• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Anth0ny

now that metal gear is over

I can finally live out the boy hood dream

and collect metal gear stuff

6 different versions of MGS for PS1 here I comeeeeeeeeeeee

CmzpP2RWEAAokI9.jpg:large

Mexen

So does this mean we are now Homo Ludens going to be Death Stranding Community?

I'm probably one of the few GAF members still playing this game.

I'm disappoint!

I got it during the sale and I am currently playing it.

now that metal gear is over

I can finally live out the boy hood dream

and collect metal gear stuff

6 different versions of MGS for PS1 here I comeeeeeeeeeeee

Actually been thinking I should get the HD Collection soon.

I just bought Metal Gear Ray model kit during my trip to Japan.

For someone who is practically novice in assembling model kits. How long (and how hard for that matter :p) does it take to complete?

Kazuhira

I'm disappoint!

What are doing in the game? mgo,fob? I've done/unlocked everything and i don't feel like playing it.
Strangely,that was never an obstable with the previous games(even in gz),i kept replaying them over and over because it was fun to do speedruns,challenges etc

KOMANI

KOMANI
What are doing in the game? mgo,fob? I've done/unlocked everything and i don't feel like playing it.
Strangely,that was never an obstable with the previous games(even in gz),i kept replaying them over and over because it was fun to do speedruns,challenges etc
There's a healthy FOB community on the PS4 (the top Xbone players switched over) and the updated challenges for campaign have improved.
You are right though, I felt GZ had more replayability due to the trial runs and speed runs.

Kindekuma

Banned

I'm disappoint!

You're not. I play V on a near daily basis. I've been trying to get into FOBs, I'm pretty shit at them :(. I'm going in with the S1000-Air S for quick KOs, a Brennan for cipher/turret kills, and a WU-5 for headshot tranqs. But I consistently get caught by random stray NPCs while patrolling or see me crawling up a pipe. Gotta start abusing Noct. drugs to be aware of them.

Man, once the alert goes out on the base, that's it for me.

Also I haven't been playing MGO3 at all lately anymore. I keep auto disconnecting when trying to instant match in some modes, and player base dwindles.

Ryan_MSF

After MGSV, I was taken from the battle, neither truly alive, nor truly dead, an undying shadow, in a world of lights. Now, in front of you, I can finally die.

You're not. I play V on a near daily basis. I've been trying to get into FOBs, I'm pretty shit at them :(. I'm going in with the S1000-Air S for quick KOs, a Brennan for cipher/turret kills, and a WU-5 for headshot tranqs. But I consistently get caught by random stray NPCs while patrolling or see me crawling up a pipe. Gotta start abusing Noct. drugs to be aware of them.

Man, once the alert goes out on the base, that's it for me.

Also I haven't been playing MGO3 at all lately anymore. I keep auto disconnecting when trying to instant match in some modes, and player base dwindles.

yeah the drugs definitely works well for seeing stray enemies. i don't think the level design of the FOBs is conducive to the overall gameplay elements established for the single player game. it's like some weird combination of mgsv gameplay with oldschool mgs level design. it doesn't work well when you there aren't many areas to hide in and wait out enemy patrols after getting caught. you're basically encouraged to fight your way out of most situations if you're caught while the main game allows you to run away and flank and return to stealth relatively easily

KOMANI

KOMANI
yeah the drugs definitely works well for seeing stray enemies. i don't think the level design of the FOBs is conducive to the overall gameplay elements established for the single player game. it's like some weird combination of mgsv gameplay with oldschool mgs level design. it doesn't work well when you there aren't many areas to hide in and wait out enemy patrols after getting caught. you're basically encouraged to fight your way out of most situations if you're caught while the main game allows you to run away and flank and return to stealth relatively easily
The addition of air ducts would have helped

Icefire1424

Do any of you still play MGO3.

Nope. Only played it for a couple weeks as well. Just never grabbed me the same way MGO2 did.

Truth be told, I never even finished MGSV either. Got to the point where the missions started repeating, and it turned me off quite a bit. Still intending to go back and finish everything, but the drive just wasn't there.

Icefire1424

Ohhhhhhh it's that pachinko crap again, isn't it. Dammit!

Edit / Disclaimer: Since my daughter was born a couple years back, I've been so far out of the Metal Gear loop it's funny. Saw those shots and thought it was a MGS3 remaster or something. I'm only just starting to be able to play games with any regularity again.

Top Bottom