• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP Pre-load up on PSN

For anyone preloading whats the time it opens up? It says Midnight Pacific on storefront but Midnight Eastern on Preorder page. If I can play it Monday night that may be a determining factor for me.

It opens up at 12AM Eastern which for me living in Texas means it will unlock at 11PM monday night

fritzo

my CE is coming but I'm tempted to just preorder so I can play at 11pm Monday

same here. I couldn't wait to play Ground Zeroes. So I bought it Monday night. By that time it was too late to cancel my Amazon order. So I bought it twice. No regrets. But this time I'm waiting for my CE. Since that was $100 plus tax and shipping.

neoism

damn was doing good for awhile got to about 8 gbs... 45 hours left..

-________________________________________________________________-

fuck ima just go into rest mode... I always get scared the power will go out of something though... does anyone knows what happens if your in rest mode and the power goes out... do you just have to rebuild database or something would hate to have to redownload.....?

neoism

It opens up at 12AM Eastern which for me living in Texas means it will unlock at 11PM monday night

:O O: :OOOOOOOOOOOO OMG I thought it wasn't til 3am est ...
o man ima have to change my mind then I guess I was gonna go to bed early Monday night and get up real early Tuesday morning and start guess I'll start at 12 am....
when will the day one patch start... I really dont want to have to download more shit at the start of 12m....
I swear they should make it so its READY TO PLAY at 12.... i really dont like to play without it fully updated and with all day one dlc..

fuck ima just go into rest mode... I always get scared the power will go out of something though... does anyone knows what happens if your in res mode and the power goes out... do you just have to rebuild database or something would hate to have to redownload.....?

It happened to me during my GTAV download I think a thunder storm made my power flicker and I think it just stopped the download where it was at, but that was about 6 months ago so I don't remember it too well.

Aenima

does anyone knows what happens if your in rest mode and the power goes out... do you just have to rebuild database or something would hate to have to redownload.....?

Think it will resume the download from where it stoped. At least is what happens when i turn off the console at a middle of a download.

Gurish

The theme is static, but it looks good, but it's such a shame there is no music (just the default tune), why is it so hard to put some effort? I pre-ordered your game, how hard is it to slap some of the iconic MGS's soundtracks? so lazy, even the free Journey theme on PSN has music.

:O O: :OOOOOOOOOOOO OMG I thought it wasn't til 3am est ...
o man ima have to change my mind then I guess I was gonna go to bed early Monday night and get up real early Tuesday morning and start guess I'll start at 12 am....
when will the day one patch start... I really dont want to have to download more shit at the start of 12m....
I swear they should make it so its READY TO PLAY at 12.... i really dont like to play without it fully updated and with all day one dlc..

Im pretty sure with the digital version you're getting all the patches with your initial download, it's discs that need to have another update once it installs. If all else fails just leave your ps4 in rest mode when you stop playing monday night/ Tuesday morning and any patches that comes up will download automatically

Kiyo

Anyone having trouble starting the preload on PS4? I can't seem to get it to start at all. Just shows the timer for release.

edit: Nevermind. Restore licenses fixed problem.

weekev

Banned
Why the hell is digital £20 more expensive than physical in the UK? I mean, you even get more content with the physical version.

Aenima

Why the hell is digital £20 more expensive than physical in the UK? I mean, you even get more content with the physical version.

They are the same price, but some retail stores just sell it for cheaper. Thats why i always buy in physical. Here in Portugal is the same thing.

I think by default the full price of a digital game should always be at least 10€ cheaper, but they end being more expensive :p

The Argus

Does this include all the "Day 1 Edition" freebies, or are the extras different from the physical version? Was going to get a physical copy after work Tuesday but as I slowly move to digital only I may just forget about the paper map altogether.

RangerBAD

Im pretty sure with the digital version you're getting all the patches with your initial download, it's discs that need to have another update once it installs. If all else fails just leave your ps4 in rest mode when you stop playing monday night/ Tuesday morning and any patches that comes up will download automatically

There's a Day 1 patch?

Staring at the game in my games and apps and not being able to open it must be what torture is like, I don't have a desire to play anything else right now except for this, Monday night can't come soon enough!

Does this include all the "Day 1 Edition" freebies, or are the extras different from the physical version? Was going to get a physical copy after work Tuesday but as I slowly move to digital only I may just forget about the paper map altogether.

Pretty positive the day one stuff is the same between digital and physical, except the map obviously

Isn't that smaller than MGSIV?

Wouldn't be surprised. That game had like 9 hours of cutscenes, plus those TV programs that were super high image quality

Bought physical buyt I wish it was digital so I could just start playing tomorrow night. The wait for this game has been difficult

Salbug

giphy.gif

It's finally almost here gentlemen. Give me now please. Trying my best to contain myself.

The Argus

Pretty positive the day one stuff is the same between digital and physical, except the map obviously

Awesome, thanks!

The best part of the preload on the PS4 is there's no waiting for the game to install. I remember everyone complaining about the GTAV install times when I was in the game at 12:00am on the dot.

I'm in US EST and I see Midnight PT on the Pre-Order Box, Midnight ET on the full splash page, and Midnight PT on the Read More section.

Also for anyone that hasn't noticed, the pre-order bonuses are different on PSN compared to what Amazon lists.

I'm in US EST and I see Midnight PT on the Pre-Order Box, Midnight ET on the full splash page, and Midnight PT on the Read More section.

Also for anyone that hasn't noticed, the pre-order bonuses are different on PSN compared to what Amazon lists.

Saw that too. 9 PT confirmed though! So much for sleeping on Monday!

Juan_Solo

Neo Member
In case it happens to someone else: I went to the PSN store and told it download my pre order but it was not happening. The page for the game was acting kinda frozen (mouse pointer had the blue "working" icon going) and if i opened a new browser window I could see the game in the PSN store Download Queue but nothing was happening.

Rebooted my PS4 = Problem Solved.

When I went to download my most wanted game its the time my PS4 decides to download super slow, Thanks PS4 I trusted you ):

I pre-ordered Mgsv on August 8th.Yesterday I noticed MgsV was no longer in my library. I didn't stress it much figuring it was just another weird glitch.
Today when pre-load was up I tried to start it from web store. To my disbelief, saw "pre-order payment failed". This makes no sense as it was payed in full weeks ago and was counting down in my library until yesterday.
Moments ago I tuned on my ps4 and was greeted to MgsV downloading (not the 4 dlc, however). I am afraid of it not unlocking correctly and wondering about the dlc.
I called support and was told to call on Monday. I live in the US so was charged immediately when I pre-ordered, which makes it so weird that it got like this week's later.

Cubed

So, I'm going to be that guy and ask a question that's already been answered in this thread:

It is definitely unlocking at 12am EST, correct?

I know 2 people said "yes," but where's the proof? I just really don't want to be burned like I was by TLOU and GTA V on PS3 back when I was digital only before buying my PS4. Everything I see say 12AM PST.

So, I'm going to be that guy and ask a question that's already been answered in this thread:

I know 2 people said "yes," but where's the proof? I just really don't want to be burned like I was by TLOU and GTA V on PS3 back when I was digital only before buying my PS4. Everything I see say 12AM PST.

I'm not at my ps4 right now but I'm sure someone can go to the countdown clock see the remaining time and do the math to confirm the actual unlock time

Well when you try to launch the app it gives you a countdown. The countdown is until 12 AM EST, so I guess that confirms it?

Changing the time zone does not seem to affect it either.

Cubed

I'm not at my ps4 right now but I'm sure someone can go to the countdown clock see the remaining time and do the math to confirm the actual unlock time

Well when you try to launch the app it gives you a countdown. The countdown is until 12 AM EST, so I guess that confirms it?

Changing the time zone does not seem to affect it either.

Cool. Thanks, guys.

I think I'm going digital, then. That way I'm gaming right past midnight!

Top Bottom