• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Okay, a request regarding spoilers: if you see any in this thread then PM me. I'm one of the few mods who doesn't care too much about accidentally seeing stuff in this thread, so I'll happily do the clear-up duty, but I can't track the thread all day.

(This offer is good until the end of Friday, at which point I'm disconnecting myself from the internet completely until well after the MGS4 launch, so someone else will have to deal with it...)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
iapetus said:
You're all very scary people - I saw that more as a meta-spoiler. It has been replaced with a more appropriate (and significant)
and inaccurate
spoiler.

I just saw it as something Kojima opened with MGS1, and kept teasing at in 2, with hints of what was to come in 3.....I know it's not a huge deal in terms of the whole package, but I would have preferred to learn it in-game.

To the rabid fans in this thread: I'm just going to come out and say that this game is not going to meet your expectations as the best game ever, or game of the forever. You're putting too much on poor Snake's shoulders. Believe it.

I agree. It'll be great, no doubt, but I would much rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, as in the case of GTAIV.

Laurent

BruceLeeRoy said:
30 min....
Perhaps try to use a filter on Meryl, Snake and Raiden to make one looking like this?

DSC00155.jpg

Best wallpaper ever, with it's big ass 4 on the right and Snake's Shinkawa artwork...

Alright guys. I'm out. Asked a mod to ban me till June 12th.
I can't control myself and i am DAMN SURE GAF will explode in 24 hours. Believe that!!

MGS3_Bailout.gif

Bye guys! :) I'll make sure i don't clear my cache until then :p

Once again, the Greatest Thread in GAF shall bloom in June 12 :D

DrBo42

shagg_187 said:
I can't control myself and i am DAMN SURE GAF will explode in 24 hours. Believe that!!

MGS3_Bailout.gif

Bye guys! :)

shagg_187 said:
This...is my final mission. *Sticks gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger*
shagg_187
Banned
(Today, 11:03 AM)
:lol Account suicide for MGS4, a new low.

DrBo42 said:
To the rabid fans in this thread: I'm just going to come out and say that this game is not going to meet your expectations as the best game ever, or game of the forever. You're putting too much on poor Snake's shoulders. Believe it.

We'll see that. I won't claim that MGS4 will be the best game ever made, that would be too bold by far. But I believe it could very well be the most important and entertaining game of this Gen for me personally. As a fanboy of this series. Otherwise it wouldn't be as powerful as its predessors and somehow I doubt that will be the case.

Az

I need someone to volunteer to kick me in the nuts so I don't go back to that spoiled site. Pain is going to teach me a lesson!!!!

tha_con

Banned
shagg_187 said:

MGS3_Bailout.gif

:lol

MGS4 is THIS amazing folks. POWER.

Per some suggestions from BruceLeeRoy, I've made a few adjustments to my MGS4 wallpaper.

Working on a Liquid Ocelot wallpaper now :D

Alternate resolutions and higher quality images (less compression) are available upon request, just PM me.

Insaniac

I'm tempted to buy the MGS4 80 gb bundle, but I'll i'm currently interested in IS mgs4. Should I take the plunge or would it be more reasonable to wait?

Ephemeris

shagg_187 said:

MGS3_Bailout.gif

Awesome :lol ... wait.

How is he going to coordinate in the meetup thread now? :/

prnotes_18.jpg

Laurent

BruceLeeRoy said:
You dont want answers man trust me.
Of course, once I guessed what was going on, I closed the tab... You said he will then realize that this wasn't a good idea?! Wow, what is worse... spoilers or that thought?! x_x

tha_con

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Looks really good man and like I said that reflection in Snakes eye was such a great idea.
Thanks man, I'm going to match the awesomeness that is the style you've used on the others for my Liquid Ocelot Wallpaper. Thanks again bro!

De-mon

tha_con said:
Working on a Liquid Ocelot wallpaper now :D

Alternate resolutions and higher quality images (less compression) are available upon request, just PM me.

Cool. But I like mine too :D

2cwjyc0.jpg

Or...

2psjbpi.jpg

:D

DrBo42

FortunateSon said:
Did you even play the game or are you just looking for some shitstorm? Honestly, stfu.
You're the one looking to start a problem. Oh noes the game you're excited about may not be that great! Good lord whyyyyyyyyy???!?!? Quiet down little boy.

shagg_187 said:

MGS3_Bailout.gif

Your drive and passion is absolute! I salute thee!

big%20boss%20salute.JPG

Lakitu

st5fu
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I don't get it. It isn't like Shagg cannot view the board still. Just delete your cookies and you're set. :lol

Thankfully he was banned in time not to see this post!

De-mon

This wallpaper is not finished. I want to make more with same style about the other characters from the poster.

I´m good (or I believe) with wallpapers (like my never terminated Street Fighter custom theme for PS3), but very lazy with the PS3 icon work.

m0dus and I should work together, it can be mindblowing :D

Excuse my english >_<

DrBo42 said:
You're part of the problem! :lol

Nah. Using a cross reference to the quantifiable awesomeness that MGS3 is all I really need. It's not some pie in the sky pointless rhetoric of things like "it's not perfect" and it's ill, when the irony falls on the fact none of these statements are ever followed by any examples of said "perfection" time and time again by the reviewers. At least I gave a baseline to where I stand. So what is the greatest game ever?

Non-applicable then?

Everyone has their greatest game right, who doesn't? And people will argue against whatever is listed anyway. Hell, depending on my moods and interest from time to time my favorite games tend to shift spots.

ZeroTolerance

Fuck, am watching Metal Gear Retrospective and am getting goosebumps all over just from Watching MG1 for the PS1. Good stuf.. Good stuff.

mileS

I really can't blame shagg_187 for wanting that.

As soon as the GameFaqs spoilers hit some assholes felt the need to post them here then somebody even smarter had to quote it with broken spoiler tags. I only caught a glimpse of one line but if it ends up being true it was a mega bad spoiler to see before the game.

forget the user names but i'm sure it was delt with right away... fuck the people that had to post end game spoilers.. if you've been reading this thread you should know nobody wants to see that shit. And the people that had to break the spoiler tags I hope you're perma-banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom