• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

OMG!

dsc01575.jpg

I think I know that guy in the middle holding up the little MGS4 slip! :D

LOL @ people playing Monopoly while they wait. That's the way it's done. :lol

SamuraiX-

Y2Kev said:
LEAVING NOW!!!! OH MY GOOOODDDDDDD

ITS LIKE IM GOING TO THE DELIVERY ROOM TO GO GIVE BIRTH TO A BEAUTIFUL BABBBYYY

Bad example. :lol

That is usually one of the most horrible experiences that a woman must endure. Obviously it's the most beautiful thing in the world when it's over, but every single second from here on out should be pleasant for you. Lucky son of a bitch. :D

Just a quick thought... I've got a question for the people looking for the 80GB bundles. I just checked all the local Best Buys and Future Shops stock and they said that they have them in. If one was to place an order for pickup tomorrow, wouldn't you secure your order?

I think it would be a lot easier for the people looking to grab one if they are not doing a 12AM launch...

SamuraiX- said:
Bad example. :lol

That is usually one of the most horrible experiences that a woman must endure. Obviously it's the most beautiful thing in the world when it's over, but every single second from here on out should be pleasant for you. Lucky son of a bitch. :D
MSG4 is going to totally ruin your vagina. I don't trust my Wal-Mart, so I'm off to see if I can wang a copy out of them now. If not, I'll go back at midnight.

BobTheFork said:
All of them? I just called my local wal-mart, but the guy in the vidoe department didn't understand what I was asking :/ I already pre-ordered but I want this in 3 hours not 13. Should I order online, then try to pick up in store? help!!!! I'm willing to bet they won't have it on the shelf, should I ask someone?
The guy I called at my Wal-Mart was an idiot too. I called asking if they would have the MGS 4 bundles in and I had to repeat it again and he muttered something about those 'not coming out until the 22nd or something' before putting me on hold to check. When he came back on he said they'd have them but that they won't be out until the end of the month...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
AmericanNinja said:
PS3 Fanboy is on location Times Square in New York!

Pictures: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/metal-gear-solid-4-launch-in-times-square/
Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/11/were-here-in-times-square/

Man I wish I could be there! For any gafers going I expect tons of pictures and videos of the event tomorrow morning lol:lol :D

I think you know what needs to be done lol Go in with your tranq. gun and duck tape them until the launch is over lol:lol :lol or send it your MKII and shockz them:D

2572166524_6353d6cca6.jpg

That's my friend in the Blue shirt, lol. I think I see another friend there.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'm getting it tomorrow. Get a good nights rest then wake up, pump one out with MGS4 on my mind, eat some breakfast, pump another one out then run to my nearest Gamestop/CC/BestBuy. Then I'll go home and probably pump one more out THEN I'll play this freakin game.

Snaku

Banned
I rented a 42 inch Sony Bravia from Buddy's Home Furnishings so I could place this in all of its HD glory. :D

45 more minutes.

Wollan

I have played for a couple of hours now, just reached the part where you receive drum can.

I have spent a lot of time, twiddling menus and items, learning different moves from the briefings and just generally getting to know the game.

Initial impressions:
- Wow this game has a clean image
- Wow this game has a smooth framerate (I never really bought that it was 30fps+ from the videos but it truly is). This game is a real looker. Presentation is just beyond. Beyond.
- So many, many touches already. Too many to detail, would have to go minute by minute to explain them all.
- LOL podcast in game.
- Bluetooth Codec calls, so awesome.

The quality at show here just transcends platforms, production values prior to this, internet blabber, bias..etc. Soo good.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Got my standard edition couldnt find the PAL LE at any of the EB's, dirty fucks :( ordered the Asia LE which is the game and making of so yur........ 2 copies for me and will be getting the LE if i ever see it sub 200 bucks.

Sucks though cause i have to wait till next friday most likely to play the fucking thing!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:

Could u elaborate more on this? There are moments in the game where Otacon talks to u without any codec. U just hear him telling you to go there, do that and so on. Is that what you are getting via Bluetooth?

Ploid 3.0

Wollan said:
I have played for a couple of hours now, just reached the part where you receive drum can.

I have spent a lot of time, twiddling menus and items, learning different moves from the briefings and just generally getting to know the game.

Initial impressions:
- Wow this game has a clean image
- Wow this game has a smooth framerate (I never really bought that it was 30fps+ from the videos but it truly is). This game is a real looker. Presentation is just beyond. Beyond.
- So many, many touches already. Too many to detail, would have to go minute by minute to explain them all.
- LOL podcast in game.

The quality at show here just transcends platforms, internet blabber, bias..etc. Soo good.

Oh wow, you can have the codec calls routed to your headset? Very awesome! I loved that in socom single player missions (when you'd get chatter in your headset and mission briefings).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh wow, you can have the codec calls routed to your headset? Very awesome! I loved that in socom single player missions (when you'd get chatter in your headset and mission briefings).

I dont think having the headset plugged in removes the codec conversations per se. I think it's just for stuff Otacon says outside of the codec screen, during gameplay.

But let's wait for Wollan elaboration.

Hurry up people, 11k by 12 EST!

Well the time has come, I am off to pick it up. OMG YES!!!!!

Next time I post it will probably be impressions or something trying to be impressions but it may come out like "OMGOMGMNKYSTLSTHPCH!!!"

elcapitan

I am so hyped. Unfortunately I have a final tomorrow, fortunately it'll be my last and I'll be able to dive straight into some MGS4 love.

Zyzyxxz

elcapitan said:
I am so hyped. Unfortunately I have a final tomorrow, fortunately it'll be my last and I'll be able to dive straight into some MGS4 love.

So do I but its not until 7Pm so I am going to the midnight launch after studying for a bit.

Zyzyxxz said:
Anybody care to tell me the difference between the MGS4 LE strat guide and regular?
The LE looks way cooler, and it comes with 16 pages of art as well as a limited numbered piece of Shinkawa art.

If I had more money, I'd so be getting it along with the headset. :(

So if I went to walmart at midnight or a little after, would it be on shelves or do they wait and put it out at like 9 a.m.?

By the way, I already have the LE preorders at Gamestop just so people don't think I didn't bother to preorder it....I was actually gonna get a copy for my buddy since he is one of those people that doesn't think gaming can do much more than tell a juvenile-level story....and its his birthday....he does not deserve the LE though!

Ploid 3.0

TTP said:
I dont think having the headset plugged in removes the codec conversations per se. I think it's just for stuff Otacon says outside of the codec screen, during gameplay.

But let's wait for Wollan elaboration.

Yeah, now that I think about it, it would be odd to have it during codec calls while the screen is showing the codec screen and no voice coming from the speaker system. I hope it's in use for none codec then.

Come on wollan, pull yourself from the game to answer.

Snaku

Banned
Mattlikewhoa said:
I can't comment till I get my game tomorrow, but I just read the GamesTM review and it was not a great read at all...

We should be able to review reviews, and have our scores averaged out, with higher scored reviews weighing more in the game's metascore.

MercuryLS

Banned
krackerjack said:
So if I went to walmart at midnight or a little after, would it be on shelves or do they wait and put it out at like 9 a.m.?

By the way, I already have the LE preorders at Gamestop just so people don't think I didn't bother to preorder it....I was actually gonna get a copy for my buddy since he is one of those people that doesn't think gaming can do much more than tell a juvenile-level story....and its his birthday....he does not deserve the LE though!

They should be selling it at midnight, but not all of them will be doing it. I know the one near me is, I'm debating whether or not to go.

Zyzyxxz

Mattlikewhoa said:
I can't comment till I get my game tomorrow, but I just read the Euro Gamer review and it was not a great read at all...

I'm trying to avoid reading reviews but what went wrong? Im sure they are entitled to their opinion but what would make their review seem less credible?

SamuraiX-

Corran Horn said:
the 3 80s dropped it to 93.

I still love the fact that they let the haters review the game over on those publishing websites/magazines in Europe. Going back and reading their reviews, it feels like they're trying so hard to find things wrong with the game and don't want to give it a 9/10 or 10/10 so they get more website traffics and magazine purchases. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Latest posts in the Gamersyde MGS4 vids comment section. You'll love this. Awesome reading.

I'm sorry but WTF are you people talking about when you say this is the best looking game this generation? Are we seeing the same game?

The gameplay looks incredibly average, while the cutscenes look nice, yet nothing to be impressed about. I think people are being lead by the AWESOME cutscenes but fail to see how technically lacking the game truly is--or how easily surpassed it is compared to other games.

Textures in general range from average to abysmal. Lighting is just FLAT, and shadows are completely lacking and suffer from artifacts like those in GRAW for example. Animations are truly primitive, and from what I've seen of gameplay, there is basically nothing in regards to physics, everything is sitting still etc. Particles, particularly smoke is again, average/traditional and looks BAD when compared to other games out there.

And although the following is very much my opinion, the gameplay--especially what I saw up there--is just shallow, and outdated as hell. If anyone can tell me what exactly this game is doing in terms of gameplay worth praising please do let me know. It's not even doing lots of things great and putting them all to work, it is like a bunch of averagely implemented gameplay mechanics. The AI was totally abysmal too.

In other words, this game is shaping up to be one of the most overrated games in history of gaming. It isn't so much what the reviewer scores are, but what they are NOT saying of the game. And I think it is a good game, it looks to be just that, and that is all.

...There's something not right about this game...

It just "looks" like it's supposed to be all real and bad ass, but when I watch these videos, the voice acting seems kinda weak. ...Like the developers just got the 1st English speaking people possible to voice act for them, CoD 4's voice acting sounds better.

And what's with the Gekoes sounding like cows? I suppose it's interesting and mysterious, but why a cow? 100 years in the future did all the cows of the world get mad cow disease, lose two legs and go crazy? Did their crazines drive their evolution to develope 2-legged jumper suits with mounted chain-guns?

...Gayyyy

Ploid 3.0

Snaku said:
We should be able to review reviews, and have our scores averaged out, with higher scored reviews weighing more in the game's metascore.

I wish that was possible. It would just leave open a vent for people that hate the console that the game was released on. But stuff like the GTA4 reviews (which failed to tell us about the fact that the fun stuff wasn't in the game, and it was more of a mission game with little self fun to create) makes me wish they had been afraid of the review of their review before leaving stuff like that out.

Darkpen

Banned
every time I check metacritic and look at those little blurbs for MGS4, I can't help but feel infinite rage for these reviewers :(

Its like "oh, its the best game ever.... for MGS fans onry"

Its like, their entire review is "It looks okay... I guess"

Yes, their review is equated to a fucking gaf meme, and you know its true.

oh my fucking god

I'm going to sleep :(

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom