• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Style

kamorra said:
These banners would also make awesome wallpapers. Seriously, your work is better then most of the official art.

Would make...? I've been using them as wallpapers at work ever since he started the countdown!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm so stoked to play this game - 90 minute cut scenes and all! I'm ready for the over the top-make-no-sense dialog and plot. Hope the boss battles are good!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
SnakeXs said:
photo4d179e.jpg

:D
I hate you. All of you.

4yyt55u.gif

Tomorrow is going to suck while I'm waiting for the UPS guy to drop off the game. I'm just glad the heat broke and I can turn off my AC and open the window. I'll be able to hear the truck. Of course I'll be jumping up and looking outside for every type of truck that drives by. :lol

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
No_Style said:
Would make...? I've been using them as wallpapers at work ever since he started the countdown!

Yes, to be honest I wrote "would" because I couldn't thought of a better word. English is my third (and most troublesome) language.

Deepblue said:
Final pixel count for MGS4 is 1024x768, no AA.

huh?

Actual Question:

Judging on the placement of the screens (weapons, health, etc) it looks like overscan won't screw up the viewing of the game unlike GTA IV which can be a pain. Does that sound right? I can't wait till I get a new HDTV after my wedding!

hmmm question about the game's interface:
Just watch a few seconds of that gameplay video. The threat ring is in?? I was sure they took that out after rumble was implemented. I don't know why I was sure but I was. OR is that something else.

Lakitu

st5fu
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Actual Question:

Judging on the placement of the screens (weapons, health, etc) it looks like overscan won't screw up the viewing of the game unlike GTA IV which can be a pain. Does that sound right? I can't wait till I get a new HDTV after my wedding!

Hopefully instead of a car, you'll get a HDTV as a wedding gift. It'll be parked right outside reception with a bow.

dkeane said:
It's so close. I really don't want to work tomorrow. It's going to suck having the game on my desk, taunting me.

LOl I now what you mean. I won't get to play for a while. I'm going to the Playboy Jazz festival in Hollywood w/ parents girlfriend and her parents. Going to propose marriage to her finally. Got the ring last week!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PIMPBYBLUD said:
LOl I now what you mean. I won't get to play for a while. I'm going to the Playboy Jazz festival in Hollywood w/ parents girlfriend and her parents. Going to propose marriage to her finally. Got the ring last week!

wat :lol

snoopers

I am multitalented
BobTheFork said:
hmmm question about the game's interface:
Just watch a few seconds of that gameplay video. The threat ring is in?? I was sure they took that out after rumble was implemented. I don't know why I was sure but I was. OR is that something else.

It's in.

Huggers

PIMPBYBLUD said:

:lol :lol :lol Come again?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So what does all that pixel res stuff mean?

Did the graphics suddenly transform into the graphics from the PS1?
yes. unfortunately we just thought it was the best looking console game ever :(

tha_con

Banned
Hey guy's, I'm totally going to go into the MGS4 thread and talk about it's resolution, lol, these fuckers are going to get PAID BACK. Halo 3 for fuckin LYFE man. I'm PSYCHED!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

[/deepblue]

Bulla564

Banned
One thing Bruce... about that last banner...

Some of us don't even want to see pictures of characters yet... (I already know who that might be) so thanks for ruining my dry run.

-COOLIO- said:
yes. unfortunately we just thought it was the best looking console game ever :(

Fuck, I knew it was all a heavily modified MSX engine and I feel for it :(

So any ideas about overscan, I just would love (till I get the new tv) not to have the annoying GTA IV type overscan (I know its the TV, but they put the HUD outside the safe area).

Dead

well not really...yet
ARGH

My Gamestop called, theyre no longer having a midnight release despite saying so when I pre-ordered (only a week ago!)

Now I have to wait til tomorrow morning ;_;

Volcynika

Great weather I'm having tonight D:

Now: Scattered showers and thunderstorms continue to develop in the afternoon heat. Some of these storms...mainly the ones east of Interstate 65...have become severe in nature. Large hail...winds gusting to 45 mph and heavy downpours are possible. These storms will continue throughout the evening hours and again could become severe at a moments notice.

:( I wants the bundle from Wal-Mart though! It will be a challenge to get it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bulla564 said:
One thing Bruce... about that last banner...

Some of us don't even want to see pictures of characters yet... (I already know who that might be) so thanks for ruining my dry run.
wat?

it may be a no spoiler thread but the characters we've seen in the trailers is fair game :\

Dead said:
ARGH

My Gamestop called, theyre no longer having a midnight release despite saying so when I pre-ordered (only a week ago!)

Now I have to wait til tomorrow morning ;_;

It may be a screwed up call. I got both the midnight yesterday and the Thursday today. Called the store (which I saw the 10 PM sign at today) and they were like no its tonight lol.

Damn Ashley whats up with that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom