• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Leipzig GC 2006 - New pics!

gogogow

New MGS4 pics from LGC!
Looking good!

6ebb3297.jpg

e07e94eb.jpg

mgs4_gc_2006a_mgs4-03.jpg

mgs4_gc_2006a_mgs4-04-1.jpg

c0468b3a.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that torn-up truck tire looks fuggin great. i wonder if all the destructible objects will be that detailed. and the new metal gears could pass for chrome hounds from the waist up! :x

Nozi

Banned
Reilly said:
downgrade?

I was thinking the same. Art direction still looks good, if overly green, but I don't recall the jaggies and low-res textures/poly detail in previous shots. Pic 3's characters look awful.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Shredding tires. ****ing hot. What's with all the grain, though?

GhaleonEB

Reilly said:
downgrade?
That's what I thought. The art direction is amazing, and stuff like that tire blowing out have great details. But lots of the texture work is not to hot, and objects like the little rubble on the ground in the bottom shot - in the shadow - don't look right.

Still, nitpicking. Looks great overall.

gogogow

downgrade? I honestly don't know, we need better pics for that. But if Kojima is really trying to achieve 1080p........who knows what will happen.

Chiggs

Uh, what the hell is going on here? That shot with the truck looks great, but what happened with everything else?

Swear to God I'm not trolling.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if there's any difference between this and the e3 stuff, it's that the colors are more muted -- those soldier guys in the third shot look the same as ever. wait sorry i meant DOWNGRADE TOTAL SONY LIES

Chiggs said:
Uh, what the hell is going on here? That shot with the truck looks great, but what happened with everything else?

Swear to God I'm not trolling.

The pictures just look shunken down a bit. Whats to worry about we just saw that same scene with our own eyes and it was spectacular and did not look like that at all. The video does not lie.

Nozi

Banned
The texture resolution seems unnaturally low, or they have some crazy filtering going on. The sidewalk in shot 3 is almost flat shaded the texture is so low res.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
These pictures are not as good as what we have seen, but it still looks ****ing amazing.

Do those metal gears have a name yet?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'd hazard a suggestion that these capturing might be a little off? They seem like noisy captures, and I don't mean the aliasing. I don't know if it's the capturing or something else, but it's not evident in what I've seen of the trailer itself (or at least the video we have of it).

llTll

Banned
gogogow said:
downgrade? I honestly don't know, we need better pics for that. But if Kojima is really trying to achieve 1080p........who knows what will happen.

i think that is one of the problems if true.

honestly back at tgs, it looked so awsome with details like this

007.jpg

and look how it look now. is it because the less Ram or the rumor about this game 1080P?

i dont want 1080P. i want it to look good like before :/

Animal

Banned
ok so are you guys gonna buy the pics or the game?

The legs of the beasts used to be scally lizard like skin...

Nozi said:
I was thinking the same. Art direction still looks good, if overly green, but I don't recall the jaggies and low-res textures/poly detail in previous shots. Pic 3's characters look awful.

The FoxHound soldiers look identical to how they've always looked all the way back to the TGS trailer

040jq9.jpg

el Croux

None of these are main characters, and there's loads of them running around, no use comparing them to the Snake model.

OverHeat

« generous god »
SolidSnakex said:
The FoxHound soldiers look identical to how they've always looked all the way back to the TGS trailer

040jq9.jpg
No look at the shirt of the soldier in the new pics....low rez textures ftw

gogogow

Yeah, the pics aren't from great quality, like the ones from TGS and E3.
Kojima also said that the game will only look better and better....
Hope Sony won't force Kojima to make the game in 1080p.

llTll

Banned
Elios83 said:
LOL people have seen how amazing that looks in the trailer a couple of hours ago.
Magic of trolling :D :lol

not really trolling. no one doubt that mgs4 is awsome. but you cant deny the the TGS trailer looked better over all those screens..

who knows. maybe those screens are bad or low rez, and yes we know the trailer is awsome. :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This is probably either capped off some video file, or it's another Konami CMYK picture conversion job... Colors in the actual direct feed trailers never looked monochromatic like this.

Top Bottom