• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

subwilde

Couldn't be happier with the performance. Everything maxed with 8x msaa only on 1080p right now and it stays a solid 60 no drops at all.

i5 3570k
7970 3gb

Update on the Online bug: The fix has been implemented and the auto-update has been switched from 'off' to 'on'! Booting up the game should now result in Steam automatically patching the issue.

Hate to belabor a point, but we are still kinda new to handling this and have been working on addressing the issue ASAP on our side. We apologize for the issue in the first place, and hope that it hasn't impacted your enjoyment of Rising on the whole.

Good to hear about the fix. Glad you guys are on top of it.

Grief.exe

So anytime it hits slow mo I should just hit LT and slice them up?

I think I am missing lots of opportunities after a parry streak or combo.

Update on the Online bug: The fix has been implemented and the auto-update has been switched from 'off' to 'on'! Booting up the game should now result in Steam automatically patching the issue.

Hate to belabor a point, but we are still kinda new to handling this and have been working on addressing the issue ASAP on our side. We apologize for the issue in the first place, and hope that it hasn't impacted your enjoyment of Rising on the whole.

Thanks for the update Tora! You guys are doing a great job, we understand that there is a large learning curve associated with this.

I was wondering why you guys pushed an update, but no update was coming through

i8KPxVK.png

bullshit.
saw 10 minutes: this game has no dodge, didn't use lock on on blade wolf, no command moves.
sadly, I think the majority of people are playing it that way...

I watched TB stream this yesterday, I knew he was going to have a lot of negative things to say about it.

Some of his complaints and lack of skill are really strange, considering he already played through the game on consoles last year...

TB is fucking horrible at video games.

So what about the 50fps limit on forced Vsync can you comment on that is that even a concern for anyone?

It's a concern. One of many that we are looking into. As soon as I have an update to any of those issues I will be addressing them. For now, "We're looking into these issues as they are reported."

Ok I left the game downloading all last night hoping it would be at least half done today when I woke up cos my internet is awful

Woke up and the game had 7.2GB downloaded so I was fine with that.

Started the download again just now and it started from the start again and there are no files for the game in my Steam folder.....

Not very. You're talking a game with multiple publishers, a game that was a critical bomb, and a game we were only involved in a very strict capacity (Grasshopper -> Ubisoft -> Marvelous AQL -> Konami).

Any relevant teams behind these development projects have since dissolved, making that even more difficult. We'd have to see an significant increase in demand of these products... Not so say it's impossible, but just unlikely at this time.

I know No More Heroes would have at least as many sales as the Wii version ever did, but I doubt that's enough to demand.

Tain

I haven't seen this 50fps thing in person but by default the game seems to use vsync and it seems to select whatever the lowest refresh rate available for a given resolution is.

In many cases this makes sense: a lot of us don't have available refresh rates lower than 59hz, and if we play this game with a refresh rate over the original FPS cap we'll see rhythmic stuttering. That's just how vsync works when you pair it with a fixed-framerate game, so you could see selecting a lower refresh rate as being cautious. But some have refresh rates like 50hz or even 24hz available (especially those using HDTVs), and these situations are where things go horribly wrong.

An option for the user to select their refresh rate would fix everything, I think.

Grief.exe

Ok I left the game downloading all last night hoping it would be at least half done today when I woke up cos my internet is awful

Woke up and the game had 7.2GB downloaded so I was fine with that.

Started the download again just now and it started from the start again and there are no files for the game in my Steam folder.....

Turn off sleep in control panel and power options.

I know No More Heroes would have at least as many sales as the Wii version ever did, but I doubt that's enough to demand.

There are games in Konami's library that have significantly more demand and would have easier paths to porting.

Those with "I have 60 fps zankeki on high" should explain how many parts they cut.

I'm saying this because I can pretty much have 60fps until I reach the 1000 parts mark, after that it dips around 40fps.

If you do a zankeki "on the fly" as I call it (means not even 200/400 parts) then the problem shouldn't occur.

Ugh, maybe I missed it but has anyone else encountered a bug that doesn't allow them to save? I just lost like 2 hours of playtime because I thought it was saving my progress between auto-saves and Courtney but I just tried to load and have nothing :'(

Grief.exe

The fact that he's so adamant about saying the game doesn't have a dodge mechanic, so much so as to mention it several different times (but not really as a complaint, just more as an observation), was hilarious to me.

Tweet him

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit

Ugh, maybe I missed it but has anyone else encountered a bug that doesn't allow them to save? I just lost like 2 hours of playtime because I thought it was saving my progress between auto-saves and Courtney but I just tried to load and have nothing :'(

It is listed here and with a potential solution

https://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344123190161/

bullshit.
saw 10 minutes: this game has no dodge, didn't use lock on on blade wolf, no command moves.
sadly, I think the majority of people are playing it that way...

It's not surprising. The tutorial sections are kind of lacking. I didn't know about dodging (def / off) and locking on until I watched a video someone linked

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The fact that he's so adamant about saying the game doesn't have a dodge mechanic, so much so as to mention it several different times (but not really as a complaint, just more as an observation), was hilarious to me.

Yeah I found it weird that he goes out of his way to say that he already knows everything there is to say about the game because he has played it before on the PS3 but then says there is no dodge...which there is...and even has it's own specific binding on the PC version.

He's a very strange dude.

ViviOggi

I also liked the part where he says he played the game a lot on PS3 but didn't finish it. He either has a very weird definition of "a lot" or is even worse at games than I thought.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

You have no idea how many minds I blew when I told them there was a dodge, you just had to buy it.

Combat in this game is so smooth, responsive and in depth while still simplifying some of the crazier aspects of other hack n slashers. I dream of more games using such a fine tuned fighting engine. Now if only I could get the damn parry counter time just right.

Grief.exe

Oh god I'm so stupid. I preloaded on to the wrong HD.

UGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHG

Steam mover.

I also liked the part where he says he played the game a lot on PS3 but didn't finish it. He either has a very weird definition of "a lot" or is even worse at games than I thought.

lol its a 5 hour game....

Has anything good ever come from trying to talk to Totalbiscuit on Twitter? I don't think so, lol.

Probably not, but its worth a try.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Also a note since a lot of people that have only played the PC version seem to be labeling the move wrong: The moves you do with the button prompts and the kanji are called Zandatsu not Zangeki which is the toggleable pieces rendering for the Zandatsu.

GavinUK86

My framerate keeps sticking at 57fps which is very odd. Apart from that, it's running great on my system. Luckily not encountered any bugs during the 3 or 4 hours i've been playing it.

Love the funny moments like this though:

1kC7GsF.gif

Gbraga

It's not surprising. The tutorial sections are kind of lacking. I didn't know about dodging (def / off) and locking on until I watched a video someone linked

Well of course, you have to purchase the ability, why would the game teach you a move you can't perform yet?

EDIT: The game should give you an option to see the button prompt for the move when you're purchasing it though instead of having to go to another menu.

Well of course, you have to purchase the ability, why would the game teach you a move you can't perform yet?

fair enough. I guess most of the game is learn as you go once they give you the basics

I bought the dodge but how do I activate it?
I thought it was a passive until someone here mentioned key binding.

Light Attack + Jump

If you do it with the left stick as well you can dodge in other directions.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It's a concern. One of many that we are looking into. As soon as I have an update to any of those issues I will be addressing them. For now, "We're looking into these issues as they are reported."

Since you are here i would like to ask something a bit offtopic: I noticed that recent Konami titles like MGR and Castlevania LoS have the option for Brazilian Portuguese language, will LoS 2 and MGSV support this language as well?

d0c_zaius

Change your desktop resolution to a custom 1920x1079 at 60 hhz, then load the game as usual and the game works fullscreen at 60hz, you do not need to select this resolution in the game as it does not show customs.

Anyone else having problems with the frames in full screen, runs like a beauty at 60FPS in windowed mode with everything on max settings, runs at 24FPS in full screen, what gives :(

This workaround is monitor specific as it doesnt work for me. Bummer as playing in windowed last night was ok but not really optimal.

Since you are here i would like to ask something a bit offtopic: I noticed that recent Konami titles like MGR and Castlevania LoS have the option for Brazilian Portuguese language, will LoS 2 and MGSV support this language as well?

I can't guarantee as the brand manager is currently out, but last I know of, yes. Most of our major recent releases and upcoming titles have contained localized Brazilian Portuguese. We recognize the importance of your emerging market and have been best trying to accommodate it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
is it possible to immediately parry while comboing? why else would parry be mapped to the same key as light combo.

Yes it is, if I remember right using offensive defense stores your position in a combo so if you are doing the 3 hit light attack combo and you use the offensive defense two attacks in your next light hit attack will finish that chain.

Parsnip

Thanks again! This fixed the issue I was having. I must need to mess with V-Sync settings some more though cause there is some pretty bad tearing only during the cut scenes.
I have vsync set to 'always on' from the tweaks tab, haven't noticed tearing on my end. Good luck and have fun with the game. :D

Grief.exe

I can't guarantee as the brand manager is currently out, but last I know of, yes. Most of our major recent releases and upcoming titles have contained localized Brazilian Portuguese. We recognize the importance of your emerging market and have been best trying to accommodate it.

MGSV confirmed.

Top Bottom