• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Shy

I hear theres a companion app for TPP and GZ but not for PC? what gives?
OEhgCnQ.png

i kinda wish there was a button press to stroke DD while you're on motherbase, it feels like the only thing thats missing!
There is during the mission, so you never know.

Just watched the launch trailer. tbh I could've done without watching it because it didn't show much at all other than that obvious thing that I wouldn't really call a spoiler but more of a hint or something that raises questions but doesn't answer any. Could also be Kojiima purposely misleading us. Either way... HYPE
Quiet's theme is kind of cheesy though. Still like it I guess.

And I'm glad I didn't get the US collectors edition, cuz it looks meh

I swear to god if you throw a grenade and the dog goes after it, I will cry and laugh in unison...and cry endlessly after.

Sadly you can't interact with DD at all at base. I was disappointed. You can't interact with your soldiers as well by like saluting back. You can punch or throw them though.

Alienous

I reckon The Phantom Pain is going to be my last game for a good while.

Battlefront, Fallout 4, whatever else is coming out this year, I'll probably just wait a year on them.

I can only really imagine Uncharted 4 being compelling enough to day one.

Moog_

Neo Member
Anyone know how good GameStop is about release day delivery? I chose the fastest shipping possible (one-day) for my CE.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Here is the thing, since this game is all about progression and unlocking stuff. What if you can do stuff with DD once your relationship with him is better?

Like Ocelot said in the TGS trailer: "He's still a pup so he doesn't listen."

Here is the thing, since this game is all about progression and unlocking stuff. What if you can do stuff with DD once your relationship with him is better?

Maybe you can interact with him when he's a buddy? As in when he gets older. I mean we see BB pet him in one of the videos when he's out and about on a mission.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm assuming you can pet DD when he grows up. Maybe not as a puppy since he can't be taken out onto the field and social link rank isn't necessary when he's a puppy.

Jesus, Mother Base is now Persona.

cabletime

I'm having a hard time deciding at who I want to be my main buddy after getting Quiet and DD. The sniper support in itself is a good system! But taking DD into the battlefield seems really awesome!

Ryan_MSF

hopefully the same rule applies to quiet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

NYR94

Listening to podcast Beyond #408 has me beyond nuclear. It's become more clear that part of Kojima's intention with the game is moving the amazing moments from cut scenes into gameplay by giving the player immense freedom. The close calls and exciting moments we could only hope to see in cut scenes in the past are now possible in game play where anything can happen. They make a point about how being tasked with an obective and then failing that objective would be mission failed in lesser games, but in TPP it's like, "Well, figure something else out." Once the game comes out the youtube vids of missions are going to be amazing. We've already seen the potential for non-scripted, brilliant moments in the vids from everyday gamers playing Ground Zeroes. Imagine how much more fun Act 3 of MGS4 would have been if you could find the rebel hideout in some other way other than that tedious tailing mission. As far as I can tell, that segment from MGS4 would have gotten shot down immediately in a TPP design meeting.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm having a hard time deciding at who I want to be my main buddy after getting Quiet and DD. The sniper support in itself is a good system! But taking DD into the battlefield seems really awesome!

Take Quiet when planning to go in/out loud, and for mass recruitment. Bring DD for pure stealth and resources (minerals, plants, animals, etc) collection.

Alienous

Listening to podcast Beyond #408 has me beyond nuclear. It's become more clear that part of Kojima's intention with the game is moving the amazing moments from cut scenes into gameplay by giving the player immense freedom. The close calls and exciting moments we could only hope to see in cut scenes in the past are now possible in game play where anything can happen. They make a point about how being tasked with an obective and then failing that objective would be mission failed in lesser games, but in TPP it's like, "Well, figure something else out." Once the game comes out the youtube vids of missions are going to be amazing. We've already seen the potential for non-scripted, brilliant moments in the vids from everyday gamers playing Ground Zeroes. Imagine how much more fun Act 3 of MGS4 would have been if you could find the rebel hideout in some other way other than that tedious tailing mission. As far as I can tell, that segment from MGS4 would have gotten shot down immediately in a TPP design meeting.

It would have gotten shot down in the design meeting of any game from a competent studio.

Strazyplus

Sadly you can't interact with DD at all at base. I was disappointed. You can't interact with your soldiers as well by like saluting back. You can punch or throw them though.

hopefully the same rule applies to quiet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

original.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Yep, that war story he tells, the other guys look so excited while he tells the story haha.

So good.

But he really nails it, every other game where you step out the line and do something you shouldn't do like killing an important person it would be game over but in MGSV the game tells you well you fucked up now you gotta find another way to finish the mission.

It's really next-gen gameplay.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Take Quiet when planning to go in/out loud, and for mass recruitment. Bring DD for pure stealth and resources (minerals, plants, animals, etc) collection.

I'm worried about taking Quiet in case she kills soldiers I wish to fulton.

Ryan_MSF

I'm worried about taking Quiet in case she kills soldiers I wish to fulton.

think quiet make take the back burner till i can get her a tranq.rifle, i don't think i'm gonna be killing really any guards till i've got a decent amount of soldiers at mother base.

think quiet make take the back burner till i can get her a tranq.rifle, i don't think i'm gonna be killing really any guards till i've got a decent amount of soldiers at mother base.

If I am not mistaken, you can equip your buddies with the weapons you want so wait till you get the tranq sniper and let her equip that.

Dont worry, they'll just remove mgo3 instead. Problem solved!

smirk.gif~c200

Top Bottom