• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 happening? Kojima visits PG, Dinner Meeting with Kamiya & Minami

Timmy00

I'd love to see a metal gear rising 2! The first one was easily my 2013 game of the year. It has some flaws but I loved all the hours I put into it. The platinum trophy was definitely worth getting.

xEEvvA0l.jpg

OH MY GOD. These are perfect.

Golnei

Just make it at least 12 hours long this time around. MGR was painfully short at ~7 hours.

They managed those fairly polished 7 hours, along with alternate character DLC, fleshed-out Codec and VR missions; in a comically tiny development cycle, so I wouldn't worry about MGR2 under-delivering on that front even if it is rushed.

Yall crazy!

This is about Kojima and Kojima productions doing their own version of Legend of Korra :p

KONAMI PRESENTS
KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS
A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

METAL GEAR SOLID VI: LEGEND OF KORRA

You are Loud, a male airbender, formerly known as the rebellious seventeen year-old girl, "Korra," during the events of Operation Farewell Sausage. As Loud, you must travel to Republic City to track down Equalists, who are in possession of a weapon that is said to surpass Metal Gear.

SCRIPT:
[Mission begins with a Troy Baker monologue]
"Republic City is a big place!"

Sorry, I tried! I think...

Golnei

The TWO mgr phones is pretty suggestive.

I'd like a hundred percent kojipro story if this happens.

I think they should give Tamari another chance. MGR's lack of pretense was refreshing, and that tone over a more elaborate narrative would be a good direction for the sequel to pursue. Plus, he gave us Armstrong.

(The localisation team absolutely has to be kept the same as well. I don't want to live in the universe that would have given us "Nanomachines, of course.")

I think they should give Tamari another chance. MGR's lack of pretense was refreshing, and that tone over a more elaborate narrative would be a good direction for the sequel to pursue. Plus, he gave us Armstrong.

(The localisation team absolutely has to be kept the same as well. I don't want to live in the universe that would have given us "Nanomachines, of course.")

Is Tamari PG?

I hated Jack the Ripper to be honest, made all the more ridiculous by the way the plot revealed him.

Sure, PG saved Rising, but I'm just not a fan of their narratives

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There's no such thing as a free dinner

Anyway, MGR2 needs to happen, if only because the first one was way to short.

I hope they get more time and resources for an eventual sequel

KONAMI PRESENTS
KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS
A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

METAL GEAR SOLID VI: LEGEND OF KORRA

You are Loud, a male airbender, formerly known as the rebellious seventeen year-old girl, "Korra," during the events of Operation Farewell Sausage. As Loud, you must travel to Republic City to track down Equalists, who are in possession of a weapon that is said to surpass Metal Gear.

SCRIPT:
[Mission begins with a Troy Baker monologue]
"Republic City is a big place!"

Sorry, I tried! I think...

Ev1VyWl.gif

I would play this.

"THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN TSUNGI HORN!!!

DieH@rd

Banned
Well... we all all aware that Konami does not know how to make games anymore. They have only KojimaProduction and nothing else.

I am fully ready for a Revengeance sequel, nextgen only, 1080p60.

ZOE 3 or bust!

Yeah, it's become pretty apparent that Kojima's gonna be stuck cranking out MGS games till he croaks or leaves Konami, so handing ZO3 off to another group is the only way I ever see it happening. And as cliche as it's getting to say this around here, PG is the only other dev I would want to do it.

.....but I'll totally buy Rising 2. This shit's gonna be bananomachines, son.

1. INTERESTING ENVIRONMENTS
2. See 1.
3. See 4.
4. See 2.
5. Interesting gameplay scenarios that arent boss fights

game was a real chore outside of the boss fights

So true. You can see some effort, but most of the levels are reminiscent of PS2 60fps Shinobi with bareboned environments.

Does this mean Kamiya's going to be on Kojima Station this week? Somehow I've ended up watching that show for like four weeks in a row, despite not understanding anything anyone's saying beyond "hai hai hai" :p

Things I need to hear in order to buy Revengeance 2 day one no questions asked:
- That it exists

Things I'd like to see:
- Wall-running
- Better sub-weapon implementation (real-time switching, in other words)
- A proper DMC/Bayonetta-style lock-on wouldn't hurt
- MOAR SAM! (imagine spending the intro of the game still using Sam's sword, hacking up fools, decimating like nine Metal Gears, and when the dust settles you hear footsteps coming closer and a slow, sarcastic clap. Raiden turns to see a cybernetically-enhanced Sam, dripping with swarthy latin charm, a lopsided smirk on his face. Sam casts a smoldering glare at Raiden, then lowers his gaze to the sword at Raiden's hip. "I theenk you have sometheeng of mine..." *cue bossfight, Sam starts unarmed but effortlessly demolishes you, halfway through he takes the sword back, THERE WILL BE BLOOD starts playing, and you realise this is an unwinnable fight*

Hypron

Can you imagine if Kamiya was directing ?

:O

Yeah. I see minigames and space harrier sections every 10 minutes. I'd rather have the team that did MGR:R to work on the sequel tbh.

- MOAR SAM! (imagine spending the intro of the game still using Sam's sword, hacking up fools, decimating like nine Metal Gears, and when the dust settles you hear footsteps coming closer and a slow, sarcastic clap. Raiden turns to see a cybernetically-enhanced Sam, dripping with swarthy latin charm, a lopsided smirk on his face. Sam casts a smoldering glare at Raiden, then lowers his gaze to the sword at Raiden's hip. "I theenk you have sometheeng of mine..." *cue bossfight, Sam starts unarmed but effortlessly demolishes you, halfway through he takes the sword back, THERE WILL BE BLOOD starts playing, and you realise this is an unwinnable fight*

Yes please. Or he could be a badass good guy this time around. A playable character would be even better.

Mumford

It'll be interesting to see if they go with Raiden again or if they change it up to Gray Fox, as was originally planned apparently (iirc)

It will be that WW2 game featuring The Boss that everyone wants except it plays like Godhand.

It'll be interesting to see if they go with Raiden again or if they change it up to Gray Fox, as was originally planned apparently (iirc)

It will be that WW2 game featuring The Boss that everyone wants except it plays like Godhand.

Be pretty good if the final fight in Rising 2 was Gray Fox vs Snake in MGS

Gun Animal

No doubt, Konami wants MGS to be an annual franchise and this is the way to do it. I see MGS's future looking something like this:

Early 2015: MGSV: The Phantom Pain
2015-2016: Various DLCs for MGO3
Late 2016: MGSV: Director's Cut (GZ and TPP + all DLC)
2017: MGR2
2018/19: PS4/Xbone only MGS on Fox Engine

Sayter

No doubt, Konami wants MGS to be an annual franchise and this is the way to do it. I see MGS's future looking something like this:

Early 2015: MGSV: The Phantom Pain
2015-2016: Various DLCs for MGO3
Late 2016: MGSV: Director's Cut (GZ and TPP + all DLC)
2017: MGR2
2018/19: PS4/Xbone only MGS on Fox Engine

2020: People are sick of any game with the words "Metal Gear" in it.

Jb

A current gen only Rising could be absolutely glorious, especially considering the limited amount of time Platinum had to rebuild MGR from the ground up.

Top Bottom