• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Laurent said:
Yeah but if we were to see exactly what Snake looks like using octocamo, he would be easy to spot on a screen. BTW, I don't get why Snake wouldn't be using that awesome opticamo he used at the begining of Sons of Liberty, it makes no sense appart from the fact that the game would be fucking too easy.
Because that was the rare prototype stealth camo he picked up in Shadow Moses, and the point of the fireworks as he lands on the Tanker in MGS2 is that the camo is now broken and unusable.

AirBrian

LTTP but holy shit at the OPs. I have to ask: how did you post all that without others posting in between your posts?

And man, that 80 GB bundle is so, so very tempting.

Ryan Payton said:
Believe it or not, I've been so busy working on a special surprise for MGS4 buyers (that not even those who have leaked copies of the game can spoil! Haha!), that I haven't had time to catch up on most of the pre-launch excitement.

DAMN YOU RYAN!!!!! :/
I wonder what the surprise is :D

DrBo42

criesofthepast said:
OhMEGODdddd!! this excites me. some sort of dlc, i suppose.
:lol Here is where the surprise spirals out of control and becomes something MUCH bigger than it actually is.

OMG the surprise is the past 2 Metal Gear Solid games redone in the MGS4 engine! Available on PSN with a special key inside the MGS4 case!

The surprise is a Kojima Shrine to be gotten through an updat and replaced the ballsy statue? :D

ahh man. The wait is killing me. and i have to wait on the actual day of release. ugh damn you gamestop.

DrBo42

Mromson said:
How about we just BAN anyone who when whispers a spoiler? Regardless of if it was intended or not.
I feel that even tagged spoilers should be banned until June 12th. I'm probably a little extreme though.

shuri

Banned
you guys are sounding worse than the fruitcakes at gamefaqs or the sweatpants crew that haunted the smash bro threads :(

Make it stop.

Laurent

DieH@rd said:
And why did nobody anwered my question about mgs4 resolution??? Can it be played on 480i? Anybody knows???
You are seriously iritating with these questions... Why wouldn't the game be playable in 480i?! Do you know any PS3 game that REQUIRES HD?!

.nimrod is teh funny

Can someone PM me what the whole spoiler was? I dont feel like playing MGS again all the way through to find out, as the gameplay isnt as fun to me as the story.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
g35twinturbo said:
I'm just saying people spoiling shyt HERE should be banned. Just saying!

I'm on it. If anyone spoilt stuff, they might want to go back quickly and edit it out before I reach their posts.

DrBo42

Laurent said:
Wow, avoid
GameFAQs
because that guy posted pictures that wow...
Why is it always you saying shit like this? You say you want to be spoiled, and then you come back from that site like something horrible just happened to you. You're just giving the trolls somewhere to look.

Laurent

DrBo42 said:
Why is it always you saying shit like this? You say you want to be spoiled, and then you come back from that site like something horrible just happened to you. You're just giving the trolls somewhere to look.
Fuck, I'm only warning people here...

DrBo42

Laurent said:
Fuck, I'm only warning people here...
People know not to go there. We already dealt with the leak from that place earlier in the thread, you were very much on top of that too.

Oh crap, oh crap!

I didn't want to bail out so soon!! I really enjoyed this thread!

Reading the OP post and the constant reposting of the spoiling rules, we aren't suppose to even post such MGS4 heavy spoilers until after the release of MGS4, even if it's spoiler tagged right? If not it's going to be a land mine!

EDIT: iapetus to the rescue! iapetus have I told you how much of a beautiful person you are lately?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
DrBo42 said:

In his defense, he's just trying to help....but yeah, we already knew Gamefaqs was lost.

I'm on it. If anyone spoilt stuff, they might want to go back quickly and edit it out before I reach their posts.

Thank ya kindly. I'm not as worried about spoilers are as some in this thread, but what Die hard posted earlier was a bit much, IMO.

Are you guys seeing the insane collection of reviews in the OP?
If edge and eurogamer are seriously the only 8's of every review I am going to laugh my ass off.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Metroidvania said:
Thank ya kindly. I'm not as worried about spoilers are as some in this thread, but what Die hard posted earlier was a bit much, IMO.

You're all very scary people - I saw that more as a meta-spoiler. It has been replaced with a more appropriate (and significant)
and inaccurate
spoiler.

DrBo42

BruceLeeRoy said:
Are you guys seeing the insane collection of reviews in the OP?
If edge and eurogamer are seriously the only 8's of every review I am going to laugh my ass off.
I'll laugh even harder if they're the only reviewers that gave it the score it actually deserves.

Ploid 3.0

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey guys,
Ryan is right this is just too damn scary at this point and I could see this thread being a big target for how
many people we have on it. I am basically going to finish the other 2 wallpapers make the new ones resized,
update the Reviews and countdown but I wont be checking the main thread very often so if anyone needs
anything please pm me.

Also did Diehard in fact post a huge spoiler in the thread?

This reminds me of the youtubes with people spoiling the final(?) harry potter book for people camping out waiting for it to start selling.This thread will be a target by throw away accounts. Many people will be spoiled. It's time to strt that boat in a bottle hobby you always wanted to start, or study some new thing you had no intrest in learning about, like bones, or rocks. When your mind is off of MGS4 the wait will be easier.

Sallokin

Wow, when I checked this thread last night it was at about 80ish pages. Can someone sum up what has happened in the last 20?

Also is the limited edition guide out today? What about the headset? I've heard differing accounts.

Laurent

Metroidvania said:
In his defense, he's just trying to help....but yeah, we already knew Gamefaqs was lost.
Thx. If I was hoping to tease any of you guys, I would actually try with an absurd description. At least I am not using spoiler tags to hide jokes!

dkeane

Since I have no will power and can't stay away from the internet for the next week I plan on getting blind drunk everyday so I won't remember any spoilers I see. It's a sound, reasonable plan.

DrBo42

dermannmitdemcolt said:
Yeah, like they did with GTA4....oh wait...
:lol Good point.

To the rabid fans in this thread: I'm just going to come out and say that this game is not going to meet your expectations as the best game ever, or game of the forever. You're putting too much on poor Snake's shoulders. Believe it.

Laurent

DrBo42 said:

To the rabid fans in this thread: I'm just going to come out and say that this game is not going to meet your expectations as the best game ever, or game of the forever. You're putting too much on poor Snake's shoulders. Believe it.
Better expecting less than too much, I agree...

DrBo42 said:

Actually for me, if it's better than MGS3, it's the best game ever for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom