• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

So I officially just finished the game. It's a blast to play and just doing the side ops and missions how you want as you develop newer gear and weapons is a fun time. I'm sad this is the last one. Hopefully Kojima can bring us something great yet again with his new endeavor. Snake...
RIP

Current/Upcoming Non-Security Device Online Development Items:
Pistols
AM D114LB-9
☆10 AP rounds with maxed penetration stat
☆11 sliver of +damage
WU S324LB
☆8 closer grouping and high-damage rounds
AM A114 RP
☆10, ☆11 +4 rounds
TORNADO-6
☆3 ricochet rounds
☆5 +damage, +12 rounds
☆6 +damage, +6 rounds
☆7 +damage, +18 rounds

SMGs
ZE'EV-10
☆9 H supressor, +damage
☆10, ☆11 +damage
RIOT SMG
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 sliver of +damage

Assault Rifles
AM MRS-4R
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
UN-ARC-NL
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
G44-9
☆8 NV scope, + damage (scope usable on other guns as second option with dot sights).

Shotguns
S1000 AIR-S
☆8 M suppressor, +damage

Sniper Rifles
AM MRS-71 RIFLE
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
AM MRS-73 NL
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
BRENNAN LRS-46
☆10 M supressor, +damage
SERVAL AMR-7
☆8 +barrel accuracy, +damage
MOLOTOK-68
☆9 big, yellow, bolt-action, anti material rifle with a near maxed damage stat and 40 ammo.
LMGs
ALM 48
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
UN-AAM-NL
☆5 stun round conversion
☆6, ☆7 +mag count, +damage

Launchers
FB MR R-L NLSP.
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +2 ammo, +damage
KILLER BEE
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +locking speed, +damage
CGM 25
☆8 +locking speed, +2 ammo, +damage
FB MR R-L FLTN
☆5 fulton conversion with 4 missiles (not ready it just shoots smoke right now)
☆6, ☆8, ☆10, ☆11 +2 ammo

Throwing
E-STUN DECOY
☆9, ☆10 +effect range
HAND GRENADE
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
STUN GRENADE
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +damage
FOM DECOY
☆5 decoy x5, fob-restricted item
☆7, ☆8 +2 ammo, +duration

Fatigues
Special Fatigues
BATTLE DRESS & SNEAKING SUIT
☆9 +defense, security staff will equip stealth camo for x time upon detecting intruder
☆10, ☆11 +defense
SNEAKING SUIT (other)
☆9, ☆10, ☆11 +defense

Standard Fatigues
14 urban
12 greenery
3 rocky
2 river/swamp

Standard Fatigues by category:
Urban
CAMOUFLAGE GREEN
nzSFxn4.png

CAMOUFLAGE YELLOW
E5rN97W.png

DARK RUBBER
zVn2RoV.png

DARK RUST
W5PtrRr.png

DESERT SAND
jkSMlV3.png

GRAY
y2aBYeF.png

IRON GREEN
U6BpexZ.png

LIGHT RUBBER
Kv5XZlc.png

MUD
4kJp6J1.png

RED RUST
GTpZvuG.png

STEEL BLUE
BW9efiQ.png

STEEL GREEN
ZYKmumC.png

STEEL KHAKI
PTHkqZF.png

STEEL ORANGE
SXmw4U8.png

Greenery
BIRCH LEAF
n4LEEWA.png

BIRCH LEAF 2T
j68azEO.png

CITRULLUS
WfkhImS.png

CITRULLUS 2T
q15WLDr.png

DEAD LEAF FLECK
ORt2DpN.png

DESERT AMBUSH
fBsLrkx.png

GOLD TIGER 2T
8hVF95d.png

GRASS
6zYcCjC.png

KHAKI URBAN 2T
Px5zXka.png

RIPPLE
stYNdhk.png

NIGHT SPLITTER
I4IMpjF.png

STONE 2T
TdCEjBK.png

Rocky
GREEN TIGER
MahyHsC.png

NIGHT BUSH
PFEwHQh.png

ZEBRA
FpnDNpa.png

River/Swamp
DIGITAL BUSH
wcBW2Ao.png

RAIN
8kqhEEn.png

(Pretty sure Precious Metals aren't used to expand the base, by the way.)

Yes. Precious Metal is a requirement for many ☆6 and above weapons and items. Every other material can be used for base expansion. Fuel Resources and Common Metals are required for expanding most of the available platforms.

All those fatigue colors and camo are being added with one patch and you can just develop them? (opposed to being FOB event points unlocks)

Such a nice variety, especially all the camo .

All those fatigue colors and camo are being added with one patch and you can just develop them? (opposed to being FOB event points unlocks)

Such a nice variety, especially all the camo .

These are FOB-specific fatigues, all but three of the patterns pictured above have yet to be released. But they are on the way and not too problematic to unlock!

Kindekuma

Banned
These are FOB-specific fatigues, all but three of the patterns pictured above have yet to be released. But they are on the way and not too problematic to unlock!

I want more fatigues! Those are my favorite rewards from FOB events. Don't really care about getting weapon blueprints or soldiers. Last weapon blue print I got it requires like lvl 120 staff (I have level 80-90). Ridiculous.

I want more fatigues! Those are my favorite rewards from FOB events. Don't really care about getting weapon blueprints or soldiers. Last weapon blue print I got it requires like lvl 120 staff (I have level 80-90). Ridiculous.

I agree! The weapon blueprints may as well be exclusive to players who have multiple FOBs given the requirements.

I have a question for all the people that hated MGS:V because of its story and say they never want to play the game again. Did you watch the cutscenes everytime you replayed the previous games? I've seen people in this thread saying they beat MGS 3 20 times and MGS 2 20 times etc. etc., but they were so happy when they beat MGS:V because they would never have to play it again becausr the story was dissapointing so it's literally the worst piece of garbage ever made and Kojima should kill himself because the game is so embarassing. You seriously sat through the ten hours of borderline gibberish in the previous games over and over again when you replayed them? You pay attention to a MGS story one time, then you play for the excellent gameplay. It's fine if you didn't like MGS:V, but some of the comments I've read about the game are just embarrassing.

If you spent over 100 hours playing a game to 100 percent that you "hate", you're an idiot. Period, end of story. So many people making excuses for why they got 100 percent on the game, but it definitely wasn't because they were having fun, no sir the game is complete shit after all, it's because they're an MGS fan or a trophy whore. One thing we definitely can't do though is admit that while we were dissapointed by the story, we really enjoyed the gameplay, because that would break the link in our circlejerk and somebody would be left without getting their jollies off.

Going back in this thread and reading the anti-MGS:V circle by people who got 100 percent in the game just reaffirms my belief that gamers are the absolute worst people alive.

Anth0ny

Garbage is the wrong word, but story wise it doesn't hang with the other 4 MGS games. It was also clearly rushed, and I don't blame Kojima for that at all. I blame Konami for everything I didn't like about MGSV.

It was also still my GOTY last year lol

Kindekuma

Banned
Reading the post above about other people's thoughts on MGSV has me thinking. So I have 247 hours clocked into MGSV, and at 100% completion. 2 FOBs with all platforms completed as well. So with that out of the way I feel like I have some credibility to criticize the game. So here's my thoughts on the game in a short couple paragraphs.

Gameplay is best in the series by far, story is worst in the series by far. I understand the whole "make your own story" kind of approach, but this is Metal Gear, a story heavy structured series. Having a plot so watered down and have baked is pretty inexcusable, and this is coming from someone who absolutely adores Kojima and his work.

Gameplay on a base level is phenomenal, I loved Peace Walker's base mechanics, staff farming, and mission structure. But V takes a backseat in terms of mission variety compared to Peace Walker (but I'm not saying I wanted copy paste boss battles with extra bullet sponge). I want Fox Engine re-imagined Pooyan missions, area defense, demolition, photography challenges. Finding a roll of film is an odd but interesting idea of a mission, and fultoning two heavily guarded containers breaks the mold of "rescue this guy/assassinate this dude".

Also, the hell is up with locking us out of important side ops? Why can't we just go to that area where the side ops begins, press a button like we do for the shooting range missions and just set up the mission to be replayed again? I wanna punch Eli in the face again like you have no idea. But thankfully mods like Infinite Heaven allows you to replay whatever side op you want.

This post is getting kind of going all over the place for me, but....TL;DR, story has no excuse for being bad, base gameplay mechanics are phenomenal but lack of mission variety hurts. Mods on PC make the game fun to play after completion. Also MGO3 is dead ;__;7

J.EM1

I loved both the gameplay and the story. Call me crazy, but I am crazy. lol

I don't have time to scrutinize and criticize narrative, continuity ad nauseam.. I just want to have fun.

Timeaisis

Fun game with a disappointing story. I look back on my time on it very fondly, but not for the story like I do with the other MGS games.

Also, hey guys!

i think the story is pretty good actually, it's just the execution that is lacking. the pacing is completely fucked with how the game is structured. i think the story would have been better served by a few changes.

• There should have been a shorter main mission set up. maybe 10-12 missions total for the main story, with all the other "main" missions being side ops (and the existing side ops just being shit to do out in the field). basically the structure of peace walker. this would have greatly improved the pacing of the story.
  • i would have moved a lot of the exposition, most of actually away from tapes. Have ocelot, miller, etc running around mother base. so each time you return to mother base, you can approach these characters and get extra story information. more like a traditional RPG or what we've seen in mass effect. this would have encouraged the player to return to mother base between missions to discover more about the story. combine that witht he above idea of the main story being more streamlined. you wouldn't even need to change basically anything about the story in these cases
  • lastly, the obvious 2 things remaining are episode 51 existing in the game, and cleaning up that dreadful episode 46, making it different from the prologue in a more meaningful way during gameplay (not just a copy and paste). I would also have the big reveal come earlier in the game. maybe even right after episode 31/32 (Whatver the first ending is, can't remember). that way the reveal doens't get in the way of the narrative.

The biggest issue is obviously the fact that we clearly got an incomplete game, it's just such a big F you to the fans who've waited so long. Combined with other little things such as the misleading advertising (that suggested we'd get a different game to the one we got), and other odditys such as just how terrible Ocelot was, means imo the criticism it got was not that overblown. But in spite of it's issues it was still a great game, and I still get cravings to go back and play it because of how amazing it was mechanically.

Top Bottom