• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP Pre-load up on PSN

jsnepo

Anyone with the PS3 version direct download link, the one being used for the proxy thing? I'd like to download it on my PC since I don't have access to my PS3 right now.

hwy_61

Banned
I have not yet PRE Ordered, if it's 12 eastern i would right now, but if it's 3am, i wont bother and just grab it physical in the morning

Well, if you trust the word from people ITT, then it is going to be 12EST.

And I'd trust these folks. GAF isn't going to do you wrong!

neoism

Jesus tap dancing Christ rest mode is fucking COMPLETELY POINTLESS... 3 hours in rest mode only downloaded 6 gbs.... fucking
WASTE OF TIME

RAGEFACE...... man PSN is fucking garbage

:(

Jesus tap dancing Christ rest mode is fucking COMPLETELY POINTLESS... 3 hours in rest mode only downloaded 6 gbs.... fucking
WASTE OF TIME

soooo....you'll easily have it finished in time to play when it unlocks.

i get that psn is slow, but preload download speeds are largely irrelevant if you have 24+ hours to get the game

WASTE OF TIME

Im sure once it gets to work on the download overnight it'll be done or at least almost done and then you'll have till midnight tomorrow to finish it off!

neoism

soooo....you'll easily have it finished in time to play when it unlocks.

i get that psn is slow, but preload download speeds are largely irrelevant if you have 24+ hours to get the game

kappa still im one of those weird users that does not like using rest mode... as soon as its dun I turn my system off... but if its not using full bandwidth in rest mode its pointless.. I just dont want this to take all day... :(

todd360

kappa still im one of those weird users that does not like using rest mode... as soon as its dun I turn my system off... but if its not using full bandwidth in rest mode its pointless.. I just dont want this to take all day... :(

Who cares? It will be ready before the game unlocks at the rate its going for you in rest mode.

Edit: Not defending psn or anything. It still isn't as good as we want it to be. Just saying that it's not a huge deal in this situation.

Griss

I can't believe PSN has stopped accepting my debit card for no reason at all, and the online PSN cards I bought we refunded because they ran out of Irish ones.

I should be preloading right now, dammit. That's what I was expecting. Instead I might not be able to get the game for a month or more. Fuck...

At least I won't have to rush the end of the Witcher 3 tonight.

neoism

Who cares? It will be ready before the game unlocks at the rate its going for you in rest mode.

Edit: Not defending psn or anything. It still isn't as good as we want it to be. Just saying that it's not a huge deal in this situation.

Yeah I understand mang but I get all weird when i get close to launches.. like my system will explode type shit.. its fucked me over in the past and other than say bloodborne this game will be my gotg.... even destiny ttk aside.. :p I just hope its kind to me.. :p

Fisty

I did a normal restart and now it's as if I haven't even pre-ordered the game. What's going on?

Go into safe mode and restore licenses. This happens every once in a while to most folks. After that it should start by itself, if not go back into the store listing and click through to begin download

I had to start up the PS4 then go to the store and view the pre-order page with the countdown timer to get the pre-load to kick off.

then it started and is coming in at about my pathetic download speed of 8 megabit. Since it is over 24 hours till its unlocked, it should still be ok. Anyone going or wanting to go faster than that is not going to be able to use the extra speed anyway as they can't play until it unlocks.

11 pm Central?

Bg1mMFu.jpg

DNAbro

I see people already saw that the patch is up. I also got a Ground Zeroes patch as well so i wonder what's that about.

J-bo

Was worried about the 12 PST unlock, but showing that it unlocks at 10PM mountain! So happy I don't have to wake up at 1AM!

usp84

WTF i just pre-ordered the game from PSN but no pre-load.It doesnt download anything.

What do i have to do?Please i am freaking out!

Cubed

WTF i just pre-ordered the game from PSN but no pre-load.It doesnt download anything.

You should just have to go into your library on the XMB and it'll be in there... click on it to start all the downloads. You'll get about a 500mb patch and 5GB file to start, then once the 5GB file is done it'll change to a 27GB file and continue downloading (that's the full game).

Well I caved in and ended up triple dipping. I'm playing this god damn game one way or another. I can't trust the pc version to work flawlessly and I don't expect my CE to arrive on launch day.

usp84

You should just have to go into your library on the XMB and it'll be in there... click on it to start all the downloads. You'll get about a 500mb patch and 5GB file to start, then once the 5GB file is done it'll change to a 27GB file and continue downloading (that's the full game).

I did that but all it has is a timer that says "15h11m45s". I have auto download on and the "Expected Auto-Download Date" is 31/08/2015 which is today.

But nothing is downloading...

totallydied

Neo Member

Which PSN US or EU?

Currently, the pre-load is only available for the US PSN, EU is still waiting for the pre-load to be initiated.

I guarantee you, if you pause/resume often enough, you'll get a decent download speed that's at least half of your normal speed. In my case I get 50mb/s out of my 100mb/s connection.

Top Bottom