• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP Pre-load up on PSN

I can't believe PSN has stopped accepting my debit card for no reason at all, and the online PSN cards I bought we refunded because they ran out of Irish ones.

I should be preloading right now, dammit. That's what I was expecting. Instead I might not be able to get the game for a month or more. Fuck...

At least I won't have to rush the end of the Witcher 3 tonight.

happened to me as well with 2 debit cards, 1 credit card and a paypal account. Something is funky at the moment for sure.

Is the preload up on PSN?

Is unlock time based on our IP? I'm in Ireland and bought my digital copy from the U.S. PS Store and it will unlock at 5am local time on Sep 1st.

It won't unlock early if I set my ps4 clock to New Zealand time or something?

I'm desperate.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
11h20m until the game is "playable" and still no pre load for EU PSN.

Yeah. Pre-load on PS4 is a hit and miss. To be honest, I still don't understand how automatic downloads really work. Sometimes I turn on my system, and it notifies me that it has downloaded something. At other times I turn it on, and it just starts to download something right after booting it up.

Ill Saint

I can't believe PSN has stopped accepting my debit card for no reason at all, and the online PSN cards I bought we refunded because they ran out of Irish ones.

Same problem with me. I had the game pre-ordered for a while, and then the other day I got an email from Sony stating that my "pre-order has been cancelled due to payment failure." Never had issues with my card before on PSN, and funds were available with auto-fund wallet on. I tried to top up my wallet manually and get a 'credit card details invalid' error.

The whole thing really put a massive dampener on my enthusiasm for the game, sadly. Resorted to buying US PSN cards and buying it from the American store, but still very disappointed.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Same problem with me. I had the game pre-ordered for a while, and the other I get an email stating that my "pre-order has been cancelled due to payment failure." Never had issues with my card before on PSN, and funds were available with auto-fund wallet on. I tried to top up my wallet manually and get a 'credit card details invalid' error.

Had the same problem. Suddenly, my credit card stopped working on PSN. All of my other credit cards and PayPal didn't work as well. Everything is ok on my side, my cards still work everywhere else, and my bank told me that they haven't received any payment request from Sony.

I had to buy PSN credit on Amazon... PSN really sucks ass sometimes.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Jesus tap dancing Christ rest mode is fucking COMPLETELY POINTLESS... 3 hours in rest mode only downloaded 6 gbs.... fucking
WASTE OF TIME

RAGEFACE...... man PSN is fucking garbage

:(

The trick is to stop-resume the download until you get a connection to a nearby PSN download server, there are about 10 of them and it is random which one you get connected to, you can for example get connected to one halfway around the world instead of one 50 miles away (thus seemingly the shit speeds a lot of the time).

I'm overzealous and monitor the connection via a sniffer on my PC until I get a server I want and then leave it be. You should be fine with just checking the speeds after stop-resuming though. If it's a quick server it picks up after a few moments.

I'm sure there are other things that can impact speeds but what server you get is I'd say the main external one.

I said this in the other thread, but according to an email I got from Sony after I purchased MGSV, it said 10pm, so that's 1hrs from now, but don't quote me on that. :)

Woodchipper

I just tried to removed my credit card and add it again, but it says the card number is invalid. Wtf is going on, seriously!?

Xater

What? How do you know this?

By checking?

It's bullshit. Why can't the pre-loads always just start 2-3 days before release?

If I remember correctly Bloodborne was the last release during which SCEE also fucked up the pre-load.

I haven't bought this digital, but this preload practice of Sony is pretty awful and I don't know what the fuck their problem is to put it up on before the weekend. Holy shit.

Withnail

SCEE used to put preloads up really early until they got badly burned by GTAV PS3 (which was decrypted by hackers and then all details of the game leaked online). Since then they've become over cautious and put them up at the last possible moment. It sucks.

EU (Or at least the UK) preload is now up! Just started it by going on the title in my library and finally the download button was there!

Top Bottom