• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid movie script turned in

Kev Kev

Me too, I’m currently replaying MGS1 on pc at the moment.
FWIW, i know some poeple hate mgs4, but i thought that was a great end to the series. yeah, a little bit of BB's story still wasn't quite fleshed out with mgsv (peace walker and portable ops helps but still...), or at least it didnt quite scratch the itch for me, but at least we got a solid (heh) ending for solid snake and company with mgs4 so 🤷‍♂️ what can ya do

but still, the hype behind an upcoming mgs title is like no other. i still contend this is the best trailer of any piece of media i can think of... the feels are intense lol

I'm not sure how you could cram any one of the MGS games into anything short of a mini-series. I'm not sure why it has to be a movie. Everything has to fit within 3 hrs, but more likely a lot less than that. I personally don't think games translate very well into movie. Make them mini-series, please.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Kurt Russell Deepfake or:

iu

i hope its not a 2 Hour movie with Kiefer Sutherland as Snake, getting kiled in the first 20 minuets then Justin Beiber/Raiden fucking up the whole movie, John Goodman as Fatman;)

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
But instead we're getting an Uncharted movie, which is just more Indiana Jones.

I'm now classifying the fading of Metal Gear Solid as an industry shame, to be placed alongside the Dreamcast, Madden beating NFL2k, and Spies vs Mercs not blowing up.

giphy-1.gif

Humanity is a vile creature.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But instead we're getting an Uncharted movie, which is just more Indiana Jones.
This very strange for me, entire selling point of Uncharted series that has big "Hollywood movie vibe", it feels really pointless making movie out of it.

What I really want to see is a Bioshock movie that doesn't really follow the story from the game but instead its center around a family moving to Rapture and see down fall of the city through their eyes.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Ec2ZLOOUYAATsdu

this is awesome

it took me a second to see it but the reflection of big boss in the water (middle bottom of picture) is actually solid from mgs1 (i think)

RAIDEN1

They are taking their sweet ass time in getting this together, the movie should have come out back in 2008 to commemorate the release of the PS1 game, they could have gone for a CG look, like the Final Fantasy movie did...

TheGrat1

Imagine a MGS2 movie:
*The image on screen freezes and a codec window pops up*
Crazy Colonel Campell: Attention! Everyone must leave the theater immediately! This is not a drill. Please leave your seats and proceed towards the non-emergency exits in an orderly fashion. Leave your popcorn and soda behind. A cinema employee will be waiting for you with further instructions. Once again: This is not a drill! Leave the theater immediately!
*Window closes and the film starts playing again*
I would pay money to see the audience reactions! :messenger_dizzy::messenger_dizzy::messenger_dizzy:

Kev Kev

Imagine a MGS2 movie:
*The image on screen freezes and a codec window pops up*
Crazy Colonel Campell: Attention! Everyone must leave the theater immediately! This is not a drill. Please leave your seats and proceed towards the non-emergency exits in an orderly fashion. Leave your popcorn and soda behind. A cinema employee will be waiting for you with further instructions. Once again: This is not a drill! Leave the theater immediately!
*Window closes and the film starts playing again*
I would pay money to see the audience reactions! :messenger_dizzy::messenger_dizzy::messenger_dizzy:
holy shit this would be amazing

supernova8

Banned
This very strange for me, entire selling point of Uncharted series that has big "Hollywood movie vibe", it feels really pointless making movie out of it.

What I really want to see is a Bioshock movie that doesn't really follow the story from the game but instead its center around a family moving to Rapture and see down fall of the city through their eyes.

I'd say Uncharted can have the sort of success Tomb Raider did. Only other video game turned movie that had any success (that I can think of) is Resident Evil and that seemed to stray pretty far away from the original canon. Uncharted could be great but Tom Holland is the wrong choice. He's far too scrawny to play the role properly.

Top Bottom