• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Zushin

You'll miss a few nods here and there but overall you're good.

You don't really need to be a Metal Gear fan to enjoy the story.

Besides, the best bits of the plot are entirely unrelated to Metal Gear canon.
*coughcoughARMSTRONGcough*

Not really, it's quite a self-contained story. You will be getting a lot of spoilers for MGS4 though, if that matters.

Ah k. Thats good then. Get the feeling I should probably play the rest just because of how amazing everyone says they are lol. Looks like that huge Legacy collection just came out in Australia too...

Where are the GIFS?
metal-gear-rising-logzlzte.gif

I have wanted to play this game since I saw the E3 trailer a couple years ago, now that its coming to PC my first time playing will be at a glorious 1440p at 60fps can't wait

monome

First PG* game on PC.

May the Green Gods of Cash be with you PG* (even though you probably got a shit deal with Konami).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hopefully they release some PR when the port breaks even, I want to know how fast it was (or did it break even already?)

I got my copy ready to rip.

BadWolf

Excited to hop in to Very Hard. The wait is unbearable, ugh.

You might want to consider upgrading your skills and weapons in Hard first.

Unlike DMC, the weapon upgrades in MGR actually upgrade the damage output etc. of the weapon which helps offset the health boosts the enemies gain in Very Hard and Revengeance.

Also, Very Hard is in a way harder than the Revengeance difficulty.

Preloaded will be my first play through. Played all the other metal gear games I'm ready to "rock and ride"-biker mice from mars SNES.

Carbonox

SO happy to see that more people are going to enjoy this amazing game. GOTY two years in a row, whodathunkit? THAT'S why P* never bothered to release it on PC until now.

hehehehe

I was in the process of playing this game on PS3 and literally got rid of my copy once I heard a PC version was coming. That was months ago. And now it's almost here! Sometimes it pays to wait...and to be part of the glorious PC master race ;)

Sdoots

Not really, it's quite a self-contained story. You will be getting a lot of spoilers for MGS4 though, if that matters.

I'm conflicted on this.

I was super late to the PS3 party, and when I finally did pick up MGS4, I never got around to playing it. I got up to meeting SIGINT, and then never touched it again.

I've played through and really enjoyed, storywise and gameplaywise, MGS3, MGS2, and Peacewalker. I also know the major plot points from MGS1, but haven't played much of it beyond a rental of the Twin Snakes once.

Is there some stuff in MGS4 besides
nanomachines, and the ending scenes in general
that I would be really missing out on if I never got around to playing it? I have my PS3 packed up already, and I kind of want to just jump in to this when it unlocks.

Grief.exe

The 60 FPS bullet point in the FAQ is kind of ironic considering the platform.

It should be left in.

Perfect game for those 120hz monitors.

Top Bottom