• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Leipzig GC 2006 - New pics!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bluemercury said:
its a cut scene....:S wait for gameplay footage....
wtfmane.jpg

ELS-01X

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Because MGS games look drastically different in gameplay than in cutscenes. This keeps being brought up but people that have actually played the series knows whats up.
Well, when it comes to animation, yes they do 0:p

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I hope when you go into harder difficulty modes in MGS4 the enemies are not only stronger and can take more damage but ACT smarter as well. But thats highly improbable.

mckmas8808 said:
Bad day in the neighborhood.

:lol

Holy shit, you really can see that guys mouth open beneath his mask just before he gets stomped into paste. Most impressive cloth effect since Larry Croft's twisting shirt parallax map extravaganza.

Kangu

Banned
Why the return of Uncle Snake in the trailer? I don't get it at all. It certainly gives creedence to the idea that Snake ages as the game progreses. \

Anyway I rather prefer the look of uncle Snake. Particulary the dark gray hair as opposed to snow white. The sharper chin and more tan skin also help give Uncle Snake a more handsome/bad ass look. I do like the black suit though. The gray suit looks too much like he's wearing cheap ruber armor.

Drohne is way of on the mustache. The one on Grandpa snake is far more realistic and convincing, to the point that its disgusting. The one on Uncle Snake is just a bunch of straight, far too wide, polygons.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jett said:
:lol The expression on that dude's face is priceless.

Yeah Kojima creates the best facial featured characters in any game known to man. There's like 4 or 5 of them in this video alone.

BigBoss

Kangu said:
Why the return of Uncle Snake in the trailer? I don't get it at all.

I think Kojima reused the TGS trailer to remind people that the Solid Eye system and Otacon's little robot will still be in the game. Kojima was asked a couple of times if those things were dropped since they weren't shown in the E3 trailer.

Zenith

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
1. This means you've never played any Metal Gear games

but all the PS2 MGS games used high-poly models for cutscenes and low-poly for gameplay. it's a standard technique. if it's the same here we haven't seen what Snake really looks like yet.

What's going to come out first, MGS4 or the HD version of this trailer.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Kojima has already gone on record saying that MGS4 will look exactly like that when playing. (He's talking about the graphics not the animations.) <-- Was Said for the toolbags that would inevitably bring that up.

Forceatowulf said:
Kojima has already gone on record saying that MGS4 will look exactly like that when playing. (He's talking about the graphics not the animations.) <-- Was Said for the toolbags that would inevitably bring that up.

The animation should still look amazing. From the first interviews Kojima did for this game he's said that animation is their focus for this game, moreso than the actual modeling for the characters.

dose

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah Kojima creates the best facial featured characters in any game known to man. There's like 4 or 5 of them in this video alone.

So Kojima makes all the 3D models and animates them?
Wow.

You're not totally screwed when the Gekkos come...remember his Octocamo? No place to hide whatever, you can hide anywhere! As long as yer still, of course. I'd use it, wait till they turn around, toss a grenade and hide again.

I'm just wondering how big a part will they play in the game.

Ajax

Banned
Sugarman said:
You're not totally screwed when the Gekkos come...remember his Octocamo? No place to hide whatever, you can hide anywhere! As long as yer still, of course. I'd use it, wait till they turn around, toss a grenade and hide again.

I'm just wondering how big a part will they play in the game.

Well when MGS3 was in Invasion mode they could always find you even if you were in almost perfect stealth so I don't think it'll be that easy.

ELS-01X said:
Fanboy in denial :lol

Yeah whatever. In MGS2&3 the enemy animations were exactly the same in game and in cutscenes. Till you play a MGS game I suggest you stay away from this thread and stop embarassing yourself.

ELS-01X

Banned
Ajax said:
Yeah whatever. In MGS2&3 the enemy animations were exactly the same in game and in cutscenes. Till you play a MGS game I suggest you stay away from this thread and stop embarassing yourself.
I've played them all, and contrary to your delusional vision, no, the animation during gameplay has not the same quality as the cutscenes. Just accept it and move on.

Ajax

Banned
ELS-01X said:
I've played them all, and contrary to your delusional vision, no, the animation during gameplay has not the same quality as the cutscenes. Just accept it and move on.

If you zoom to the soldiers with the binoculars you'll notice that the have the same animation as in cutscenes. Too bad you just can't see it.

Zenith

Banned
Ajax said:

That's incorrect. E303 MGS3 trailer conveniently has mocapped CQC fight followed by ingame CQC fight with similar camera angles. animation wasn't even close in terms of quality. And you repeatedly asking him to leave the thread (on the baseless accusation of not having played MGS) rather than trying to back up your points makes you look like you don't have any. Are you afraid he'll prove you wrong if he contines to post?

ELS-01X

Banned
Ajax said:
If you zoom to the soldiers with the binoculars you'll notice that the have the same animation as in cutscenes. Too bad you just can't see it.
Maybe you should lend me your 4D googles. I bet that would help.

EDIT:
CHECK POST NO. 572 AND RESPOND PLS
We'll have to wait until TGS to see the results of their efforts. In the meantime I wouldn't be claiming "best animation ever" yet.

Ajax

Banned
ELS-01X said:
Maybe you should lend me your 4D googles. I bet that would help.

Great! Maybe you can use them as an attachment to your anti-sony ones. You've been trolling MGS4 since day one, half of your recent posts are about MGS4, and at this point I bet you're praying it looks worse in-game.

ELS-01X

Banned
Ajax said:
Great! Maybe you can use them as an attachment to your anti-sony ones. You've been trolling MGS4 since day one, half your posts are about MGS4, and at this point I bet you're praying it looks worse in-game.
Yes, I'm anti sony. I guess that's why I'm using as avatar the logo of a company who's developing exclusively for them
reyes.gif
. And how exactly am I trolling MGS4? Criticism = trolling? :lol

Ajax

Banned
ELS-01X said:
Yes, I'm anti sony. I guess that's why I'm using as avatar the logo of a company who's developing exclusively for them
reyes.gif
. And how exactly am I trolling MGS4? Criticism = trolling? :lol

So if I put a 360 avatar I'm free to troll whatever 360 game I choose to? Great!

yeah, that one is a very old trick

And when in almost every post about MGS4 you have something negative to say, it's not called critisism anymore it's called obsession against it.

Top Bottom