• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Muffdraul said:
Whatever you do, don't look in the Penny Arcade thread...

Oh I heard about that, but at least they were kind enough not to do it in our glorious thread.

Anyway, MGS4 is finally upon us and it just feels way too surreal. Can't wait to be playing it tomorrow morning. :D

BROTHER! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!

Mattlikewhoa said:
Woooo...My LE PS3 has shipped from Konami!!! So I should be receiving my Japanese LE PS3 tomorrow and the NA Konami one Friday...Good times...

Holy shit I just checked and my Gun Metal God Bundle shipped motherfuckers !!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Greg

Well, those plans with the girls failed horribly and ended up lasting for about 2 hours.

It's now 12:14 and I live about 15 minutes from the Gamestop... guessing it would be closed down by the time I got there.

I work tomorrow afternoon, so I turned midnight gaming success into a failure.

No_Style

SamuraiX- said:
Awesome job with everything man. So many bailed out in fear of spoilers, but all of us here were the select few to bear it until the end... And no account suiciders! Even on the eve of the release of MGS4 in the US! I applaud you GAF!

Stay classy. :D

One casualty. Went with a smile on his/her face, though.

AgentOtaku said:
Holy shit I just checked and my Gun Metal God Bundle shipped motherfuckers !!!!!

Congrats. Did you pay for super fast shipping?

Kowak

Banned
It is so amazing, got a signed kojima version and have been playing it the last four hours. love it so much, back to it now.

So as someone who loved the first, didn't care for the second, never bothered to finish the third, and doesn't own a PS3, would you recommend this game to me? Because somehow I still really want this game.

Kowak

Banned
It is so amazing, got a signed kojima version and have been playing it the last four hours. love it so much, back to it now.

Simo

YO CHECK IT!!!

Looks like the Japanese PSN store updated for MGS4's release as they've got a "Hagane" PS3 theme up for download including 4 different wallpapers!:D

Those of you not getting midnight launched, CHECK LOCAL WAL MARTS. I have a preorder for tomorrow but I found out I can get it at Wally Wank at midnight so I'm snagging it early. You should all try as hard as possible to be like me.

No_Style

ratcliffja said:
So as someone who loved the first, didn't care for the second, never bothered to finish the third, and doesn't own a PS3, would you recommend this game to me? Because somehow I still really want this game.

I wouldn't know. I haven't played the game yet. You were probably drawn in by the gravitational force of this huge yet awesome thread.

Duderz

Banned
So I could pick it up tonight at midnight, but I have a pretty important class meeting tomorrow, and you people are getting me all riled up for the game.

Should I get it tonight? (Do I really need to ask?!)

No_Style

brandonh83 said:
FUCK

I HAS IT

IT'S RIGHT HERE

I NEED SCISSORS

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I LOVE YOU ALL, SEXUALLY

<3?

So when are spoilers permitted in this thread? I won't be able to play until after work tomorrow.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The world will change.

snake1.jpg

Everyone come back safely. Stay safe soldiers.

*salute*

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh dang one last thing.
Its been a pleasure waiting with you guys I think this was one of the few through and through
awesome threads to be in aside from a few spoiler scares so thanks a lot.
And pictures of cow-eating spiders.

Teknoman

Wait, the framerate is better/ higher than MGO beta? Or is it a locked at a smooth 30ish looking framerate, or even better than that?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm so pumped for this game. I hope I can actually get everything tomorrow so I can finally contribute something to this awesome, awesome thread. To all that are playing now, I salute you.

Bulla564

Banned
Gentleman, it has been a pleasure waiting with you.

The day is upon us, and I will be going to bed. It is T minus 9 hours 27 minutes until I get my hands on the game, and I now officially depart the internet until then.

I am proud to have survived spoiler-free since TGS06 (even after browsing the LE guide). No other game has made me do this (including feeling like a hyped up 12yr old again), and I will enjoy every second of MGS4.

SALUTE!!

P.S. Props to Bruce. This thread is legendary and shall forever be one of the best.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Just watched the intro and OMG I already came.

Plus, I&m not sure of it, but there might be a trailer for a new game from kojima. I dunno though, i'm soo baked.

Where are the reviews for this game? I want to believe! I never really got into an MGS game but I have this game preordered and paid in full, I just need something to tell me I should just go get it and enjoy.

Picked up my LE + art book. I finished the game install and I'm now downloading the v1.01 update for MGO. About 60% done with that, but unfortunately I have a big day at the office tomorrow so I will be going to sleep here before long. I wish everyone the best of luck with their play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom