• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Unboxing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Collectors Edition

Man the steelbook is sexy.

CNXbBmZWgAAqkHR.jpg:large

Damn, I was really holding out hope that they would change their minds and include the shinkawa steel book in the U.S ce.

brau

I know that's what I'm getting. :)

I expect nothing less from you. Being fancy. :) Send pics when you get it. I almost got rid of my ps4 to get that one. but that is just crazy talking.

Nah, I wanted to play Bloodborne so bad that I just ordered a regular PS4 with BB. Hopefully getting TPP tomorrow or Friday.

Ah... BB is a gem of a game. Totally worth it. Its a good time to get a ps4 i guess. Until Dawn is amazing. I totally recommend it. and of course... life will end when TPP comes out.

Danny 117

Ah... BB is a gem of a game. Totally worth it. Its a good time to get a ps4 i guess. Until Dawn is amazing. I totally recommend it. and of course... life will end when TPP comes out.

I've defeated the Blood Starved Beast, Father Gascoigne and some other boss on the bridge who I forgot the name of. Really enjoying it so far!

And yeah.. TPP will consume me for a good 2 weeks or more I reckon. Then theres the FoB stuff, then MGO.... wow.

brau

I've defeated the Blood Starved Beast, Father Gascoigne and some other boss on the bridge who I forgot the name of. Really enjoying it so far!

And yeah.. TPP will consume me for a good 2 weeks or more I reckon. Then theres the FoB stuff, then MGO.... wow.

oh nice. moving pretty fast. That game is so much fun. Makes me even hype even more for DS3.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, if the PS4 arrives tomorrow (here's hoping) I won't have any money to buy GZ, so I'll end up starting TPP straight away... I want my free shit! :D

cabletime

Dude! I'd give an arm and an eye to play through those games again for the first time. I'm thrilled you loved it. You're always welcome here and I got a rush of excitement just reading your post. No need for apologies. WELCOME BROTHAAAAAAA!

Thanks for the welcome! Ever since I finished the other games, the only new game I even care about getting is MGSV! I could honestly say that if it was the only game I would play for the rest of the year I would be happy! The hype is too real! We are approaching zero hour with every second that passes! I even got the collectors edition on preorder in march when it was announced. I knew this would be my GOTY for sure. The 1st can't get here fast enough! It truly has "kept me waiting..." haha.

GHound

Gold Member
So, nearing the end of my umpteenth play through of the series.

Act 4 of MGS4 nearly kills me every time. Field trip? More like feels trip.

Danny 117

oh nice. moving pretty fast. That game is so much fun. Makes me even hype even more for DS3.

Well I've completed DS1, DS2 and SoTFS so I've gotten used to the formula. It has been quite jarring having to do without a shield, though it's a nice change. Reminds me of my rapier build from DS2.

I PM'd you both.

Thanks, Shy. :)

Man I can't wait to sneak throughout Afghanistan with D-Horse... Quiet... DD.. etc. Awesome. So many ways to approach all the missions, and if theres as many as Peace Walker... oh my.

5olid_5nake

Damn, such a shame that I won't be able to play this day 1, unfortunately a little short on money (with college and all that) and seeing all this hype is killing me :D.

NYR94

Just realized we haven't heard a single line of dialogue from Huey or Eli in any of the trailers, right? It's been all Boss, Kaz, Ocelot, Skull Face and Code Talker.

And I wonder how many female characters are going to be in this game. We've seen Quiet (who doesn't speak), but beyond that the only women I can think of are the one who looks like Paz, the nurse and the soldier on fire who "took the short way down." Can't even know at this point how many of them even have substantial roles to play. Just odd since Metal Gear has always had its fair share of female characters.

Just realized we haven't heard a single line of dialogue from Huey or Eli in any of the trailers, right? It's been all Boss, Kaz, Ocelot, Skull Face and Code Talker.

And I wonder how many female characters are going to be in this game. We've seen Quiet (who doesn't speak), but beyond that the only women I can think of are the one who looks like Paz, the nurse and the soldier on fire who "took the short way down." Can't even know at this point how many of them even have substantial roles to play. Just odd since Metal Gear has always had its fair share of female characters.

It will probably introduce some new characters, like every MGS before it. I doubt Quiet, Code Talker and Skull Face will be the only ones.

MajorTom

Are you in the uk. ?

I have 100% save if i put it on mega would that work for you. ?
If ps4 saves are like PS3 saves then it won't work. Your save data only works for the profile it was created with. On PS3 there was a way around that for certain games but I'm not sure about ps4

God damn, I really want that Shinkawa steelbook but I can't justify buying a separate copy for it.

Hoping one of my friend will preorder it and let me buy it off them.

Top Bottom