• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
snack said:
Get a grip. Get. a. Grip. GET A FUCKING GRIP!

FUCK! I'LL SHOW YOU GRIP!

bailoutre5.gif

dieh@rd needs a bullet to the fucking head for being so ridiculously stupid. I have my suspicions, though. I refuse to believe he blurted that shit out without knowing the gravity of his post

What a fucking dickbandit.

karasu

Lakitu said:
People seriously need to get a grip, Jesus Christ.

I hate when people post shit that gets me to guess about the answers to questions I never even had. I don't want to go into the game expecting to learn all of the delicious little secrets that have been held since the series' inception.

Laurent

getagripuu5.jpg

Dechaios said:
Hey, if you octocamo on the ground and an enemy soldier is walking your way, will he trip over you?
My guess? He will notice you à la Snake Eater...

————

So basically, GameFAQs boards have absolutely no admins nor moderators?!

Laurent said:
My guess? He will notice you à la Snake Eater...

Well considering the situation is entirely different when you play in multiplayer, i think that's also how the enemy sees you in single player.

In MGO, when Snake is using octocamo you can't see him at all unless the sun is too bright, and in those cases Snake is still invisible but you can vaguely see him.

Lakitu said:
The thread is deleted from GameFAQs and most likely the user is banned.

Don't think so. Threads that go big in GameFAQs get an autolock, if im correct.

DieH@rd

Banned
...and i love you all guys.

Anyways, there is a big chance that i will manage to get myself to MGS4 next weekend. So, im out.

bailoutre5.gif

Laurent

shagg_187 said:
Well considering the situation is entirely different when you play in multiplayer, i think that's also how the enemy sees you in single player.

In MGO, when Snake is using octocamo you can't see him at all unless the sun is too bright, and in those cases Snake is still invisible but you can vaguely see him.
Yeah but if we were to see exactly what Snake looks like using octocamo, he would be easy to spot on a screen. BTW, I don't get why Snake wouldn't be using that awesome opticamo he used at the begining of Sons of Liberty, it makes no sense appart from the fact that the game would be fucking too easy.

shagg_187 said:
Don't think so. Threads that go big in GameFAQs get an autolock, if im correct.
GameFAQs won't lock a thread for no apparent reason, and spoilers isn't against the rules there.

Hey guys,
Ryan is right this is just too damn scary at this point and I could see this thread being a big target for how
many people we have on it. I am basically going to finish the other 2 wallpapers make the new ones resized,
update the Reviews and countdown but I wont be checking the main thread very often so if anyone needs
anything please pm me.

Also did Diehard in fact post a huge spoiler in the thread?

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey guys,
Ryan is right this is just too damn scary at this point and I could see this thread being a big target for how
many people we have on it. I am basically going to finish the other 2 wallpapers make the new ones resized,
update the Reviews and countdown but I wont be checking the main thread very often so if anyone needs
anything please pm me.

Sent you a PM, Bruce.

We might have to let this ship sink....
But
After we have all played the game we can come back and rejoice at having not be spoiled right.

Doc Evils

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey guys,
anything please pm me.

How about this thread gets locked, BUT you are allowed to update the op and the thread becomes a sticky on the top of the forum?

Slamo

BruceLeeRoy said:
But
After we have all played the game we can come back and rejoice at having not be spoiled right.

Again, great job Bruce.

Bye best thread ever. I'll be back.

BruceLeeRoy said:
But

Thats it, we are going to give up. *sigh*

Where do I go to find all the latest news and reviews of MGS4. :(

(And yes dieh@rd spoiled a character and info on what the game reveals)

MiamiWesker said:
Thats it, we are going to give up. *sigh*

Where do I go to find all the latest news and reviews of MGS4. :(

(And yes dieh@rd spoiled a character and info on what the game reveals)

Right here man ill be updating the OP everyday and Ill see if we can get a sticky.

Laurent

I don't agree with locking this thread, thought perhaps a temporary moderator could be assigned to it until June 12th? Otherwise, previous non-official thread will rise above anyway...

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
But don't close the topic I want to talk Metal Gear :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Laurent said:
I don't agree with locking this thread, thought perhaps a temporary moderator could be assigned to it until June 12th? Otherwise, previous non-official thread will rise above anyway...

I can help with that since I already spoiled the game to myself by actually completing it. I cant check this thread 24hrs a day tho as I have things to do, but, as I said, I can help as I'm immune to spoilers.

I just wanted to say the vast majority of people posting in here have been awesome and I am pretty amazed
by that. 101 pages and not to many ass hats is pretty impressive. Thanks for the posts guys and general
excitement the game will be awesome. I would just feel so fricken terrible if any of us got royally spoiled in
this thread and since I cant stop that from happening I would rather we just all re-convene later.

But those of you that feel brave can by all means keep posting.

TTP said:
I can help with that since I already spoiled the game to myself by actually completing it. I cant check this thread 24hrs a day tho as I have things to do, but, as I said, I can help as I'm immune to spoilers.

Ahhh TTP I love you man.
Can you PM me if there is anything I should update or check that I have missed while your lurking around?

Doc Evils

TTP said:

I vote for this Italian.:D

Laurent said:
Plus, we should consider adding a [SPOILERS = BAN] tag to the title of this thread if we want to be serious about it.

this too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BruceLeeRoy said:
Ahhh TTP I love you man.
Can you PM me if there is anything I should update or check that I have missed while your lurking around?

You mean in your OPs? I don't see how you could have missed anything man.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:

Nuuuuh. He's going to ban anyone that says that X game has no tearing / jaggies !

just kidding mate :p

Anyway yeah that's a good idea. A few temp mods monitoring this thread for spoilers should help. I'd like to believe that no one would be dumb enough to spoil the party, but I can't.

DieH@rd

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Dude you mentioned a characters name that has not been revealed
Thats not true, that character was revealed right here on GAF more than a week ago. But if some trigger happy mod wants to ban me for that... damn...

And why did nobody anwered my question about mgs4 resolution??? Can it be played on 480i? Anybody knows???

careksims

I'm glad I skipped to the very last page of this thread. Hearing about some big spoiler revealed X_X;

I agree there needs to be some Mod checking this thread every once in awhile. People who post spoilers without the proper tags needs a ban slap on the back of their head!

Can't they just follow a simple rule?

I just wanted to see what's going on and now I have to back out til I beat the game.

NeoUltima

novery said:
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm breaking radio silence to first, thank BruceLeeRoy for the most amazing Official Thread the internet will ever see. You're giving our official site a run for its money, and now our webmaster hates you.

And secondly, I'm here to to ruin the party by begging all of you to avoid this thread until you finish the game. I guarantee there will be spoilers coming out today that will ruin some of the MGS4 experience.

You and I have waited too damn long for June 12, 2008. Unplug for seven days, you won't regret it.

-rp
Words heeded. I'm Snaking out of here.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BruceLeeRoy said:
Just if any cool Kojima esque stuff pops up that should be in the OP.

Ah, ok. Well, I'll look around for that.

In the meantime you can add these 4 italian magazine scores

PS Mania 3.0 - 5 out of 5 (my review :))
Game Republic - 9,5 out of 10
PSM - 10 out of 10
Play Generation - 97 out of 100

Calcaneus

I was lucky enough to have my internet cut on the days leading up to the LOST finale, I don't have the luxury of being forced off the internet for MGS4.

TTP said:
Ah, ok. Well, I'll look around for that.

In the meantime you can add these 4 italian magazine scores

PS Mania 3.0 - 5 out of 5 (my review :))
Game Republic - 9,5 out of 10
PSM - 10 out of 10
Play Generation - 97 out of 100

Anyway to read that review of yours?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MiamiWesker said:
Anyway to read that review of yours?

Not unless u know italian and manage to get a copy of the magazine I'm afraid. I can't really translate and post it here for now.

Can someone tell me what that spoilery GIF concerns? It loaded really slowly for me, so I never really figured out what it was. (which I guess is a good thing)

Dante

Well since Ryan himself said to bail out.....Guess I gotta oblige :D

Can't say if I'll hold true to this or not, but his post really scared me.

KZObsessed

Unless my maths is incorrect, (which it probably is :lol ), I make that a 96.5% average so far including all the reviews.

Tho theres two of the same one:

9/10 HARDGAME2

9/10 HARDGAME2

I only counted it once tho.

edit: also 9.5/100 GAME REPUBLIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom