• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Rajang

Man, Peace Walker is so awesome. Really makes you feel like a
Big
Boss with all the base management.

b4yatfsciaapkfxpnof7.jpg

Shy

To everyone that's come in here wanting to know about shops breaking street date.
If you find out, do not use the quote function, use PM's only.
Because quoting isn't safe, and you're putting that shop in danger.

Who designed the Outer-GAF logo. ?
Because we need that person to design it in game, then post an in-depth step-by-step guide on how to reproduce it. So we can be one, united by a common purpose.

Who designed the Outer-GAF logo. ?
Because we need that person to design it in game, then post an in-depth step-by-step guide on how to reproduce it. So we can be one, united by a common purpose.

Seconded.

Diamond Dogs's logo is pretty cool but it seems the most out of place between MSF and Outer Heaven.

A-V-B

Wait, so is TPP still limited by selecting missions, ala Ground Zeroes? I thought it was completely open world and you could just roam around.

213372bu

Banned
Wait, so is TPP still limited by selecting missions, ala Ground Zeroes? I thought it was completely open world and you could just roam around.

It is, story mission have to be initiated though, I believe. Side ops can be done through walking through the open-world.

Both. You can choose to simply free roam and go to missions on your own by going to the place and triggering it OR drop to a mission zone directly from your ACC.

I was just playing PW online and it made me sad thinking that 1)MGO is delayed.
2) it might not be as good as we hope 3) it wont be supported long.
In a way, I was kind of looking forward more to MGO than the actual MGSV. I hope it's good...

I admit I went a couple places hoping for a broken street date, but no luck. Just waiting on Amazon to go ahead and ship my CE already...

Kindekuma

Banned
I admit I went a couple places hoping for a broken street date, but no luck. Just waiting on Amazon to go ahead and ship my CE already...

Banditooooo
I remember going to a Walmart back when GZ was about to launch and played dumb asking for the game for a friend's birthday as a gift. If it was in the system I'd ask them to get it from the back because I didn't see it out in the display case. I was desperate for GZ, but so far TPP I'm doing fine.

Cubed

Anyone know of a store breaking release date in the Baltimore/D.C. area? Even willing to drive to Delaware or NoVA for the game right now.

Thanks, buddies! PM me, please.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if getting S ranks in TPP will be more difficult than anything in GZ.

I didn't have too much trouble with GZ. The air emplacement one was the hardest.

Banditooooo
I remember going to a Walmart back when GZ was about to launch and played dumb asking for the game for a friend's birthday as a gift. If it was in the system I'd ask them to get it from the back because I didn't see it out in the display case. I was desperate for GZ, but so far TPP I'm doing fine.

That sounds pretty tempting actually, haha! Though I also realize I feel like an addict trying to break the habit. I need this game already! Just have to soldier through the weekend

Kindekuma

Banned
Lethally, did they lower the kill penalty?

I expect it to be just as difficult as GZ except a lot more different ways to do it.

The game doesn't punish you for kills as much as GZ or Peace Walker did. They fully expect you to get into some kind of conflict at some point so instead of having to go kill-less alertless run, it's more flexible.

Tookay

If some kind soul would like to tell of me of any stores in SoCal (LA, OC) releasing this early, I will be indebted to you forever.

The game doesn't punish you for kills as much as GZ or Peace Walker did. They fully expect you to get into some kind of conflict at some point so instead of having to go kill-less alertless run, it's more flexible.

That's very relieving to hear. I thought it would be the opposite of that with the Kill penalty being a bit higher now that you have so many ways to clear the mission.

Kindekuma

Banned
OT has changed. It's no longer about hyping up the TPP, telling stories, and having PW co-op nights. It's an endless series of asking for stores breaking street date, asked by people desperate to play the magnum opus of the series.

The1Ski

OT has changed. It's no longer about hyping up the TPP, telling stories, and having PW co-op nights. It's an endless series of asking for stores breaking street date, asked by people desperate to play the magnum opus of the series.

Thought we were doing a roll call of where we're from.

Disgraced

Yep, that's what I plan on doing. Really hard to focus on anything other than Metal Gear though with only 5 days left. :p
Dude, you're damn right. I've already played so much MG in prep for this, so right now I too've been trying to take my mind off it, and the worst part for me is playing games where B or circle is the crouch button instead of A/X. I just completely fucked over my crew in Payday 2 on a Pro Job/Death Wish heist (a long, super hard level w/no checkpoints) by leaping around like a dumbass every time I tried to take cover.

A-V-B

This has been the absolutely longest week in recent memory.

Also, got a 66m headshot with my tranq gun in GZ! Woo! So satisfying.

Top Bottom