• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
h3ro said:
holy shit, i just realized I forgot my konami id pw... i still have my game id pw... am I OK for MGO?

I think you need just the Game ID one. The one being all numbers remember? Do u remember those numbers?

Darkpen

Banned
wow, they're charging for making additional characters? really?

why in the world is all data server-based? I mean, stats and stuff, sure, but why no LAN component?

You know what's gonna suck? Its gonna suck when the MGO servers are gone, and people are left with not being able to do LAN :|

Crateman

Things doesn't look to dandy here in Mexico... apparently there's no official word whether the game will be available tomorrow or not. There's only mixed reports of people who work in retail that the game is already in the warehouses... but that's about it.

The biggest game retailer here -GamePlanet- had a countdown for the game in their website and the countdown ended tomorrow at 11 am -when stores open- but the countdown is gone from the page :(

Alas, even if I get the game tomorrow I would have to rush through it... because on Friday I'm going to Disney with some friends.

Worst case scenario: I buy the game while I'm on the States and play it next week.

At least Disney will keep my mind occupied.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Darkpen said:

You know what's gonna suck? Its gonna suck when the MGO servers are gone, and people are left with not being able to do LAN :|
This one'l be around for a while. Don't you worry.

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm following Kojima's instructions and sneaking out of work after lunch to go pick up my reserved copy. I could have just taken an hour off of work, but where's the fun in that? :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Darkpen said:

why in the world is all data server-based? I mean, stats and stuff, sure, but why no LAN component?

The amount of selfpwnage Konami is pulling off with MGO is incredible. Did the game suck I wouldnt care less. But MGO is awesome, hence here is me facepalming in tears.

MrDaravon

Tom Penny said:
Without a pre order is it even feasible to think I can get the game at midnight? The is a gamespot about 10 minutes from me that is doing it.

If it's a Gamestop you'll probably want to call and check now, my GS said they're completely sold out on all copies for pre-orders, and other people on here have been saying that as well. If you have a big box retailer open at midnight (Best Buy, 24 hour Walmart, etc) you can probably score one there at least.

I paid my preorder off in full a few hours ago (my store isn't doing a midnight launch), and the awesome manager gave me the pre-order artbook since I won't be able to pick it up until later tomorrow, and they might be out by then :).

Is there any way to retrieve your GAME ID password? I think I remember my numbers... I think. So much has happened between now and then... so many numbers.

Haha i find it amusing that I'm playing Mortal Kombat 2 on the PS3 to pass time just a few hours before I play the game of the forever on PS3....thats a hell of a transition

Risby

Why did Europe had to get the butugly cover for our Ltd while japan and USA have two diffrent and complety lovly ones. Gotta collect 'em all now?

TeTr1C

Only 12 hours until I'm at the store picking it up! Shame that my GameStop isn't having a midnight release for this. Kinda sucks, but I can wait. Atleast now I'll get a good sleep.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
btw, is the MGO community page working to anyone? I mean it does work, but upon entering my ID and pass it gives me an error asking me to try later. Is it behaving like this for everyone?

Volcynika

MercuryLS said:
Yeah, I'll give em a call. Thanks.

It was amusing when I called. Some woman answered and I asked when they'd be selling the bundle.

"Uh, well we do those around the holidays and stuff like Christmas"
"This bundle comes out tomorrow'
"Hold on lemme ask someone else"

A guy answered and told me that they will be putting them out at midnight. Yay for knowledgeable people!

N30RYU

The Faceless Master said:
i know what the GAME ID and KONAMI ID are, did you read the rest of what it said about the ability to make one character per console for free?

Yeah, but... it means only one character per console... or per PSN account?

TeTr1C

Oh, and I opened my LE strategy guide. I just needed something to tide me over until the release. I just looked at the beginning of it, the weapons (SO MANY WEAPONS!!!), and the MGO portion of it. Nothing else.

N30RYU

-COOLIO- said:

HOURS

LEFT

UNTIL

THE

GREATEST

GAME

EVER

IS

RELEASED

IN

NORTH AMERICA

Lucky you guys... here in spain we have trasnportists issues with the oil price... and we have to wait till the next week :'(

dork

Banned
Someone going to play some multiplayer so they can level up and create the NeoGaf Clan?

I hope the increased the limit of people this time around.

What sense does it make to have your underperforming console bundled with it's most anticipated game and then have it be limited? The 80GB MGS4 bundle should be everywhere if Sony wants to sell their system..

People want to buy these things, why not flood stores with them??

dork said:
Someone going to play some multiplayer so they can level up and create the NeoGaf Clan?

I hope the increased the limit of people this time around.

You have to be at a certain level to create a clan? Metal Gear!?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You guys should just not bother with this game and go play Splinter Cell instead.

~Kinggi~

Banned
N30RYU said:
Lucky you guys... here in spain we have trasnportists issues with the oil price... and we have to wait till the next week :'(
I heard a bout that. All the truckers have parked their trucks in protest of the gas prices. Serious crap going on over there.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
SonOfABeep said:
What sense does it make to have your underperforming console bundled with it's most anticipated game and then have it be limited? The 80GB MGS4 bundle should be everywhere if Sony wants to sell their system..

People want to buy these things, why not flood stores with them??

Limited sounds special, I really doubt they are really going to have limited Supply though.

lunlunqq

N30RYU said:

WTF??? "transportation issues" due to "oil price???" what kind of excuse is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom