• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsete

Gold Member
JudgeN said:
You need to be fucking banned, you came all the way to this happy thread just to try to fuck it up.

Ignore list is a wonderful feature, but it does not work when people quote him. :/

Deepblue

Banned
JudgeN said:
You need to be fucking banned, you came all the way to this happy thread just to try to fuck it up.
Yeah, I suppose starting a new thread for such a trivial detail would have been a better course of action. /sarcasm

dabookerman said:
Does the American game come in a slip case?

The US LE box is a slip case that's cut diagonally...but not metal so if you've seen the pics Asian LE version that's floating around here, then it's the same as the US LE version.

Auron_Kale said:
The US LE box is a slip case that's cut diagonally...but not metal so if you've seen the pics Asian LE version that's floating around here, then it's the same as the US LE version.

Oh, I mean't the standard version. Pal versions of the game have come in Slip cases.

dabookerman said:
Oh, I mean't the standard version. Pal versions of the game have come in Slip cases.

Not that I know of. The only slipcases for the game that I know of are the ones that the KojiPro team are going to be signing.

traveler said:
Quality comments, without specifics, should be welcome here. We've had plenty of positive criticisms that don't spoil the game; I see no reason why we can't have negative ones as well.

Yeah, but that end stuff is awesome. I'll just add that I think it will conclude the series in a truly wonderful and great way.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Frog said:
You can replay the briefings, right? Do you get another chance to get the items when you replay them?

Yep.
Also
characters drop special items when you bump into them with the MK.II

SamuraiX-

Deepblue said:
Yeah, I suppose starting a new thread for such a trivial detail would have been a better course of action. /sarcasm

Exactly. Why are you even posting about it in the first place? Nobody gives a flying fuck.

Requiem

im goin to get my copy signed tomorrow in manhattan...would it be smart to get the actual game disc signed aswell? Im obviously going to be playing it, so would the ink from the marker cause any type of damage or what?

OMGFUCKYES!

MY LE BUNDLE HAS SHIPPING CONFIRMATION!

I WILL BE PLAYING METAL GEAR SOLID 4, TOMORROW!

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry if my over-enthusiasm is too much to bear. I'm just so~ happy! :lol

Blablurn said:
got a question about how to beat some boss. shall i post it in here or shouldl i make another thread?

Post here. Spoiler tag it
Also the goodie bag includes a copy of mgs3 or portable ops, a tshirt and a dog tag

:(

Ceb

How I'm gonna handle the briefings: first I'll watch them without spinning around with Mk. II, then load up a save before the briefing and go through it again, this time focusing on exploring with the Mk. II. Problem solved, nothing missed.

Blablurn said:
ok, two different opinions :/ what now?!

of course i'm going to use spoiler tags :p i just need some help.

Post it, and spoiler tag it. If someone highlights it, it's their fault. The game is out in pretty much half the world now.

Requiem said:
im goin to get my copy signed tomorrow in manhattan...would it be smart to get the actual game disc signed aswell? Im obviously going to be playing it, so would the ink from the marker cause any type of damage or what?

Not a bad idea I write on tons of blanks and its fine. BUT cavet empetor they have no label on them. I say go for the cover or better yet, the essentials box (white box helps it stand out).

AgentOtaku said:
That Gamersyde "gameplay" footage is fucking excellent!
Thanks again Snoopers and crew!!! :D
Hey. Check your email. You might have gotten a shipment confirmation from Konami!

Anyway. I am SO out of here.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT! :D :D :D :D

SamuraiX-

Hey, booker.

How did you handle the briefings on your first playthrough with the game? I'm honestly considered now even touching the Mk. II's interactivity function and just watching the briefing play out in cutscene fashion. Would I be wise to do so? :O

h3ro

I hate to belabor the point, but going back to the resolution/AA debate, its VERY unlikely that a game would have two different methods of rendering/outputting the visuals considering they (MG Story and MGO) will be using lots of the same assets.

Plus, the game looks frickin' hot.

Now back to monkey stealing peaches.

(I swear, the MGO clan better incorporate that tag somewhere) :lol

ZeroTolerance

Blablurn said:
ok! question about first boss battle :|

What's the best way to beat her?

You wont enjoy the game if you keep asking question. Experiment with it son, thats the best way to play the game.

PS: This is coming from someone who don't have the game yet.

Niks

BruceLeeRoy said:
hereuk.jpg

Awesome!

That is all...
bails out...

ZeroTolerance said:
You wont enjoy the game if you keep asking question. Experiment with it son, thats the best way to play the game.

Also ask a g/f or fiancee. Mine figured out for me how to bet Volgin based on years of watching her siblings play Nintendo/SNES/etc and learning boss routines and spotting Volgins. It may be one of the coolest events ever!

h3ro said:
I hate to belabor the point, but going back to the resolution/AA debate, its VERY unlikely that a game would have two different methods of rendering/outputting the visuals considering they (MG Story and MGO) will be using lots of the same assets.

Plus, the game looks frickin' hot.

Now back to monkey stealing peaches.

(I swear, the MGO clan better incorporate that tag somewhere) :lol
GAF Monkey unit. You just need a logo of a monkey with a peach (presumed stolen)

Blablurn said:
ok! question about first boss battle :|

What's the best way to beat her?

Only answer I can give is
shoot her with your most powerful gun, aint found out a trick to doing it yet ;x

SamuraiX- said:
Hey, booker.

How did you handle the briefings on your first playthrough with the game? I'm honestly considered now even touching the Mk. II's interactivity function and just watching the briefing play out in cutscene fashion. Would I be wise to do so? :O

Well, it's worth exploring quickly first time through. There isnt much to explore anyway. Plus you can always mess around after by going to briefings and loading your save data. It saves the items you get.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ZeroTolerance said:

But you might want to check out what happens if you
lay on a bed face up while she is in her "beauty state". Let her come close to you...

SamuraiX-

dabookerman said:
Well, it's worth exploring quickly first time through. There isnt much to explore anyway. Plus you can always mess around after by going to briefings and loading your save data. It saves the items you get.

Yeah... but I really don't want to miss anything... Damn. :lol

How about this, are there any actual valuable items that can be found during the briefings?

KennyLinder said:
Is MGS4 running 60 frames per second like MGS2 did all those years ago?

Nope. Runs at a solid 30 fps, with occasional dips below 30 fps and occasional ups to 60 fps. Depends on how much is happening on screen.

Zen

Banned
If they do a re-release of MGS4 a year from now I hope they can bump the game up to a more constant 60fps. That would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom