• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

UnrealEck

Judging by the hype, I'm expecting this game to be pretty fucking good.

9/10 type shit. I'm guessing it's on-par with the best DMC game.

It's obviously finished! Just unlock it now!!!! Please!

I love that you can crank up the amount of dismemberment on the PC version also. Hellz yeh.

Grief.exe

25 hours and 20 minutes from now. 18:00 GMT. Check the Steam store page, yo.

The number is somewhat irrelevant, whoever is in charge of the registry app pushes the update. Its not up to Valve or at a set time.

They can push it early, or forget, and push it later than expected.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've got a new rig built, this will be the first real 3d game I christen it with.

i7 4770k
32 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
750 GB SSD
Geforce 680 (my old GPU, the only non new thing in the rig)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I wouldn't get your hopes up for seeing any mods for this title.

Heavily modded I agree is probably out of the question but if it's anything like the DMC4 mod scene you'll be getting some minor skin mods, color schemes and using characters in levels you're not supposed to use them in. I'm counting the seconds for Jetstream Sam to be usable in the main story.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Remember!

* Play on Hard.
* Parry is key.
* Don't buy/upgrade the Gray Fox sword.
* Rules of nature.

I don't suppose this will have the Grey Wolf DLC? I really wanted that sword on the console version but they actually kept it locked to a preorder bonus and never released it afterwards.

Omega

Banned

shits on every DMC imo

only "downside" is that it's short. I put it in quotations because some people want every game to be 50 hours minimum, while some of us enjoy our games to not overstay their welcome.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Not really the same style and not as content-rich as DMC3.

Overall I'd say it's a very solid action game that came out impressively well considering its development history. It's no Bayonetta, though.

Still a great buy for $20-30 if you like action games.

so hard is where its fun?

does it have good checkpoints? ala can i just restart a boss fight if it kicks my ass?

Checkpoints are generous and even allow you to replay fights if you don't get the grade you wanted, as long as you pause and restart fast enough. No penalty for dying or restarting IIRC.

zainetor

Banned
I don't suppose this will have the Grey Wolf DLC? I really wanted that sword on the console version but they actually kept it locked to a preorder bonus and never released it afterwards.

game has every dlc released on consoles, even preorder stuff.

And please, correct your post. Who the fuck is grey wolf XD?
Ps: it's gray fox.

My PC can't run this at a resolution and fps I'd be even slightly satisfied with (my PC is total crap), but I bought the game already anyway to support it. It'll be one of the first games I'll play when I'll get a new PC some day hopefully this year.

zainetor

Banned
There is also a control scheme you are supposed to change. Supposedly that was going to go into the OP.

I suggest you to try default setting first and then decide. It's not better for everyone.

MAndatory: change the camera rotation speed. It's too fucking slow on default.

Peff

There is also a control scheme you are supposed to change. Supposedly that was going to go into the OP.

Hm, not really, some people find it more comfortable to invert the sticks for Zandatsu mode and use the left one for precision cuts, but it's perfectly playable with the default setup.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
swapping analog stick function for zandatsu

someone made a nice, very convincing post about it

Well that seems like more of a preference thing since I was perfectly fine with controlling slices with the right analog, but having it noted for the unaware couldn't hurt!

Atruvius

It's stupid how excited I am for a port of a PS3 game I could've bought any time I wanted. Tomorrow can't come fast enough!

I hope the HD collection will release on Steam one day, would be so sweet.

Grief.exe

Here is the aforementioned post

Okay guys. If you haven't played the game before, and this is your first time playing it, I've got an important hint that should make blade mode a lot easier to use: go to the options, and change the control scheme to control scheme B.

Let me explain why:

The default control scheme uses the left analog stick as the camera control and the right stick as the stick you use to orient your slashes.

Example:
468px-Blade_mode_basic-1.jpg

Here, using the default configuration, tilting the left stick will move the view around, whereas tilting the right stick will make the blue line you can see on the screen rotate. This blue line tells you where you're going to make a cut.

Now, in the game there are two ways to slash things to pieces: either you flick the right stick, or you orient your slash using the right stick and then press one of the attack buttons (X or Y) to make the slash. The second method is more precise, as you don't risk changing the orientation of the slash as you flick the stick. However, you can see that we have a problem here: you need to orient your slash using the right stick, and then press one of the buttons directly above it without releasing it... It just won't work unless you're using the claw.

So we come back to my recommendation: use control scheme B, which inverts the two sticks during blade mode (the control scheme doesn't change anything else). That way, you orient your slashes with the left stick and cut using X/Y. No problem there. Orienting the camera also feels more natural since it stays on the right stick (which is the stick used during normal gameplay to move the camera around).

The thing that really motivates me to post this is that lots of people complained about two of the latter bosses in the game, saying that blade mode wasn't precise and stuff like that, even though it absolutely is if you use it the right way.

The final boss is pretty much impossible in higher difficulties with the default blade mode scheme lol

Flicking the right analog around just doesn't work.

Clawww

Well that seems like more of a preference thing since I was perfectly fine with controlling slices with the right analog, but having it noted for the unaware couldn't hurt!

right. as far as preferences go, though, I think more people would prefer the alternate control scheme which just seems better haha

Bor

Neo Member
Super excited to try this out tomorrow, but sadly i wont be able to get into it too much, since i got exams at the end of this month, and this forum alone is giving me a hard enough time to actually get something useful into my brain, and not just talk about nintendo on iOs, 4.2 mil or titanfall

It's a good game, but I'd to keep my expectations reasonable.

I was somewhat disappointed by the final game. The combat is nowhere near as deep as DMC3SE or Bayonetta and the camera was really bad. The core fighting was still fast and satisfying but I wouldn't rank it among the best in the genre like the ones I just named.

But I am in the minority and for the price it's at right now it is very hard not to recommend it to anyone interested in it.

Top Bottom