Rising 2 gets a regular dev cycle...it could have as much content as TW101! We'd never need another game!

Arguably my favorite Spin-off Series besides the SMT:persona games.

If this becomes reality, i wouldn't mind local and online co-op. slicing people would be twice as fun.

Neiteio

TW101: The game that beat Neiteio ;)

I haven't finished it either...even though I love it

Imagine if Rising 2 gets a regular dev cycle...it could have as much content as TW101! We'd never need another game!
Yeah, I'd get serious mileage out of a Rising 2 that has as much content as TW101

The real question is, how can they ever top Senator Armstrong?

Wait a minute... Oh man... I just realized the answer

Raiden fights all of fucking Congress

Hypron

PLEASE

MAKE A SEQUEL

PLEEEEEEEEEASE

Then when it comes out I'll play it instead of finishing TW101, then also play the PC version before finishing TW101

Finish that game already, you shouldn't be far from the end anyway.
Do it for Kamiya.

And then just as you think it's over, the President of The United States of Ameria™ comes roaring in "THIS ISN'T OVER YET".

JoJoSono

Banned
MGR's graphics weren't shit...

Yeah I may be the only one who really thinks Platinum's shared engine games all look fairly decent. Maybe not the best graphics, but something about them is very pleasing to me.

But hey a sequel to the only good Metal Gear game this gen would excite the hell out of me. Time to see the dark hero really come into his own. Gameplay wise and story wise.

antitrop

Imagine what they could do if they actually had a reasonable amount of time to make a game, instead of rushing MGR out like they had to.

My boner just ripped right through my pants. Just right up out into orbit, poking the moon and shit. MAKE IT HAPPEN

Neiteio

The graphics in Rising were great. Especially the art direction for the cyborgs.

Synthetic muscles and metal jawlines are my new fetish of choice.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Ah hell yeah! It's so happening. Already my most anticipated game (after TPP).

Let me purchase my happiness.
Let Platinum control your soooooouuuuulll

Neiteio

And then just as you think it's over, the President of The United States of Ameria™ comes roaring in "THIS ISN'T OVER YET".
President: "I can't, um, let you do that, mmm, Raiden"

Raiden: "Obama-bot! I thought you stood for justice!"

*The theme from Space Jam starts to play as Obama and Raiden have a sword fight/dance-off/pickup game of basketball*

Yeah, I'd get serious mileage out of a Rising 2 that has as much content as TW101

The real question is, how can they ever top Senator Armstrong?

Wait a minute... Oh man... I just realized the answer

It should be a globehopping adventure where Suit Raiden™ goes around saving cities, and freeing child soldiers. The boss of every level would be that country's president/king/queen/ruler.

They're all on nanomachines. They're all corrupted. Have no fear, Raiden's here. Those are the Rules of Nature

Village

YEAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Keep pushing to the future, push it so far you start venturing into other titles.

I want sunny building models of ZOE mechs whilists i am zandatsuing dudes.

Rnr1224

totally awesome if it is happening. make it release on PC and consoles and ill buy day one. anyone know how well the PC port sold?

Neiteio

Vladimir Putin should be the secret final boss.

Sexy Shirtless Putin with Hammer and Sickle Hands!

Prosecutie could be his sidekick.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I actually thought the character models and effects in Rising looked fantastic.

The only real weakness I think they had was in environmental design. It was kinda lacking in both graphical fidelity and uniqueness.

antitrop

The only real weakness I think they had was in environmental design. I thought it was kinda lacking in both graphical fidelity and uniqueness.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I played on PC, and Raiden's character model was fantastic. The game looked really nice in motion, but the environments speak for themselves. PS2 shit.

But how often is the game not in motion? So it looks nice almost all of the time, I thought.

Not a game for screenshots, though, that's for sure.

Neiteio

The only real weakness I think they had was in environmental design. I thought it was kinda lacking in both graphical fidelity and uniqueness.
Denver looked great. Stormy skies, glass skyscrapers, cobblestone streets, and varnished wood on the office interiors.

And that made-up sub-tropical country where you fight Mistral had its moments. Although it was a bit stagnant overall.

President: "I can't, um, let you do that, mmm, Raiden"

Raiden: "Obama-bot! I thought you stood for justice!"

*The theme from Space Jam starts to play as Obama and Raiden have a sword fight/dance-off/pickup game of basketball*

So this happens in space right

on a giant U.S. space laser

called the HAMMER OF FREEDOM

and it ends with Raiden and Obama punching each other at light speed while falling through the atmosphere

then finally with one last stand off after they crash land on Earth

Neiteio

So this happens in space right

on a giant U.S. space laser

called the HAMMER OF FREEDOM

and it ends with Raiden and Obama punching each other at light speed while falling through the atmosphere

then finally with one last stand off after they crash land on Earth
Don't forget the part at the end where Joe Biden stops Raiden from committing suicide and explains that Obama hypnotized himself into acting like Hillary Clinton as though he were possessed by her grafted-on hand, all to trick Vladimir Putin into thinking "Damn, America is crazy."

I can write this shit, give me a call, Platinum

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Vladimir Putin should be the secret final boss.

Sexy Shirtless Putin with Hammer and Sickle Hands!

Prosecutie could be his sidekick.

Ronald Raygun wearing a nanomachine infused Lincoln tophat.

I would LOVE a MGR Platinum game with cyborg ninja Grey Fox right before Shadow Moses. After playing Rising I just don't know how much more they can push the Metal Gear story post MGS4 and MGR:R.

Adnor

Banned
PleasepleasepleasepleasePLEASE!
And please release it day one on PC too, don't have us waiting for months again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't see why it wouldn't be happening.

That cliff-hanger ending. That moderate success for Konami AND Platinum.

It's been a no-brainer.

As long as we get wall running like that trailer showed when Platinum first revealed they were working on MGR than I'm fucking hyped.

the chris

Well it can't possibly be worse than the first one.

ioIKnC7oEtWvV.gif

YES. MAKE IT RIGHT.
I need Metal Gear Rising 2 NOW.
I would like it to take place between MGS 2-4 like MGR was originally. But, if they can't do that, it's fine. : ) I really anticipate this! I remember the survey they did a while ago, that was very specific regarding the game. I bet with more development time they can make an even better game!! MGR seemed a bit rushed.

That or they just have dinner. Nothing business related.

Of course I would like a MGR2. Or a new Zone of the Enders. Please! Zone of the Enders and Platinum would be the most perfect fit in gaming history!

sn00zer

I always assumed platinum would be involved with a new ZOE if it ever happened....Im certain this is for MGR2 though

Seik

Banned
Rising was too good to not have a sequel, seriously.

2014-06-2601_01_49-twskj9v.png

This pic hypes me so much.

PLEASE

MAKE A SEQUEL

PLEEEEEEEEEASE

What the hell are you doing, man?! I thought you were done with it since a while. DO IT! D:<

Top Bottom