• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

TTP said:
Latest posts in the Gamersyde MGS4 vids comment section. You'll love this. Awesome reading.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh, man. I love haters. They're such intriguing creatures the way they try to justify their non-interest (read: jealousy) of a game through biased and unsubstantial criticisms. The guy from the first quote says everything is average and it's overhyped and keeps saying there are "better games" out there, yet never gives examples. The second just sounds like he's confused and is still struggling to put his thoughts into words about what he thinks of the game. :lol

rod

Banned
just finished act 1 and i can safely say this surpases all my expectations so far. and then some. wow.just.wow.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The Patriots are controlling the digital flow of gaf information. They are the cause of the 500 errors.

7 minutes!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
nbyqfm.png

Don't matter.

Borrowed from the Ninja Gaiden 2 thread and it holds true here.

karasu

I've decided to put MGS4 on hold so I an get a better receiver first. Now it's really going to be tough to avoid spoilers.

rubso

Banned
while you're waiting to pick up the game, I already picked it up and beat it.
absolutely amazing and it's the best in the series! :D

ACT4 where I had to stand up in front of the screen drooling, Shadow Moses in MGS4 graphics ;_;

Dwayne

TTP said:
I dont think having the headset plugged in removes the codec conversations per se. I think it's just for stuff Otacon says outside of the codec screen, during gameplay.

But let's wait for Wollan elaboration.

Details!!!

Teknoman

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh wow, you can have the codec calls routed to your headset? Very awesome! I loved that in socom single player missions (when you'd get chatter in your headset and mission briefings).

Oh man it would be cool to hear the codec call noise in your headset.

Duderz

Banned
I haven't been following the thread at all for fear of spoilers, but just wanted to say, enjoy the game everyone, and see you all following some serious playtime with it!

Ahh, we've waited so long for this!

Oh dang one last thing.
Its been a pleasure waiting with you guys I think this was one of the few through and through
awesome threads to be in aside from a few spoiler scares so thanks a lot.

mozfan12

Banned
who the fuck cares about the score! or metacritic

both MGS 2 and 3 had an average of 91 and I would still consider them better games than most of the stuff that gets higher scores. Its all subjective and a large portion of the higher scores are built by hype. The MGS solid series is a very love it or hate it thing, the eurogamer review even stated that for those who love MGS, 4 will be more of the things we love but the hate will continue to thrive.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh dang one last thing.
Its been a pleasure waiting with you guys I think this was one of the few through and through
best thread i've ever seen in neogaf

*salute*

SamuraiX-

BruceLeeRoy said:
Oh dang one last thing.

Awesome job with everything man. So many bailed out in fear of spoilers, but all of us here were the select few to bear it until the end... And no account suiciders! Even on the eve of the release of MGS4 in the US! I applaud you GAF!

Stay classy. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mozfan12 said:
who the fuck cares about the score! or metacritic

both MGS 2 and 3 had an average of 91 and I would still consider them better games than most of the stuff that gets higher scores. Its all subjective and a large portion of the higher scores are built by hype. The MGS solid series is a very love it or hate it thing, the eurogamer review even stated that for those who love MGS, 4 will be more of the things we love but the hate will continue to thrive.

Metal Gear Solid 5
Gayyyyys of the Hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom