• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guled

BobTheFork said:
I'll say again, that OP is amazing! I thought I knew it all, but I read everything and I just learned something I didn't know about vamp :|

Edit: MGS takes place ONE YEAR after MG2, again I did not know that. I've seen the timeline before but I didn't think about it. That seemed way too soon
It takes place 6 years after. MG2 takes place in 1999 and MGS takes place 2005

Frog

Strangely enough, that official timeline from Kojima's website that Killthee posted is not correct! Here's the correct timeline:

Snake Eater: 1964
Portable Ops: 1970-1971
Metal Gear: 1995
Metal Gear 2: 1999
Metal Gear Solid: 2005
Sons of Liberty: 2007, 2009
Guns of the Patriots:

dkeane

It'll take me until October to go through all his. INSANE.

It's like a website within a thread within a website. >>> head explodes

elcapitan

"The themes and desktops are awesome, not only that, but nearly every part of this thread has been expertly crafted and customized."

/Naked Snake

Bruce, you are a shoe-in for Best Thread at this years National Internet Awards (The coveted Inty).

Thread question, what about characters we don't know are in the game yet, will info be added once its released and it becomes public knowledge?

GeoramA said:
:lol

Best thread ever. Gonna check and see how the PS3 browser handles the first page.

My PS3 gave me a not enough memory warning after viewing the OP and trying to download a bunch of wallpapers. :lol

Thread question, what about characters we don't know are in the game yet, will info be added once its released and it becomes public knowledge?

*deleted*

Fenix

:bow @ OP.

Wow, fantastic job to everyone that was involved. The thread gained a couple of pages as I was reading the damn thing :D .

Now to continue...

SamuraiX-

Posting in thread of awesomely epic proportions.

Awesome job on the official thread, Bruce! Same to everyone else to chipped in. I knew you said it would be a very pimpin' thread, but talk about overachieving. Best official thread in GAF history indeed. :D

13 days to go, bitches!

BobTheFork said:

This is a very interesting question because the official site just updated with new characters. I guess it's up to EviLore though.

scoobs

I've already decided to sell off my 360 and games so I can get a ps3 and still have plenty of money to pay bills haha :)

Don't worry though, my roommate has a 360 already so I'll still get to enjoy any new games.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
bowdown.gif
BruceLeeRoy

bang.gif
you ROCK!!!

MINE

SRG01

Some things:

- There are some additional review scores in the Swedish LEVEL thread.
- There is a significant chunk of information missing on the Metal Gear backstory from Portable Ops namely
the involvement of Ocelot and Zero, Gray Fox, and so forth

Red Scarlet

That's a big-ass OP. :lol

I have no way of playing this game in the foreseeable future, so any of you guys with a capture card and can get good at the game soon, I'd love to see a playthrough video.

careksims

My fellow Gamers! We are in for something truly epic here. 2 more weeks baby! Still on media blackout though X_x;

I agree! We need this to be stickied!

Guy Legend

It's been mentioned, but there's a big inaccuracy in the hardware section. Europe is not getting an 80gb system.

Other than that, excellent thread.

Alright the official website update for today features new characters, 2 new music tracks (Patriots and At Dawn) and a PSP wallpaper of Meryl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom