• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

RK9039

Since you are here i would like to ask something a bit offtopic: I noticed that recent Konami titles like MGR and Castlevania LoS have the option for Brazilian Portuguese language, will LoS 2 and MGSV support this language as well?

I can't guarantee as the brand manager is currently out, but last I know of, yes. Most of our major recent releases and upcoming titles have contained localized Brazilian Portuguese. We recognize the importance of your emerging market and have been best trying to accommodate it.

DavidCry.gif

Not confirmed.

BadWolf

Combat in this game is so smooth, responsive and in depth while still simplifying some of the crazier aspects of other hack n slashers. I dream of more games using such a fine tuned fighting engine. Now if only I could get the damn parry counter time just right.

Yeah, its a good middle ground.

There is enough depth in there to master and enjoy but its not over the top with combo video stuff that majority of the ppl will never do.

Unai

Ok I left the game downloading all last night hoping it would be at least half done today when I woke up cos my internet is awful

Woke up and the game had 7.2GB downloaded so I was fine with that.

Started the download again just now and it started from the start again and there are no files for the game in my Steam folder.....

Me too :(

I made some amazing screenshots (like the one with the cardboard lady in the lobby) but when I exited the game it didn't register them ;____;

Is there a good guide for the Left Arms/IDs? Missing about 6

LiK

I made some amazing screenshots (like the one with the cardboard lady in the lobby) but when I exited the game it didn't register them ;____;

Is there a good guide for the Left Arms/IDs? Missing about 6

Tons of guides out there. I recommend YT for easy video guides.

Tons of guides out there. I recommend YT for easy video guides.

Yeah but most I've found don't have the specific ID number. Are they in order? Otherwise you have to go through everything and just hope you didn't get one already.

edit: nvm, someone posted one on GameFAQs with videos and all.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I can't guarantee as the brand manager is currently out, but last I know of, yes. Most of our major recent releases and upcoming titles have contained localized Brazilian Portuguese. We recognize the importance of your emerging market and have been best trying to accommodate it.

Awesome, thanks :)

IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED.

Seriously though, what's taking so long? :(

Not confirmed. Please don't quote me on that. "Last that I know" is more or less offhand for, barring circumstances, I believe it to be. We are launching in those regions for CVLOS2, but MGSV still has to be ironed out.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah but most I've found don't have the specific ID number. Are they in order? Otherwise you have to go through everything and just hope you didn't get one already.

They're in order, also you can't re-get ones you have already found. So they won't show up if you already collected it.

If I remember right the most annoying one is on mission 4 during the sneaking segment in the office. You have to complete the area in a specific way to get the guy to appear.

LiK

Not confirmed. Please don't quote me on that. "Last that I know" is more or less offhand for, barring circumstances, I believe it to be. We are launching in those regions for CVLOS2, but MGSV still has to be ironed out.

Feel free to post the MGSV PC specs right now.

MGSV confirmed.

Can't tell if serious or trolling. I'm only talking generally about releases (not PC exclusively) and Brazilian localization, which we've been stepping up in recent years. Please don't read too much into what I say or I won't be allowed to post anymore.

d0c_zaius

Someone posted a Borderless Windows tool in the first few pages of the thread that has been doing the job for me on my TV.

yup thats probably what I'll stick with. It looks like this was never fixed with Crysis 2 officially, so it may be a long while before we get official word on this issue.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Can't tell if serious or trolling. I'm only talking generally about releases (not PC exclusively) and Brazilian localization, which we've been stepping up in recent years. Please don't read too much into what I say or I won't be allowed to post anymore.

He is kidding. ;P

Time to post this again for good measure:

How to play Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

I am probably much better at this today than I was yesterday. At least until I encounter a new enemy type!

yes. Thanks for posting. Watched this morning and helped me out greatly. I'm still not great with blade mode. Button mashing isn't the best method, but its hard to be precise when I have a Gecko getting ready to stomp my ass from behind.

Teknoman

I know its a minor issue compared to everything else, but those damn black bars in full screen via HDMI still bother me. Especially since i'm not using some strange ratio/resolution.

Problem isnt that noticeable while you're fighting enemies of course, but when you're moving around or messing with menus, its bothersome.

I know its a minor issue compared to everything else, but those damn black bars in full screen via HDMI still bother me. Especially since i'm not using some strange ratio/resolution.

Problem isnt that noticeable while you're fighting enemies of course, but when you're moving around or messing with menus, its bothersome.

It's one of the issues being currently investigated alongside a slew of other concerns, but it most likely has to do with some of the previous points I've mentioned. If it wasn't officially supported in the PS3 version of the game, it may be more difficult to fix and implement. But please don't let that discourage you from continuing to let us know about it.

What up with that? I know some games when downloading have batches in which they save files after a certain amount and if you don't pass that limit then it reverts. But I didnt' think Steam did that.

Really fricken sucks though cos that's a whole night downloading for no reason now

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Game really takes the piss at times, codec while walking down long corridor, kill two guys, cut-scene, walk into next room, codec... Only on chapter 3 and I'm finding myself skipping most of the codecs now.

Nibel

Finished the game earlier - no interrupting slowdowns, awesome IQ, no errors. Great, great port!

Will start my second run asap

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Game really takes the piss at times, codec while walking down long corridor, kill two guys, cut-scene, walk into next room, codec... Only on chapter 3 and I'm finding myself skipping most of the codecs now.

It's a Metal Gear game after all.

dookeh

I'm using DL-DVI (not HDMI) on my 120hz monitor and it locks me to 50hz in full screen. Everyone keeps reporting that this is an HDMI only issue...

Korezo

What ever that fix did I can't even play the game anymore, game freezes my whole pc after a few minutes. I played fine yesterday with custom res fix, now it's unplayable and locking my pc.

Blinck

OK!

I'm starting to really dig the game now.
After the camera issues and some glitches at the start I'm really starting to enjoy the combat and even the very badly written ( Or maybe I should say cheesy since it seems almost on purpose ) dialogue.
The part when you
play as one of those little robots
was great...the animations were so funny, great stuff.

But man...I still wish this game had better graphics. The models are pretty good and the animations are fantastic....but the environments are just so empty and bland....god damn the past gen consoles, holding back graphics on these otherwise great games.

Dahbomb

Whoever said that newcomers should start on hard difficulty is a cruel person. How the hell am I going to beat
Monsoon...
That one is tough to start out with but he has a very specific.pattern and gimmick. Easy way to beat him first time around is to throw EMP grenades on him when he goes into untouchable purple mode then run up to him, Blade Mode and slice the weak spot that disengages his form.

Also this is the first fight where you really need that air parry. If you get launched by Monsoon you can still parry his air combo. Also this fight conditions you to block multi strikes which is essential against Monsoon as he has many fast ones that stun you.

Grief.exe

edit: nvm, someone posted one on GameFAQs with videos and all.

Give us the link Glass! Can't leave us hanging like that.

Totally kidding Tora! Sorry to stress you out.

Use this AA compatibility bit: 0x084012C1 and set the SGSSAA settings to enhance and use the multiple of whatever strength AA you are using. Use the Demigod bit for AO.

What specific AF settings are you using?

LOD etc

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Give us the link Glass! Can't leave us hanging like that.

Totally kidding Tora! Sorry to stress you out.

What specific AF settings are you using?

LOD etc
Using x2 multisampling and 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling since that is about as much as my computer can handle before having the framerate tank.
LOD
-0.500 for x2, -1.000 for x4, and -1.500 for x8

Thelta

Neo Member
Oh god, i finished the game, it was fucking awesome.Gameplay is so satisfying, parrying then doing zandetsu feels so good.Boss fights are epic, and there are only two giant bosses and they are the worst ones.
I loved ending of sundowner fight., my jaw was open.
.Performance was better than i expected, I used a laptop which has i5 3210k, 7670m, 4 GB ram and i think it was around 40 FPS (I didn't use FRAPS, so i don't know exactly.)I'm going to play this A LOT.
Best Boss Fights
Armstrong > Bladewolf > Sam > Monsoon > Sundowner > Ray > Mistral > Excelsus

Top Bottom