• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Gamescom Gameplay Demo

Nibel

I wanna see the back of the box...for reasons.

6zZst61.jpg

Randam

Amazing because most of the general complaints from an MGS game come from either it's long winded cut scenes or convoluted story lol.
But only from people that don't like the series.

Fans and reviews never really complained about the story or to many cutscenes.

Alienous

MGS4 sold out on its vision by the third act. Like "Ah, fuck it, let's just do a tailing mission". By Act 4 'Stealth in an active battlefield' is a distant memory.

It's like if MGSV decided to stop being an open-world game halfway through.

It is for that reason most (among the others) that MGS4 is, in my opinion, the worst mainline Metal Gear Solid. Kojima copped out and followed the core gameplay concept with a tailing mission, a bike chase, a sequence that gets by only on nostalgia, and one powerful moment in whatever the fuck the last act of the game was.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
MGS4 sold out on its vision by the third act. Like "Ah, fuck it, let's just do a tailing mission". By Act 4 'Stealth in an active battlefield' is a distant memory.

It is for that reason most (among the others) that MGS4 is, in my opinion, the worst Metal Gear Solid. Kojima copped out and followed the core gameplay concept with a tailing mission, a bike chase, a sequence that gets by only on nostalgia, and one powerful moment in whatever the fuck the last act of the game was.

You're good people.

I don't blame you, season 4 is fantastic as well. Second best, by a hair.

Ah, you said the first 4. My bad.

There's only 5 series, isn't there? Either way, you're good people too.

Boke1879

It is for that reason most (among the others) that MGS4 is, in my opinion, the worst mainline Metal Gear Solid. Kojima copped out and followed the core gameplay concept with a tailing mission, a bike chase, a sequence that gets by only on nostalgia, and one powerful moment in whatever the fuck the last act of the game was.

I didn't mind act 3. Definite change of pace and I like the stealth aspect of it.

But you are right. The whole "Battlefield" thing Kojima was going for was lost after act 2.

teknix

Neo Member
Imagine if Kojima trolls us one last time and releases a statement on twitter the game actually unlocks tonight instead of 9/1. So many people would lose it. And by it, I mean their jobs, cause no one would be working tomorrow.

GeekMarty

Now that the Review Thread is up, with the OT soon to follow, I guess this thread is gonna die out. It was fun reading the speculations and hyping in here.

I salute you all o7

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Now that the Review Thread is up, with the OT soon to follow, I guess this thread is gonna die out. It was fun reading the speculations and hyping in here.

I salute you all o7

I'm scared of the review thread, seems like spoilers are being posted there. Shit, shit, shit.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

I salute you all o7
OTs go up the right next to the release.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I feel like I am on crack I am scared and panicked going through any thread even this one that a spoiler will be posted by accident

IMACOMPUTA

I checked out the OP of the review thread, but I'm not going any further in there. I don't mind hanging here and protecting eachother.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I am on crack I am scared and panicked going through any thread even this one that a spoiler will be posted by accident

I just need the game, I NEED IT.

I checked out the OT of the review thread, but I'm not going any further in there. I don't mind hanging here and protecting eachother.

What's sad it's that after that Review thread, it seems people have abandoned this one.

SomTervo

Wait, what's wrong with S2 of The Wire?!

Often considered the worst one - even though it's still brill, obviously. I had a 4-5 month hiatus from The Wire about five episodes into S02, solely because the pacing shat a brick. Doesn't pick up until ep 10 which is a big mistake.

Edit: parguably S02 is the most important in the whole series story-wise, though. The scene is set.

Now MGS!

Top Bottom