• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 1 coming this week @ EU-PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
nice. Already bought it on the US store, but this'll save me switching accounts to play.

Never played portable ops - worth a buy?

KZObsessed

OH THANK GOD YESSSSS

Only one I never played :p

Next up, Resident Evils, Tomb Raiders, FFVIII, Vagrant Story and aaaall the good stuff.

DMeisterJ am cry.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BaZZaa said:
Oh yeah!! me like!!
hoped it would be 4,99 but whatever!

... It's $10 in the US. Why would it suddenly be cheaper in EU, just because you had to wait a few more months?

FFO said:
DMeisterJ am cry.

You're getting a 4-6 month old left-over from the US, bitch. Don't suddenly get all high and mighty. ;) ;) :lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
TheSeks said:
... It's $10 in the US. Why would it suddenly be cheaper in EU, just because you had to wait a few more months?

Not cheaper, but getting it for the same price wouldnt hurt. First thing i did when i got my PSPGO was to make a US account to not only get a bigger choice of games, but also cheaper games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gamecocks625 said:
Good question. Anyone?

If you like MGO. Yes. Otherwise: FUCK. NO.

Retcons a-hoy along with terrible MGO gameplay just masking behind a "team" system. Terrible.

AC!D's are better Metal Gear portable games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
OH THANK GOD YESSSSS

Only one I never played :p

Next up, Resident Evils, Tomb Raiders, FFVIII, Vagrant Story and aaaall the good stuff.

DMeisterJ am cry.
º____º

Shame on you.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
TheSeks said:

Yeah, who cares about europeans. They get the game months later and at higher price due to 1$=1€ conversion U_U

DMeisterJ

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Indeed :(

Never bought a PS1, was an N64 kid! :lol ;_;

But that's no excuse!

Oh... That explains a lot. You had a terrible couple of years being a N64 kid. You've gotten fucked over by Nintendo as a kid, and now SCEE screws you over. :/

Oh well! We're going to get FFVIII and VS first if my life depends on it. Grace Chen will not let me down!

Drame

All right, finally a real PSone classic.

If only, FF VIII and Vagrant Story would arrive to the store this week too.

nofi

English PR:

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will release four classic Metal Gear Solid titles via Sony’s PlayStation(R)Network service.

The news comes as Konami gears up for the anticipated release of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable), and will begin with the reissue of the original PSone version of Metal Gear Solid on November 19th, priced £7.99. Hailed as an all-time classic and one of the most influential video games of modern times, Metal Gear Solid marked the series’ first move into a fully 3D play area, and established Hideo Kojima as an iconic talent.

The release of Metal Gear Solid will then be followed with Kojima Productions’ PSP(R) entrants to the series: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops +, and the innovative Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel. Release dates for these titles will be confirmed at a later date.

Cesar

Banned
A bit offtopic, but are the Abe games worth it on PSN? I mean, are the graphics not too pixelated if you play it on a HD TV?

El-Suave said:
I'm happy it's coming, but I'm afraid this might be bad news for Critter Crunch which is coming out on the same day.
Shrug... nothing we can do about getting released beside a juggernaut like MGS. Unfortunate but hopefully people will still take a look :)

V_Ben

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:
Shrug... nothing we can do about getting released beside a juggernaut like MGS. Unfortunate but hopefully people will still take a look :)

dont worry, i'm still buying critter crunch! me + my flatmates are addicted to the demo from the US store, and can't wait for the full game! (do we have a price yet?)

I checked the PSN store today to see how much MGS would cost (I'm in Australia) and the only PSone classic they have up is Party time with Winnie the pooh. Seriously wtf...

Nickiepoo

Do PSN bought PS1 games support the 'smoothing' option you get when playing disc based PS1 games on the PS3?

Also, is there any other advantage (other than it being DD) of buying a PS1 game over PSN if you already own a disc based version (load times, for example).

lucablight said:
I checked the PSN store today to see how much MGS would cost (I'm in Australia) and the only PSone classic they have up is Party time with Winnie the pooh. Seriously wtf...

Lol, they made you call Party time with Winnie the pooh a PSone classic.

Nickiepoo said:
Do PSN bought PS1 games support the 'smoothing' option you get when playing disc based PS1 games on the PS3?

Also, is there any other advantage (other than it being DD) of buying a PS1 game over PSN if you already own a disc based version (load times, for example).
Yep.

Not sure if load times are improved... they should be though. At least you won't have to get up to change discs!

Nickiepoo

Danne-Danger said:
Yep.

Not sure if load times are improved... they should be though. At least you won't have to get up to change discs!

That's a good point, though somehow with MGS (and FFVII for that matter) changing the disks became such a ritual due to the pivotal parts in the story at which they happen. Sort of like Dukes of Hazard without the commercial breaks.

I'm not complaining about this, not even close, it just made me think about how the disk changes were deliberately placed at points where having 20 seconds of 'down time' helped things sink in.

hertog

just bought it for 4,99 due to my psn plus account :D
I now got jumping flash, FFVII, FFIX, metal gear solid, both abe's and medi-evil on my ps3. I love psn

Kyoufu

hertog said:
just bought it for 4,99 due to my psn plus account :D
I now got jumping flash, FFVII, FFIX, metal gear solid, both abe's and medi-evil on my ps3. I love psn

:lol :lol

Danj

So hang on, with the PSN release, what are they going to do about a)
having to find the codec number on the back of the CD case
and b)
having to use the second controller port
? I mean, I guess with b) it's possible if you play it on a PS3, but what about the PSP? Or will it not be playable on PSP?

EDIT: just realised this thread is from 2009 >_< curse you, thread necromancy!

Man

I'm interested to know the answer for A.
I believe PSOne games might come with scans of the original manual, maybe MGS has one of the cover?

Danj said:
So hang on, with the PSN release, what are they going to do about a)
having to find the codec number on the back of the CD case
and b)
having to use the second controller port
? I mean, I guess with b) it's possible if you play it on a PS3, but what about the PSP? Or will it not be playable on PSP?

EDIT: just realised this thread is from 2009 >_< curse you, thread necromancy!

MGS comes with a digital manual, with the
codec frequency
on the very first page!

And you can change your
controller ports
anytime with the menu, its pretty handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom