• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulla564 said:
One thing Bruce... about that last banner...

Some of us don't even want to see pictures of characters yet... (I already know who that might be) so thanks for ruining my dry run.

Oh man...Im sorry bro..Only 2 of those characters are in MGS4 and aside from snake the other one
sunny
was revealed in the second trailer. I have not included anything that wasn't known 7 months ago.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Fuck, I knew it was all a heavily modified MSX engine and I feel for it :(

So any ideas about overscan, I just would love (till I get the new tv) not to have the annoying GTA IV type overscan (I know its the TV, but they put the HUD outside the safe area).
Yup, everybody better get used to pressing F4 to open their codec.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Volcynika said:
Great weather I'm having tonight D:

Now: Scattered showers and thunderstorms continue to develop in the afternoon heat. Some of these storms...mainly the ones east of Interstate 65...have become severe in nature. Large hail...winds gusting to 45 mph and heavy downpours are possible. These storms will continue throughout the evening hours and again could become severe at a moments notice.

:( I wants the bundle from Wal-Mart though! It will be a challenge to get it.
:lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I thought the MGO beta was said to be sub HD resolution? Something like 640P? Either way I trust dabooker.

Now, on to serious matters........WHERE AT THE SWEET, SWEET, CHISELED ASS SHOTS OF THE 80GB BOX?!?!?!!?

chris0701

There is a photo function in the game.

For hardcore anyalyst,you could see them if you want.
:lol :lol

The aliasing is very minimal in game,but I do not think it is the result of high AA.

patsu

h3ro said:
We knew this already with MGO. Non-issue considering how gorgeous the MGO Beta was...

^_^ Agreed ! The game world looks entertaining, deep and inviting. That's what counts.

Looks like I won't be able to attend the midnight launch :(
But I got a new pair of headphone thanks to the 5.1 gaming thread.

Can't wait to enter the world of deaths and betrayals.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Muwhahahahhahah i have MGS4 IN MY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: my girlfriend called and wants to go shopping NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111

darkressurection said:

WHAAAAATTTT!!!!
214e286c2132754120384d730cde3c7b.jpg

Konami to me
Balls.jpg

darkressurection said:
USB keyboard connectivity confirmed.
If I watch all first ten simpson's seasons back to back, it should be nearly time to pick it up.
Someone kick that monkey DeepBlue in the peach.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
TEH-CJ said:

Edit: my girlfriend called and wants to go shopping NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111
"NOT TODAY BITCH. NOT TO-FUCKING-DAY."

*hang up*

disclaimer: im sure your gf is a classy lady :)

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bulla564 said:
Understandable, but I have not even seen the trailers apart from anything up to TGS06.
holy, if you've stayed that clean you oughta bail out now.

JUST 5 HOURS AND 10 MINUTES LEFT!!

LiquidMetal14

BobTheFork said:
USB keyboard connectivity confirmed.
If I watch all first ten simpson's seasons back to back, it should be nearly time to pick it up.
Someone kick that monkey DeepBlue in the peach.
:lol :lol What are we like 80 years old here? That language.....No more of that wish wash and hee haw.

TEH-CJ said:

I hear you. I have to go to my sons kindergarten graduation tomorrow at 9am. I have to pick up my copy at 10 am. The game can wait though. I just wish it launched today!

The Hug Dog said:
:lol :lol :lol Come again?

LOL yeah I guess I could of explained better. I'm going to a Jazz festival this weekend with my girlfriend, my parents, and my girlfriends parents. It's awesome, I'm finally going to propose to her. I bought her ring a couple of weeks ago. So I will be gone all weekend and no time to playh MGS, but its for a good reason.

Dead

well not really...yet
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
It may be a screwed up call. I got both the midnight yesterday and the Thursday today. Called the store (which I saw the 10 PM sign at today) and they were like no its tonight lol.

Damn Ashley whats up with that? lol
No, I called the store myself and they confirmed it to me too :(

PIMPBYBLUD said:
LOL yeah I guess I could of explained better. I'm going to a Jazz festival this weekend with my girlfriend, my parents, and my girlfriends parents. It's awesome, I'm finally going to propose to her. I bought her ring a couple of weeks ago. So I will be gone all weekend and no time to playh MGS, but its for a good reason.

Thats sweet. I hid my fiancee's ring in a hallowed out wedding mag I got her (the yes or no was never really any issue just the when), which also had her dress in the mag (the first image that I didn't cut out, crazy huh). John Woo's Hard Boiled FTW!!

Dead said:
No, I called the store myself and they confirmed it to me too :(
Wow, that just sucks. We'll you can try to do a switch deposit, check the midnight opening list at GS.

LiquidMetal14

g35twinturbo said:
you guys bet not start with that rez shyt!

I mean it!
Indeed. Although I do recall reading the MGO beta was sub HD rez. Something like 640p. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BobTheFork said:
Just take a look at the GamerSyde videos, there are no jaggies anywhere to be seen. How do the pixelsprungers even tell if its AA or not.
You mean you seen the intro? If not, please link me to just gameplay.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
LiquidMetal14 said:
Indeed. Although I do recall reading the MGO beta was sub HD rez. Something like 640p. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it was 665p or something like that?

but i thought anything over 480p could get an HD sticker

LiquidMetal14

-COOLIO- said:
do you or do you not want to get this thread up to infinity posts? :mad:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol .......................................................:O

And thanks for the links guys.

Dwayne said:
So, are those t-shirts they are releasing in Japan available online anywhere?
Only on the Uniqlo Japan site, which doesn't ship to the US. I hope that tomorrow the Uniqlo US site will have them up but even then the US is only getting 3 of the 6 shirts being released.

chris0701

wowfactor said:
There is no confirmation of resolution and AA. Deepblue just made stuff up. However, I suspect it to be 1024x768 with 2xAA.

Yes,the image is a little soft(but it's ok on the HDTV),maybe it is indeed through updcale to 720p.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What kind of "Temporal AA" does MGO have? What does that mean exactly?

The resolution 1024x768 just means that the pixels are not square and that there's some vertical AA due to downsampling from 768 to 720 - but there's larger horizontal aliasing due to upsampling from 1024 to 1280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom